The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

14 hours ago, Madness said:

Looks like we're going to see the New Day vs the Shield at Survivor Series. 

I feel like the Shield should have more worthy opponents... but I guess New Day will add some "lolz" to the match. 

It's a travesty that KO and Sami had to lose their matches... will they not be at Survivor Series at all? They are true main eventers. 

I'd love to see a match 

Y2J KO EDGE vs The Shield 

11 hours ago, apollo said:

I feel like the Shield should have more worthy opponents... but I guess New Day will add some "lolz" to the match. 

It's a travesty that KO and Sami had to lose their matches... will they not be at Survivor Series at all? They are true main eventers. 

I'd love to see a match 

Y2J KO EDGE vs The Shield 

New Day is better than the Shield though...

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

Apparently, Lesnar (who has creative control on who he faces) wasn't to thrilled at the idea of facing Jinder at SS. 

Thus, the title change. 

Not sure how I feel about this. Jinder deserves a big match as he's been working really hard in his role and has done about as well as he could've. AJ is undoubtedly a bigger star though and is healthy atm. Brock vs Jinder doesn't really have a proper finish, unless he was unhappy he was slated to lose. Brock's literally the laziest guy on the roster, shouldn't have any creative control.

Owens & Zayn have been sent home from the European Tour due to detrimental conduct (not sure if this is a work)

ORIGINAL: According to PWinsider, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn were sent home from the Smackdown side of the ongoing WWE European tour following last night's WWE Smackdown tapings. There is no specific reason given for why they were sent home (the site notes unspecified varying reports), but multiple sources within WWE have confirmed the pair was sent back to the United States today.

UPDATE: Sports Illustrated has a couple of new details on Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens being sent home from the European tour. According to the outlet, Owens and Zayn were sent home for disciplinary reasons for “conduct deemed detrimental” to the company. Specifically, they were sent home due to “going into business for themselves” on Tuesday’s episode of Smackdown. SI also says that Vince McMahon approved the decision to send the two home. Owens and Zayn appeared in the opening segment of Smackdown and traded barbs with Shane McMahon before Zayn was booked in a match with Kofi Kingston, which Kingston won.

UPDATE 2: Pro Wrestling Sheet has new details on why Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens were sent home from the tour. The situation relates specifically to after the Zayn vs. Kofi Kingston match, when Owens attacked Kingston after the latter won the match.

According to the site, Owens and Zayn were supposed to feed for New Day during that post-match segment — i.e., get fended off by New Day in order to get a pop for the babyfaces. Instead, Owens and Zayn quickly bailed out from the ring. The outlet notes that New Day was left waiting and the segment seemed to end awkwardly, with the sound crew not playing anyone’s music due to the two going “off-script.”

PWS reports that according to several sources, Owens and Zayn have been slightly hard to work wtih and seem unhappy. Both were close with fired writer Jimmy Jacobs, as well as Neville who reportedly gone after walking out of the company.

--------------------------------

As much as I love the two, if this is all true and not a work, then that what Zayn & Owens did was pretty unprofessional and chose the wrong way to do business.

Edited by Mikey2Dope
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Owens & Zayn have been sent home from the European Tour due to detrimental conduct (not sure if this is a work)

ORIGINAL: According to PWinsider, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn were sent home from the Smackdown side of the ongoing WWE European tour following last night's WWE Smackdown tapings. There is no specific reason given for why they were sent home (the site notes unspecified varying reports), but multiple sources within WWE have confirmed the pair was sent back to the United States today.

UPDATE: Sports Illustrated has a couple of new details on Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens being sent home from the European tour. According to the outlet, Owens and Zayn were sent home for disciplinary reasons for “conduct deemed detrimental” to the company. Specifically, they were sent home due to “going into business for themselves” on Tuesday’s episode of Smackdown. SI also says that Vince McMahon approved the decision to send the two home. Owens and Zayn appeared in the opening segment of Smackdown and traded barbs with Shane McMahon before Zayn was booked in a match with Kofi Kingston, which Kingston won.

UPDATE 2: Pro Wrestling Sheet has new details on why Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens were sent home from the tour. The situation relates specifically to after the Zayn vs. Kofi Kingston match, when Owens attacked Kingston after the latter won the match.

