The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

21 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

I hadn't watched WWE since like July, but I did watch Hell in a Cell. I thought it was a pretty good PPV, and that main event was very well played.

Layered storytelling with shades of grey and what not. Something the WWE doesn't typically ever manage. But they did this once.

Still have zero plans to tune into Raw, but I kind of have to watch Smackdown this week now.

I agree, HIAC was a pretty good PPV. Although, Sami's heel turn could have been executed better by having him come in earlier in the match and pleading Owens not to jump off the cage on Shane, but then later encouraging Shane to jump onto Owens (maybe even helping him), before surprisingly pulling Owens off. 

I don't know, anything would be better than having him awkwardly at ring side. There was even a slight botch by Owens in the that spot, where you could clearly see Owens reaching out at Sami's hand before Sami even made a move to grab him. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2017 at 11:18 PM, fivethej said:

HIAC PPV was pretty uneventful with exception of Sami Zayn turning heel and helping KO.

Up next is The Shield reuniting tomorrow with the site of Raw being the same city The Shield both debuted and split up.

Really glad Sami and KO are buddy's again. Let the two good Canadian kids stick together and dominate those Americans. 

On 10/9/2017 at 6:54 PM, TheHitman said:

Well the Shield just destroyed Braun for no apparent reason. This is why WWE business is down.

I would say the reason is because Braun has attacked all 3 of them with cheap shots at some point or another? It does make some sense

... more sense than Jordan being Angles son :wacko:

Edited by apollo

Neville is gone from WWE. He's been requesting his release for awhile now. Neville was suppose to challenge Enzo on Raw for Crusierweight Title but he wasn't there, so Kallisto was put into spot and only reason he won the title was to honor Eddie Guerrero's 50th birthday. Enzo is getting the title back as he's the face of the division.

One thing Neville was unhappy over is the Crusierweight Title Match vs Austin Aries at WM pre-show being left off WM DVD, which means they didn't get any royalties. 

Neville plans to leave, reinvent himself and return to WWE at some point like Drew McIntyre.

10 hours ago, apollo said:

Really glad Sami and KO are buddy's again. Let the two good Canadian kids stick together and dominate those Americans.

Turn KO/Sami into all Canadian stable. WWE has plenty of canadian wrestlers. Have Nattie join too with Tyson Kidd returning in some role since he can't wrestle anymore.

Pretty lame how they took away the title from Enzo. That guy is such lolz. Super annoying but I always get a chuckle out of the outrageous stuff he says. 

Also, really not happy Braun is joining forces with the Miz. Perhaps this run will finally make me like Braun. I'd love to see Braun dressed up like the Miztourage :lol:

On 10/16/2017 at 9:25 AM, apollo said:

Pretty lame how they took away the title from Enzo. That guy is such lolz. Super annoying but I always get a chuckle out of the outrageous stuff he says. 

Also, really not happy Braun is joining forces with the Miz. Perhaps this run will finally make me like Braun. I'd love to see Braun dressed up like the Miztourage :lol:

Don't worry Enzo is getting the CW title back. He's the face of division. Only reason Kallisto won is because it was Eddie's 50th b-day.

With it set up being 5 on 3 at TLC someone else is gonna show up to help The Shield and I think it's gonna be Samoa Joe. Rumor is Joe's return feud is gonna be with either Balor or Strowman. I don't see Balor/Bray feud ending yet, so that leaves the door open for Joe/Strowman to feud. They have a beef from SummerSlam 4 way when Braun interfered in Roman vs Joe on Raw.

10 hours ago, fivethej said:

Don't worry Enzo is getting the CW title back. He's the face of division. Only reason Kallisto won is because it was Eddie's 50th b-day.

With it set up being 5 on 3 at TLC someone else is gonna show up to help The Shield and I think it's gonna be Samoa Joe. Rumor is Joe's return feud is gonna be with either Balor or Strowman. I don't see Balor/Bray feud ending yet, so that leaves the door open for Joe/Strowman to feud. They have a beef from SummerSlam 4 way when Braun interfered in Roman vs Joe on Raw.

Is Kallisto also related to Eddie?

Kane returning is only short term.

More wrestlers are wanting to leave WWE. Many are thinking about it and asking Cody for advice. WWE is denying Nia has quit but looks to have taken leave of absence. It was originally suppose to be be Sasha vs Nia at TLC. 

2 hours ago, apollo said:

Is Kallisto also related to Eddie?

No.

Edited by fivethej

2 minutes ago, fivethej said:

Kane returning is only short term.

More wrestlers are wanting to leave WWE. Many are thinking about it and asking Cody for advice. WWE is denying Nia has quit but looks to have taken leave of absence. It was originally suppose to be be Sasha vs Nia at TLC. 

No.

Honestly, I hate to say it but Nia really doesn't fit in. First of all, it makes 0 sense for her not to win every single match due to her size... second of all, it's becoming a joke to see her lose the same way, over an over again. 

I'm contemplating cancelling my WWE network subscription now that the NHL is back on. There's just too much programming and I don't have time for that + hockey. Will keep watching Raw and SD though.

6 hours ago, apollo said:

Honestly, I hate to say it but Nia really doesn't fit in. First of all, it makes 0 sense for her not to win every single match due to her size... second of all, it's becoming a joke to see her lose the same way, over an over again. 

I'm contemplating cancelling my WWE network subscription now that the NHL is back on. There's just too much programming and I don't have time for that + hockey. Will keep watching Raw and SD though.

I've been contemplating that for awhile now. I mainly keep it around for the WWE PPV's (mainly Wrestlemania & the Rumble) & NXT, but the product has been awful lately (Raw mostly) and I find that watching PPV's has been more of a chore lately than usual. Plus, with Mania rumored to be Reigns vs Lesnar & Mahal vs Cena, that card is already sounding awful.

There's other ways around watching the product and and at this point I would rather take the money I am spending and buy an NJPW subscription.

But man oh man, heel Zayn is awesome and watching him and Owens together has been a treat. I just love that Smackdown is 2 hours. It feels like a breeze watching that as opposed to the 3 hour Raw.

• Upvote 1