The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Although tonight is TNA Bound For Glory (aptly named lol), chances are the company will live on but under the ownership of Billy will look to move on without pay-per-view as a source of revenue. Rumours circling that he's asked for a return on his share of the ownership. 

Bound for Glory was quite good. Maybe a smidgen worse than Slammiversary was in June.

Most of the matches hit the points they should have. X Division match was good. Main Event was intense. Matt Hardy's Great War was.... well, it was what you'd think it would be (awesome). The only thing I expected something from that left me a bit disappointed was the Moose vs. Bennett match. It was just kind of there.

Happy the show and this series of tapings is funded. Don't know how they're managing it though. It's impressive how they refuse to die, lol. I do wish Dixie would just sell the company to Billy though.

On 02/10/2016 at 10:56 AM, TheHitman said:

Although tonight is TNA Bound For Glory (aptly named lol), chances are the company will live on but under the ownership of Billy will look to move on without pay-per-view as a source of revenue. Rumours circling that he's asked for a return on his share of the ownership. 

I do hope they're not removing PPVs as a format, though. Even if they're only doing 2 a year now (outside of their ONO ones), it's how you culminate a storyline in wrestling.

Every half reputable promoter and their mother uses PPVs for their shows. Televised or purely independent. I mean no one should be doing 19 a year like the WWE is, but you have to have at least a few.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/43832/BREAKING-NEWS-Alberto-El-PatronDel-Rio-Stabbed-GRAPHIC-PHOTOS/

Del Rio stabbed

BREAKING NEWS: Alberto El Patron(Del Rio) Stabbed *GRAPHIC PHOTOS INSIDE*

Posted By: Jonathan Escudero on Oct 03, 2016
Source: Alberto El Patron

Former WWE Superstar Alberto Rodriguez (aka Alberto El Patron fka Alberto Del Rio) no-showed an AAA event in Mexico last night and the reason has now been revealed. Rodriguez's representation posted the following on Instagram along with graphic photos:

"Mr. Rodriguez ("Alberto El Patron") shortly after eating a meal before his flight was assaulted by a criminal with a knife outside the restaurant. Mr. Rodriguez suffered multiple lacerations on his arm and other parts of his body defending against thecriminal as Police were called by witnesses. Mr. Rodriguez received medical attention and went back to the Police Department and was unable to make his flight. Mr. Rodriguez has spoken with the ownership of Lucha Libre AAA World Wide and given them documentation of the incident. Mr. Rodriguez greatly regrets not being there yesterday for his fans in Mexico and promises to everyone he will make this up as soon as possible. Despite the graphic lacerations Mr. Rodriguez will not miss any of his shows for the remainder of the year and is ready to compete this weekend in the UK."

20 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Anyone catch Charlotte do a corkscrew flip to Sasha.

That was insane.

Meh Raw.

charlotte is as athletic as they come. RAW did a HORRIBLE job promoting that match as the main event. i didn't know it was the main event until midway through the show

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I have a feeling Ziggler loses at No Mercy.

Everything I know about wrestling says he won't. But my gut feeling is saying he will lose.

If he does, you think it will be the wrestling "retired" or actually retired. How many times have people been fired and came back the next night or the next week. Happened at least twice with Cena. I'm unsure of the history of Career matches that keep wrestlers retired in WWE.

5 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Everything I know about wrestling says he won't. But my gut feeling is saying he will lose.

If he does, you think it will be the wrestling "retired" or actually retired. How many times have people been fired and came back the next night or the next week. Happened at least twice with Cena. I'm unsure of the history of Career matches that keep wrestlers retired in WWE.

Could just be He gets retired from Smackdown and heads to Raw. 

10 hours ago, Madness said:

They might if the sale goes through. Maybe also release some matches on the network ? Same as Angle, Joe.

if wwe gets tna's video library, all of it's going on the network. featuring matches from a younger aj styles, cm punk, samoa joe, bobby roode and the team canada stuff, which i loved back in the day, ron the truth killings (r- truth), kurt angle and joe feud(!) the gail kim/awesome kong/kharma fued. tna does have some gems in that library that wwe would be crazy to not want on the network. also the wrestlers featured in these matches will mostly get royalty payments should they air, so hay-- these guys might actually be paid LOL

11 hours ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

Maybe then they can actually mention AJ Styles' accomplishments with TNA

they already name dropped tna a few times on talking smack then the austin podcast with aj styles :3 i think daniel bryan even mentioned tna with styles on the panel and styles completely no sold it

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

On 2016-10-03 at 0:24 PM, g_bassi13 said:

I do hope they're not removing PPVs as a format, though. Even if they're only doing 2 a year now (outside of their ONO ones), it's how you culminate a storyline in wrestling.

Every half reputable promoter and their mother uses PPVs for their shows. Televised or purely independent. I mean no one should be doing 19 a year like the WWE is, but you have to have at least a few.

The plan is to have larger shows shot for TV sort've like SNME used to be. First one is coming up in December I think. 

Edited by TheHitman