The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Cena did put him over clean which was great but historically he almost always gets his get-back win in these situations, so there is that. (To be worried about)

Why can't they have Cena/Reigns, they could build it up as who's the real face, Cena going for his 16th, Reigns going to beat the guy he's replacing, in the eyes of people who like watching the WWE that would be way better.

If Cena gets the 16th win at AJ's expense I won't watch another WWE show until Cena retires. Its been 10+ years of Cena mainevents, I'm so beyond sick and tired of it at this point. With him its the exact same thing everytime, and I don't understand how I'm the only one that feels this way.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Cena will have his 16 time world championship moment someday. It is inevitable.

This is for sure. Along with 17. And maybe even 18. I still don't want to see it though, lol.

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

The question will be when will AJ gets his big moment as a face.

I think they will. They've shown enough faith in him, along with him constantly getting some of the loudest reactions, even as a heel. The situation with Dean was pretty ripe for a double turn, but that won't happen, with Cena now in the picture. He'll probably just retain in a dirty way.

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I also think Ambrose would make a great heel.

He would. His persona kinda embodies it. 

But he's like the only male face singles character that generates a consistent pop and loud reaction. The only ones that really compare are Daniel Bryan, or Shane, but they're both authority figures, not wrestlers. Sami Zayn is on a different show now, and the reaction to him is not yet consistent in quieter cities.

So I mean to turn him heel at this point may not be the best move, even if it keeps things looking fresh for him. I myself would like to see it, especially after what hadn't been a particularly overwhelming reign. Would be very similar to what just happened with Drew Galloway following his championship run on TNA. Would work to the same effect.

Though again, the WWE has a dearth of babyfaces. Especially consistently over ones that are believable champions. And he is one. 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Cena did put him over clean which was great but historically he almost always gets his get-back win on the guy, so there is that. (To be worried about)

Why can't they have Cena/Reigns, they could build it up as who's the real face, Cena going for his 16th, Reigns going to beat the guy he's replacing, in the eyes of people who like watching the WWE that would be way better.

If Cena gets the 16th win at AJ's expense I won't watch another WWE show until Cena retires. Its been 10+ years of Cena mainevents, I'm so beyond sick and tired of it at this point. Its the same thing everytime with this guy.

I mean I do wish the feud just kind of ended there at Summerslam (for multiple reasons), but it's probably not going to continue past No Mercy, at least not immediately. And Cena isn't winning at No Mercy.

3 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

I mean I do wish the feud just kind of ended there at Summerslam (for multiple reasons), but it's probably not going to continue past No Mercy, at least not immediately. And Cena isn't winning at No Mercy.

Yeah its probably very unlikely, and then after that he is gone again, so I'm hoping for the best.

But with Cena/The WWE's history, when Cena tweets out that he wants to break Flairs record, and then says it in his promo the way he did, its hard to not worry that this is coming sooner rather than later, I've just seen it so many times before. 

There is a bright spot there that Cena will be gone and AJ will likely still be champion, thats a good point. I'll hold onto hope because of that. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

17 minutes ago, Incursio said:

I still don't care for Miz that much. His recent work has been great, but it'll take more than three weeks of greatness to make up for years of mediocrity. 

I mean I've liked him for a while, so I'm probably coming at this from a different position. He is one of the more bland in ring performers. A Cena type of historically prototypical WWE wrestler. One that I don't particularly care for. He can go, and he can put on good matches like he just did against Ziggler, but only when something else is feeding into the match.

But his character work has been some of the consistently best, in my books. Regardless of what they give him, he makes something out of it. I love his promo work, regardless of whether it's smarmy, or, as of late, emotional and angry.

So I just went from liking him, to liking him more. But I can see why someone wouldn't.

Chelsea Green debuted on Impact for TNA yesterday. Was very cool to see a local wrestler make it on to TV like that. She hasn't been wrestling for long at all, but she's already making it to the big time. She has wrestled for both ASW and ECCW in the Vancouver area, even having held the ASW women's title a couple of months ago.

