115 replies to this topic

#61 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,166 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Just got out from the show. So, yeah, this McCartney guy is pretty good.

This kid is going places!

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#62 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

Just got out from the show. So, yeah, this McCartney guy is pretty good.

This kid is going places!

Am glad you enjoyed .. I was there in '64 ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#63 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

I know everyone who went is going to be blubbering in excitement about the concert, but I'm glad I didn't go. Overrated and pretty meh imo. If it was john lennon though.... If only their fates were switched.
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#64 That's What She Said

That's What She Said

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

Disappointed that Springsteen didn't make an appearance, and the bass & drums were too overwhelming at times but a great experience overall.
Why not Zoidberg? (\/)(°,,,°)(\/)

#65 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

I know everyone who went is going to be blubbering in excitement about the concert, but I'm glad I didn't go. Overrated and pretty meh imo. If it was john lennon though.... If only their fates were switched.

First of all, he's not overrated. The guy was absolutely amazing. He rocked it harder at age 70, then I've seen most musicians rock in their 20's. He played for more than 3 hours straight, and had like 4 encores.

And saying that you wish it was him instead of lennon is just dumb. Give your head a shake. No real beatles fan would ever say that.

Edited by DeNiro, 26 November 2012 - 02:13 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#66 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,227 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

You clearly don't know who John Lennon is. He would never have done 3-hour concerts.

Paul was really good. If you think he's overrated, I assume you're just trying to say The Beatles are overrated.
Posted Image

Hockey_Crazy is a god. But I still got dibs on Yuna.

#67 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,317 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

I managed to stay around at the end backstage and got to see him less than 10 m away, pretty sweet.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#68 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

You clearly don't know who John Lennon is. He would never have done 3-hour concerts.

Paul was really good. If you think he's overrated, I assume you're just trying to say The Beatles are overrated.

If he thinks the Beatles are overrated, he pretty much thinks that music is overrated.

No band has or probably ever will be as influential and intertwined in history as the Beatles, period.

Posted Image

#69 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

These dickskin losers that have posted negative in this thread can suck a fat one.

That was one of the greatest shows I have ever ever evrrrrrrr experienced in my life!!!!! Paul, at 70 freakin years old, puts on a better show than three quarters of any other band touring today. What an absolute trip down memory lane that was.

My god, if anyone was there tonight, how friggin amazing was Live and Let Die????

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#70 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

First time I've left a concert feeling sad it was over, for sure the best one I have been to.

#71 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,704 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

I managed to stay around at the end backstage and got to see him less than 10 m away, pretty sweet.

PAUL!

(Did he look?)

#72 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

does anybody have any idea who is opening for him??? Not John Lennon obv

Springsteen
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#73 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

If you did not go, how can you say "Overrated and pretty meh"? How can you review a concert you did not go too? Its ridiculous!

As for the concert it was 3 hours long. It started at 8:40 pm and ended at 11:35. For 3 hours, Paul McCartney went through a repetoire of Beatles and Wings songs. I think it was about 30 songs. We heard the classics from All My Love, Yesterday, Elenore Rigby, Let It be, to Band on the Run, and so many more.

During the 3 hrs, Paul did not take a break. Pretty amazing for someone age 70.

The age range was very broad, from grandmothers with white hair to teenagers. Of course the trend was toward older people. Thats the music they grew up with.

For people that missed the Beatles, this concert WAS the Beatles. Except for the backup band, you would not know it was not the Beatles. Paul McCartney was the lead singer for many of the Beatles Songs, so in effect you ARE listening to the Beatles.

Paul McCartney vs John Lennon? Well they were the heart of the Beatles since they co-wrote most of the songs. Do they have different personalites? Sure they did. Paul McCartney always was considered a nicer guy than John Lennon. Some said John Lennon was a bit of a jerk. Who knows. Would John Lennon do a 3 hr concert? Probably not.

And it can be said that Paul McCartney had a more successful career after the Beatles. But since John Lennon was killed so early in life we will never know.

#74 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,984 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

Sad I couldn't go :( That would have been amazing...

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#75 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,317 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

PAUL!

(Did he look?)

He looked around and waved to everyone there.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#76 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Keep your idiotic comments to yourself.
Posted Image

#77 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

These dickskin losers that have posted negative in this thread can suck a fat one.

That was one of the greatest shows I have ever ever evrrrrrrr experienced in my life!!!!! Paul, at 70 freakin years old, puts on a better show than three quarters of any other band touring today. What an absolute trip down memory lane that was.

My god, if anyone was there tonight, how friggin amazing was Live and Let Die????

Lots of clips from the show on youtube.

