The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Burrows re-signs with Canucks - 4 years, $4.5m per, Full NTC

Strombone1

I'd take Selanne, and I'd take Jagr; but on one year deals this year instead of Doan; not instead of Burrows who will be a great role player for us for another 5 years! :towel:

Backes, you have a point; but its not like we could trade Burrows for him anyways. I'm erring on the side of realistic! :rolleyes:

I'd take Selanne and Backes ahead of Burrows, but no one else is clearly better at that price point.

Don't get me wrong - I love Burrows. His work ethic has made him one of my favourite players on the team.

But I still think 4.5 is pretty high for a player who's stats are clearly inflated by playing with the Sedins. I would have been happier for 4 for sure, and I honestly thought that would be around what he'd sign for.

Seeing Doan sign for not even a million more a year makes me wonder what kind of deal we really got. Burrows is rugged and tough, but not particularly strong and not exactly a hard-hitting presence on the ice like Doan would be.

Don't get me wrong - I love Burrows. His work ethic has made him one of my favourite players on the team.

But I still think 4.5 is pretty high for a player who's stats are clearly inflated by playing with the Sedins. I would have been happier for 4 for sure, and I honestly thought that would be around what he'd sign for.

Seeing Doan sign for not even a million more a year makes me wonder what kind of deal we really got. Burrows is rugged and tough, but not particularly strong and not exactly a hard-hitting presence on the ice like Doan would be.

I like Burrows,but time will tell if giving 4.5 million dollar long term contracts to the entire core will keep their drive to win the cup high enough.When these guys are making less they're training like mad men fighting to get through to the next level.I hope these guys can still continue to rise and push themselves after they've essentially already cashed in.

Archived