Her name is Laurel Vanness on TNA. She debuted as a new lackey for Maria. Got eliminated in that battle royale they had to determine the number one contender (was pretty frustrated to just see Gail Kim win again, lol).

Though I do have to say, it feels like almost literally half of the women on their roster are Canadian at this point. They lost Angelina Love, but then added three to make up for her in 2016. Good to see.

Also, besides Chelsea Green, TNA also apparently signed on Brandi Runnels, (Eden Stiles in the WWE). Except to wrestle rather than announce, as that's what she wanted to do. Means probably good things for them regarding Cody Rhodes doing more work for them in the future, as she is his wife.

And a second, also relative aside to Chelsea Greene's appearance on TNA, apparently the Bollywood Boyz may have signed with the WWE.

Hope so for those guys. They deserve big things. It may be a tryout rather thann a signing, but it would be cool if it wasn't.

Would instantly triple the number of Indo-Candians from Vancouver on NXT. But I would miss them being in the indie scene here.

I don't even know that they impressed at the Cruiserweight classic, but someone in charge of talent there seems to really like them.

Good things happening to those from the Vancouver indie scene. Hell, a former ECCW champion just won the Smackdown Women's Championship.

dlZ2wj6.jpg

Edited by g_bassi13
  • Upvote 1

That Raw was a drag and a half to watch. And by that I mean I didn't really watch it. I just kept fast forwarding. Would have been over in about 10 minutes, but I did stop to watch Jericho, the women's match, and the cruiserweight 4 way, which was a lot of fun to watch.

Wasn't even aware the main event was supposed to be a cage match. I don't know how it ended. 

The show did manage to open with Reigns, close with Reigns, feature him in the main event picture, and have him set up for the mid card title. So there was a lot to ignore from yesterday's show.

I didn't even really begin with the intention of skipping most of the show. Like I said previously, I actually kind of enjoyed last week's Raw. Wasn't all that bad. But they started with a reason to skip, and didn't give more than a reason or two to stop this time. It's a damn 3 hour show.

Hopefully Smackdown is a lot better today. And this was a go home show from Raw. Seems like they've completely entered that hibernation mode between Summerslam and Royal Rumble. Hopefully Survivor Series will be a little bit of a reprieve. 

On 9/19/2016 at 6:32 AM, g_bassi13 said:

And a second, also relative aside to Chelsea Greene's appearance on TNA, apparently the Bollywood Boyz may have signed with the WWE.

Hope so for those guys. They deserve big things. It may be a tryout rather thann a signing, but it would be cool if it wasn't.

Would instantly triple the number of Indo-Candians from Vancouver on NXT. But I would miss them being in the indie scene here.

I don't even know that they impressed at the Cruiserweight classic, but someone in charge of talent there seems to really like them.

Good things happening to those from the Vancouver indie scene. Hell, a former ECCW champion just won the Smackdown Women's Championship.

dlZ2wj6.jpg

Interesting considering they are still GFW tag team champs.  Either way, they deserve it!  I've been following them for a few years now and they have dedicated so much to make it to the WWE. 

On 8/24/2013 at 1:39 AM, Smashian Kassian said:

I fear the possibility of him being watered down & buried, if he went to WWE I would want him to be the face of the company, but at the same time I doubt it would happen.

The chance is there for him to really get the exposure he deserves, but there is a chance (possibly an even bigger one) that WWE will screw up with him.

On 8/24/2013 at 1:45 AM, TheHitman said:

AJ's 36 years old bro. Although he's really only a 30 year old by WWE's standard considering his bump card is significantly lighter considering the amount of money he's made for the amount of dates he's worked in TNA. The chance he gets buried in WWE is 99% tbh, the guy is Mr. TNA. Forget the fact that he'll need developmental for a few months to a year, Triple H is the king of the shovel. If he has a chance to bury the franchise player of the number two promotion in the world, he'll do it. There's a huge possibility that if he leaves TNA now, he may burn his bridges and not be invited back. They've offered and given him everything he wants, him leaving could tarnish the TNA brand as a whole if he was buried in WWE. Let's not forget that he's also lined up for a TNA World Title run.

