CHodgson9

To Toronto:

Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver:

Joe Colborne

2013 1st Round Pick

RFA rights to Cody Franson

2013 is one of those deep drafts allegedly like 2003/2008

Toronto only has to give up 1 roster player who's a #4-#6 dman on the team, while parting with top center prospect Colborne (Calgary native), and bringing Sicamous native Franson back to BC. With Luongo, Toronto would certainly make the playoffs, and therefore that pick would be somewhere between 16-24th IMO. Also, by parting with Franson that opens up a spot for Morgan Rielly.

Phaneuf/Gardiner/

Komisarek/Liles/

Gunnarsson/Rielly

Luongo

Having two 2013 first round picks gives us big time trade assets to acquire another top roster player (i.e. Bobby Ryan) in a package deal. Anaheim drafted 2 studs late in the 08 draft in Perry/Getzlaf, so perhaps in that way they would be willing to part with Bobby Ryan who definitely wants out.

To Anaheim:

2013 1st (Vancouver)

2013 1st (Toronto)

Keith Ballard

To Vancouver:

Bobby Ryan

Our Lineup with the trade:

Sedin Sedin Ryan

Booth Kesler Burrows

Higgins Colborne Hansen

Kassian Lapierre Malhotra

Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Franson Tanev

Schneider

Lack

If you wanna swap out burr/ryan on the first/second line, that's a coaching decision, not a lineup decision so I don't care.

Pretty sure Burke says no. They need Colbourn to mature into there 2nd line center that there woefully lacking and Franson is a near future top 4 pairing D. I fully agree that we should target these players but to ask for a first on top would be too much to ask in my opinion. We'd have to throw in a lil more maybe Tavev or Raymond J schro. Or we could forget the first that you plan to trade anyway and go after Kulemin who they reluctantly resigned a la Raymond but in my opinion would be an upgrade over Raymond size and skill wise and could fit nicely as a setup man on the kes line or make our third more dangerous. Keep our first as you said its a deep draft coming up could be worth while.

Bobby Ryan would be nice too though.

Archived