According to the site, Owens and Zayn were supposed to feed for New Day during that post-match segment — i.e., get fended off by New Day in order to get a pop for the babyfaces. Instead, Owens and Zayn quickly bailed out from the ring. The outlet notes that New Day was left waiting and the segment seemed to end awkwardly, with the sound crew not playing anyone’s music due to the two going “off-script.”

PWS reports that according to several sources, Owens and Zayn have been slightly hard to work wtih and seem unhappy. Both were close with fired writer Jimmy Jacobs, as well as Neville who reportedly gone after walking out of the company.

--------------------------------

As much as I love the two, if this is all true and not a work, then that what Zayn & Owens did was pretty unprofessional and chose the wrong way to do business.

Hmmm, well to be fair it doesn't make sense that two good Canadian kids could lose out to a 3 some of punks. 

CANADA > USA.

Also pretty lame to see Jinder lose the title like that... if anything he should have lost it on a PPV. Like to Randy in the Punjabi Prison Match.

How can AJ styles who is tiny beat Jinder? Randy would make more sense.

Also Brcok vs AJ now... come on... in real life that fight would last 5 seconds. 

3 hours ago, apollo said:

Hmmm, well to be fair it doesn't make sense that two good Canadian kids could lose out to a 3 some of punks. 

CANADA > USA.

Also pretty lame to see Jinder lose the title like that... if anything he should have lost it on a PPV. Like to Randy in the Punjabi Prison Match.

How can AJ styles who is tiny beat Jinder? Randy would make more sense.

Also Brcok vs AJ now... come on... in real life that fight would last 5 seconds. 

I'm wanting KO/Sami leading to formation of another all Canadian stable like Hart Foundation.

WWE only took the title off Jinder because of Lesnar match. Jinder wins it back soon, most likely in India.

Randy lost to Jinder at 2 straight PPV's but won their last match (non-title) on SDL.

It's so lame how WWE is doing these title changes to change Survivor Series matches. Nattie is probably dropping the women's title to Charlotte next week on SDL, setting up Charlotte vs Bliss at SS.

Brock isn't losing until WM when Roman wins the title.

• Like 1

On November 7, 2017 at 10:49 PM, TheHitman said:

New Day is better than the Shield though...

Not sure how I feel about this. Jinder deserves a big match as he's been working really hard in his role and has done about as well as he could've. AJ is undoubtedly a bigger star though and is healthy atm. Brock vs Jinder doesn't really have a proper finish, unless he was unhappy he was slated to lose. Brock's literally the laziest guy on the roster, shouldn't have any creative control.

Does he really deserve a big match, though?

His title reign has been a complete dud, even worst than Owens' Universal title reign and the fact that this PPV is considered one of the big 4s. Lesnar vs. Jinder doesn't exactly scream a big draw to any wrestling fans, casual and hardcore. 

This is is all about making money. No one is going to buy a PPV or want to see Lesnar vs. Jinder as the co-main event. 

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

Does he really deserve a big match, though?

His title reign has been a complete dud, even worst than Owens' Universal title reign and the fact that this PPV is considered one of the big 4s. Lesnar vs. Jinder doesn't exactly scream a big draw to any wrestling fans, casual and hardcore. 

This is is all about making money. No one is going to buy a PPV or want to see Lesnar vs. Jinder as the co-main event. 

Sold out houses in India and he's done his job as a heel. Not his fault they've booked babyfaces into corners against him. If anything, work rate or efforts of the talent don't mean anything in WWE. Their entire business is stringent upon their ability to move into new markets now, they could fire and replace the entire roster with no real change if they wanted to.

1 hour ago, TheHitman said:

Sold out houses in India and he's done his job as a heel. Not his fault they've booked babyfaces into corners against him. If anything, work rate or efforts of the talent don't mean anything in WWE. Their entire business is stringent upon their ability to move into new markets now, they could fire and replace the entire roster with no real change if they wanted to.

From what I've read, he's not a big deal in India and people couldn't careless of his champion reign.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2017/10/09/jinder-mahal/#526b0f083889

WWE declined to provide country-specific financial data, but we can still lean on the company's SEC filings to get an idea of how it's been performing overseas. They unfortunately don't provide a definitive answer, but a look at WWE Network subscribership and WWEShop revenue indicates that Mahal's run has yet to cause any sort of spike in WWE's international business performance. Yet the company is still performing tremendously well in Asia, suggesting that there's little reason to expect WWE to change tack now.

