The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evan McEneny | D

Joel Heyman

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Does anyone know what's going on with Evan McEneny? The Canucks didn't sign him, neither did any other NHL team. Wonder if the Comets or another AHL team will sign him to an AHL deal.

Very surprised that he has not shown up on any rosters. Other that his unfortunate injuries, I thought he had some potential to be an NHL player at some point.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I had high hope for him as a potential Canuck but repeated injuries certainly derailed what could have been a promising career.

Yup, when Evan’s body was cooperating, he really had the look of a player with NHL potential. A lot of hits on my eye test, whenever I watched him play, and I really was rooting for him to make it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On 2/19/2021 at 11:46 AM, Kootenay Gold said:

I had high hope for him as a potential Canuck but repeated injuries certainly derailed what could have been a promising career.

I was at the Penticton Prospects tourny and he looked great. Nice size and playing strong position. He looked like a NHL'er. The odds are so against these young players who even make it as far as the AHL. I wish him luck. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1