The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

17 hours ago, shiznak said:

Triple H is an old school wrestler. His matches are more about storytelling, and being methodical than hitting big moves after big moves. 

Yeah, apparently Triple H finally got the approve from Vince to do a War Game match in WWE, albeit in NXT. 

Meh, outside of the HIAC spotfest with Undertaker I can't really say many of Triple H's matches were that memorable. The fact that he even has to wrestle at his age just shows how far WWE has fallen in terms of creating stars and selling tickets. It's sad that most people in wrestling are just waiting until Triple H takes over the company altogether. 

6 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Meh, outside of the HIAC spotfest with Undertaker I can't really say many of Triple H's matches were that memorable. The fact that he even has to wrestle at his age just shows how far WWE has fallen in terms of creating stars and selling tickets. It's sad that most people in wrestling are just waiting until Triple H takes over the company altogether. 

His match with Ambrose at Roadblock was great. 

- Both Evolution vs. The Shield matches

- Triple H vs. Bryan

- Edge vs. Hardy vs. Triple H 

- Triple H vs. Michaels

- Triple H vs. Shelton Benjamin

Those matches are the ones that stood out, and I have even mentions the ones against Austin, The Rock, and Mankind/Mick Foley.

11 hours ago, shiznak said:

His match with Ambrose at Roadblock was great. 

- Both Evolution vs. The Shield matches

- Triple H vs. Bryan

- Edge vs. Hardy vs. Triple H 

- Triple H vs. Michaels

- Triple H vs. Shelton Benjamin

Those matches are the ones that stood out, and I have even mentions the ones against Austin, The Rock, and Mankind/Mick Foley.

The only HHH-Michaels match I liked was three stages of hell. I'd argue he didn't really wrestle old school style in most of the matches you mentioned. As a wrestler I wasn't a huge fan of his, but I'm really looking forward to the day his vision takes over the company. NXT really reminds me of the good days of WCW.

Looks like CanuckPro wrestling was a complete scam.  Multiple reports saying they never booked the talent or the venues. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

If you bought a ticket to the @CanuckPro December 9th show you can exchange it with us for a free ticket to the December 9th ECCW show at the RCC in Vancouver. Full details on Monday!

Well it's a disappointment to announce, but as far as I know the Canuck Pro Wrestling shows will NOT be happening. For promoters out there I am now available October 21st, 27th, 28th And December 16th. I am sorry to announce this, but these things happen and there's a lot of promoters out there that don't know what they're doing. I was really looking forward to the match vs. Cheeseburger, I think it was going to be a fun match for the fans.
For promoters looking to contact me they can do so by inboxing me on twitter or email kamalacrayon@hotmail.com

47 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

Looks like CanuckPro wrestling was a complete scam.  Multiple reports saying they never booked the talent or the venues. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

If you bought a ticket to the @CanuckPro December 9th show you can exchange it with us for a free ticket to the December 9th ECCW show at the RCC in Vancouver. Full details on Monday!

Well it's a disappointment to announce, but as far as I know the Canuck Pro Wrestling shows will NOT be happening. For promoters out there I am now available October 21st, 27th, 28th And December 16th. I am sorry to announce this, but these things happen and there's a lot of promoters out there that don't know what they're doing. I was really looking forward to the match vs. Cheeseburger, I think it was going to be a fun match for the fans.
For promoters looking to contact me they can do so by inboxing me on twitter or email kamalacrayon@hotmail.com

Had a feeling that the card was too good to be true. What a letdown.

1 hour ago, TheHitman said:

Well the Shield just destroyed Braun for no apparent reason. This is why WWE business is down.

Yeah, that annoyed me. Nonsensical booking to get a cheap pop for the table spot.

However, that wasn't even the worst thing from tonight. The Bray/Sister Abagail stuff was soooooooo bad. Unintentionally hilarious.

5 hours ago, awalk said:

Thought HIAC was mostly a flop.