Perhaps the best indicator of fan interest is WWE Network subscriptions; if Mahal is a must-watch star in India, then you would expect a surge in subscribers once he entered the title picture. Yet the number of international WWE Network subscribers increased from 408,800 to 410,100 over the first three months of Mahal's title reign, good for just a 0.3% increase. It's of course possible that the Indian wrestling market is already quite saturated, but Mahal's rise to WWE champion clearly hasn't sparked any significant new wave of network subscribers in India or elsewhere.

The WWEShop also became available in India right at the start of the company's second fiscal quarter, so if it resulted in a sudden surge of income then that should be noticeable in the numbers. Total WWEShop revenues were $8.4 million that quarter, just a 6% increase over the previous three months. And though that's the highest three-month total WWEShop has ever recorded among the first three quarters - merchandise revenues are typically higher at the end of the year, presumably thanks to holiday shopping - it also marks the WWEShop's slowest year-over-year revenue increase (12% from Q2 2016) since 2013. So probably no flood of Indian money there, either.

It seems pretty clear, then, that Mahal isn't exactly changing the game as WWE champ. But, as a WWE spokesperson noted to Forbes, WWE's plans for India are much more longterm in nature: "India is WWE’s top market in the world for TV consumption, #1 for Facebook followers and #2 for YouTube viewership, so it’s logical to believe that as the middle class grows and mobile usage explodes, so will the monetization of our brand."

Edited by shiznak

jinder mahal is one of their many failures of growing that "international" market. great khali 2.0 and that's not even that much of an upgrade. remember yoshi tatsu? exactly

like, really, just put the bollywood boys into the tag team spotlight. those guys actually have a tonne of charisma. they could easily be that real underdog team could that not only that india market could rally behind but that NA audience as well

instead of the marketing team sitting around and is like "well, vince likes this jacked up, roided freak, so how do we make this work? pair him with two much more entertaining guys. what could go wrong?"

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

22 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

jinder mahal is one of their many failures of growing that "international" market. great khali 2.0 and that's not even that much of an upgrade. remember yoshi tatsu? exactly

like, really, just put the bollywood boys into the tag team spotlight. those guys actually have a tonne of charisma. they could easily be that real underdog team could that not only that india market could rally behind but that NA audience as well

instead of the marketing team sitting around and is like "well, vince likes this jacked up, roided freak, so how do we make this work? pair him with two much more entertaining guys. what could go wrong?"

Also, if they wanted to expand into the India market, it would have made sense to turn Jinder face and have this "underdog" story attach to him. Make him work his way to the main event scene. Pushing him into it was just f**king retarded.

4 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Also, if they wanted to expand into the India market, it would have made sense to turn Jinder face and have this "underdog" story attach to him. Make him work his way to the main event scene. Pushing him into it was just f**king retarded.

thats why im scared once they tour india. they just put the belt on styles to have a more "star powered" survivor series match, ok sure, but only to put the belt back on jinder next month

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

thats why im scared once they tour india. they just put the belt on styles to have a more "star powered" survivor series match, ok sure, but only to put the belt back on jinder next month

Hot potato is never good, but i'll be okay with it, if Styles wins the Rumble.

Just now, shiznak said:

Hot potato is never good, but i'll be okay with it, if Styles wins the Rumble.

styles or nakamura wins the rumble and one of the two gets the title at fastlane or elimination chamber? whatever brand hosts the february event. it's mostly i do not want to see jinder defending the title after watching 22 hours of wrestlemania

5 hours ago, Madness said:

It's likely going to be Cena vs Mahal at WrestleMania for the WWE title. 

Maybe or maybe not. This was Metlzer prediction, but he’s been wrong numerous times.

Last year’s WM we were suppose to get Taker vs. Cena and Shane vs. Lesnar, but those never happened.

On 2017-11-10 at 1:06 AM, shiznak said:

From what I've read, he's not a big deal in India and people couldn't careless of his champion reign.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2017/10/09/jinder-mahal/#526b0f083889

Interesting, from what I was reading Jinder was drawing well in North America and India, moreso than other WWE champions without John Cena on the card. I don't understand the India play at all though, it's not like they're going to tour over there more than they do now. I wonder why they don't bring TV here, house shows outdraw most Smackdown tapings and quite a few Raw tapings.