On 8/24/2013 at 2:26 AM, TheHitman said:

Don't know if I've mentioned this before, but AJ has had heat with Punk for years now. Not to mention Bryan was notably not very happy with AJ choosing TNA over ROH when he did. The chances he makes it to the top are slim to none. AJ's a family man and he's said in the past he wants to retire at the age of 38/39. Working a full time WWE schedule just isn't possible for him unless WWE is willing to make him the highest paid incomer of all time. Triple H just earlier this week said that he wants every incoming talent to go through WWE PC and NXT. I don't think AJ's situation would be any different. There's simply no way AJ could succeed in any company unless he was a top guy consistently being given freedom to have great matches. He's said it in the past himself. It simply can't happen.

Hey SK and Hitman, I had to go through 217 pages, but do you guys remember these gems?

AJ-Styles-NEW-WWE-World-Champion.jpg

• Upvote 2

You know what the real bitch is? 

I have Class Tuesday from 5:30 To 8 so I haven't seen any of these good smackdown episodes :'(

All I've seen and heard sounds &^@#ing great; Usos are finally being used properly, Cena has been pushed to the backburner; AJ has the title.

Considering the amount of talent WWE is amassing, I think they are due for another boom in popularity...something big needs to change in the back though; 

Personally, I think NXT's former head writer Ryan Ward - Who is now on Smackdown, is the key catalyst to alot of Smackdown's success, because NXT hasn't been that great since he left, and Smackdown has shown great improvement since the split.

6 hours ago, shiznak said:

Hey SK and Hitman, I had to go through 217 pages, but do you guys remember these gems?

AJ-Styles-NEW-WWE-World-Champion.jpg

Happy for the guy since I've been a fan of his for most of his career, but we all know becoming World Champion in WWE and staying relevant in the main event picture after losing the World Championship are two very different things. (ex. Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, The Miz, etc.) On another note, Talking Smack is great television as a few talents have shined, but Corbin and Carmella have been terrible during their appearances on the show. 

Edited by TheHitman

5 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Happy for the guy since I've been a fan of his for most of his career, but we all know becoming World Champion in WWE and staying relevant in the main event picture after losing the World Championship are two very different things. (ex. Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, The Miz, etc.) On another note, Talking Smack is great television as a few talents have shined, but Corbin and Carmella have been terrible during their appearances on the show. 

corbin, i just don't care for the guy. his **** is the only thing on smackdown i'll fast forward through. there are far too many guys on the active roster who have that "i don't care" attitude and that's boring. i don't like boring-- it angers me. that's why i don't watch raw. i'll watch the ppvs and the pre show alone will get me caught up with raw for the month and then video packages for the women and main event will fill in the blanks through the show. boom #lifehacks

talking smack is great though.  love it when renee and ambrose are on screen together-- it's like she can't help herself xD

8 hours ago, TheHitman said:

In order to stay relevant in the main event scene, you need to draw and I never really saw both Miz and Ziggler as World Heavyweight Champion material or big draws. In some cities, they barely got any reactions from the crowd. Daniel had to vacant his World title, due to injuries and they weren't just going to insert him into a match with a stiff worker, in Lesnar (who was champion). Punk just held the World title for more than a year, then went into a program with The Undertaker and Lesnar, two of the biggest drawers in the business. If that isn't staying relevant to you, then I don't know what is.

On a side note, Jericho vs. Owens vs. Zayn for the title needs to happen at Survivor Series.

57 minutes ago, shiznak said:

On a side note, Jericho vs. Owens vs. Zayn for the title needs to happen at Survivor Series.

I agree.

Besides AJ, these three have been killing harder than anyone in the WWE this year. They deserve a match like that.