#78 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,253 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

http://youtu.be/chclL2pMaSg

Lots of clips from the show on youtube.

It's too bad you can see all the pyro that was going off from behind the stage in the video, simply amazing! Anyone who says anything negative about last nights show just can't be a fan of music. The way Paul interacted with the crowd alone was a thing of beauty.

Definitely one of those concerts you just didn't want to see end.

140an3r.jpg

#79 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

Paul, at 70 freakin years old, puts on a better show than three quarters of any other band touring today.

because of money, not because of paul himself

rsz_mad_men.jpg

le temps restitué

#80 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

It had nothing to do with money. He's just a great entertainer, and he can still rock out.

Most of his songs were not accompanied by big pyrotechnics, or elaborate visual effects. Last night was all about the music.

Posted Image

#81 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,253 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Ummm... no. He could easily come out and do a 1 1/2 - 2 hour show and just run through the paces, which is what most bands do these days. Paul doesn't need the money at all. He's worth upwards of 750 million. He engaged the crowd countless times all night and you could tell he really wanted to be out there and perform.

I go to a tonne of concerts and McCartney last night is easily in my top 5, if not my top 3.

He

140an3r.jpg

#82 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,166 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

I really think Paul's performance was buoyed by his desire to make up for a 48 year absence. He gave it all and the show was pro, pro, pro.

Just watching him do a solo accoustic version of Blackbird gave me chills.

Anyone else notice that one of his guitars had both Red Wings and Penguins stickers on them? I was wondering what the story was there.

Edited by theminister, 26 November 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#83 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,166 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

I also had a sad when he played that tribute to John.

32 years and counting...... it hardly seems possible.

Edited by theminister, 26 November 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#84 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Paul McCarty is 70 year old and is still better than justin Bieber and his crappy music

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#85 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,984 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

You guys are making me "have a sad". Why couldn't he have come any other time!!?!? :frantic: :(

Edited by J.R., 26 November 2012 - 02:58 PM.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#86 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,253 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

I really think Paul's performance was buoyed by his desire to make up for a 48 year absence. He gave it all and the show was pro, pro, pro.

Just watching him do a solo accoustic version of Blackbird gave me chills.

Anyone else notice that one of his guitars had both Red Wings and Penguins stickers on them? I was wondering what the story was there.

Yeah I noticed that as well, bet it's a good story. Thought his story about Hendrix was awesome, great tribute to him as well. Blackbird gave me goosebumps.

The acoustics in the new BC Place were put to the test with that one.

You guys are making me "have a sad". Why couldn't he have come any other time!!?!? :frantic: :(

Well he did say he would see us next time. He definitely seemed to enjoy himself last night and by the sounds of it, he and his crew really enjoyed Vancouver over the past couple days from what I've read.

So hopefully he will be back in a few years. Until then youtube is your friend

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 26 November 2012 - 03:03 PM.

140an3r.jpg

#87 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Ummm... no. He could easily come out and do a 1 1/2 - 2 hour show and just run through the paces, which is what most bands do these days. Paul doesn't need the money at all. He's worth upwards of 750 million. He engaged the crowd countless times all night and you could tell he really wanted to be out there and perform.

I go to a tonne of concerts and McCartney last night is easily in my top 5, if not my top 3.

He

I'm not saying he was doing it for the money.

I meant that the production cost is through the roof. His tours cost millions upon millions of dollars, and earn even more. If other bands had the production money to throw around like Paul did, they'd sound just as good. Dunno how anyone can dispute that.

rsz_mad_men.jpg

le temps restitué

#88 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,984 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

I meant that the production cost is through the roof. His tours cost millions upon millions of dollars, and earn even more. If other bands had the production money to throw around like Paul did, they'd sound just as good. Dunno how anyone can dispute that.

So long as they have close to equal his talent and his seemingly unquenchable thirst to entertain... you might have something. Face it, he and the Beatles are in a very select group of entertainers and they didn't get there by accident.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#89 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,984 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Well he did say he would see us next time. He definitely seemed to enjoy himself last night and by the sounds of it, he and his crew really enjoyed Vancouver over the past couple days from what I've read.

So hopefully he will be back in a few years. Until then youtube is your friend

Every part of my body that can be crossed, is.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#90 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,166 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Holy crap, man. You weren't there. You didn't see it. I am still waiting for someone who went to say it was less than freaking awe inspiring.

Of course the show cost money and sound in BC Place has always been tricky.

Get this :

Paul was awesome
The band was awesome
The music was awesome
The sound was awesome
The experience was awesome.

Walk away.

Edited by theminister, 26 November 2012 - 03:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.