Jinder... sigh... 

I was okay with the PPV. The New Day/Usos match was amazing and a candidate for match of the year. Shane/Owens was too long and slow in some spots, but it was decent for the most part. Roode/Ziggs had so much potential but I think Ziggs is phoning it in now.

But yeah, the Jinder stuff is just now infuriating. The guy just isn't a good wrestler, his matches are all the same and he has zero charisma. He should be waking up every morning saying "Thank god WWE is venturing into India". Truth be told Nakamura hasn't looked very motivated and didn't look good either, but can you blame him for having to job to Jinder.

15 minutes ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Yeah, that annoyed me. Nonsensical booking to get a cheap pop for the table spot.

However, that wasn't even the worst thing from tonight. The Bray/Sister Abagail stuff was soooooooo bad. Unintentionally hilarious.

I think after that segment Booker said, "that was funny"

1 hour ago, Mikey2Dope said:

I was okay with the PPV. The New Day/Usos match was amazing and a candidate for match of the year. Shane/Owens was too long and slow in some spots, but it was decent for the most part. Roode/Ziggs had so much potential but I think Ziggs is phoning it in now.

But yeah, the Jinder stuff is just now infuriating. The guy just isn't a good wrestler, his matches are all the same and he has zero charisma. He should be waking up every morning saying "Thank god WWE is venturing into India". Truth be told Nakamura hasn't looked very motivated and didn't look good either, but can you blame him for having to job to Jinder.

Nakamura looked really deflated throughout the match don't you think?  Totally unmotivated.  I wonder if he's frustrated with the way he's being booked.  I felt Summerslam, with the pop he got going out, was 100% the time to give him the belt.  Would have been huge.  We could be enjoying Nakamura v Owens right now ... instead got Nakamura v Mahal and Owens / McMahon :/  

Samoa Joe rumored return feud is said to be with either Strowman or Balor (only if he isn't Lesnar's opponent at Survivor Series which is the rumor). He returns at TLC attacking Braun evening odds since it's The Shield vs Miz, Cesaro/Sheamus and Strowman in 4 on 3 handi-cap, plus you can add in Axe/Dallas who will get involved.

3 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Well the Shield just destroyed Braun for no apparent reason. This is why WWE business is down.

All 3 members of The Shield have history with Strowman. Rollins/Ambrose both had matches with him in last 2 weeks. Roman has been feuding with Braun last 2 yrs and really since he debuted when Roman/Ambrose were feuding with Wyatts trying to find 3rd partner when Rollins was heel.

I hadn't watched WWE since like July, but I did watch Hell in a Cell. I thought it was a pretty good PPV, and that main event was very well played.

Layered storytelling with shades of grey and what not. Something the WWE doesn't typically ever manage. But they did this once.

Still have zero plans to tune into Raw, but I kind of have to watch Smackdown this week now.

2 hours ago, awalk said:

Nakamura looked really deflated throughout the match don't you think?  Totally unmotivated.  I wonder if he's frustrated with the way he's being booked.  I felt Summerslam, with the pop he got going out, was 100% the time to give him the belt.  Would have been huge.  We could be enjoying Nakamura v Owens right now ... instead got Nakamura v Mahal and Owens / McMahon :/  

No surprise from Nakamura, he gave so-so performances most of his last few years in NJPW. Occasionally he has great matches but his consistency and motivation has always been an issue. He’s certainly not on the level of the top tier wrestlers in the world currently.

On 10/8/2017 at 2:28 PM, TheHitman said:

Had a feeling that the card was too good to be true. What a letdown.

Was looking forward to the show on the 8th as it is my Bday.  Was holding off buying tickets as the response from Canuck Pro regarding questions was lacking. Looks like they finally took down the link to buy tickets, it was still active a couple days ago. Even now, nothing from Canuck Pro regarding the current situation.  Hopefully everyone will get refunds.