The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

If you are talking about relative corsi (which is the category Grabovski lead, with Macarthur 3rd, Kesler 4th and Raymond 5th) - the thing about relative corsi is that you are comparing a given player to their team-mates. So your attempt to maintain that corsi stats lack credibility because a couple of Leafs rank highly is apparently lacking the realization that relatively solid two way Leafs enjoy the advantage of being compared to the rest of the Leafs hahaha - In the case of Grabovski (who is actually an exceptional two-way player, the best the Leafs have), he stands out at +21.3 compared to his fairly weak team-mates, including the likes of Phaneuf and Kessel, who some highlight reel fans think are "stars", but in the real world were minus relative corsi players - even on the Toronto Maple Leafs.

If that's the case, then why were there also 2 Vancouver Canucks in the top 5? President's Trophy winners. Was the Canuck bus driven that heavily by Kesler & Raymond in 2010-11?

And BTW, Stamkos was one guy mentioned as a minus relative corsi player. Would he be considered a "star"? Maybe Toronto is assembling a team of corsi stars, rather than guys who can score...how's that been working out for them?

:bigblush:

In before the argument that Phaneuf can't play on the right side... Sigh...

Zoolander couldn't turn left. When he did, he saved the world and Vietnamese underwear sweatshops.

Where there's a will there's a way!

A Vancouver defense with Phaneuf is a better team then a Vancouver defense without Phaneuf.

You really should check out some advanced stats, and try to understand them, cause the corsi and QOC corsi are a much better indicator than +/-.

BTW, does anyone know a good site for advanced stats? The one I found the other day was pretty cumbersome.

Regarding the Leafs - you whiffed entirely. There is no such thing as assembling a team of relative corsi stars - it is relative (to their team-mates) King. That one could use some rethinking. Makes you wonder how their stars wound up on the negative side...(ahem, Phaneuf and Kessel) ahem, they aren't particularly strong two way players ... :bigblush:

Interesting analogy you choose - Phaneuf and Zoolander. :)

Is that meant to make your proposal to acquire Phaneuf more convincing?

BTW - Zoolander also opened a school -

"The Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too".

I may not be the brightest guy on the webs, but I ain't enrollin' in that school as a solooshun.

Besides, the Nucks already have Bieksa, Garrison - university edumacated blueliners.

Posted Yesterday, 04:12 PM

Exactly, because they go against your "Opinion" you choose to ignore them.Sounds familiar, I pointed this out to you before.

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

Wait a second!

You can Ignore Brodeur's playoff performance, but we must NEVER forget Paajarvi's rookie season?

Dafuq

True, however he's only had 2 games since 2011 and he wasn't exactly remarkable. He wasn't in meltdown territory but definitely not as good as Cory was.

It's hard to say if Luongo's bad days are behind him, I'm inclined to think they aren't. When we lost in 2009 I could swear such a thing would never happen again the way it did (I was still a big Luongo fan). Then it happened again in 2010 and I thought the high of winning the Olympics and the extra games may have affected him (still a fan). Then again in 2011 against Chicago I was like "what the hell", no Byfuglien, no Versteeg, no Ladd, no Eager, no really good supporting cast and we still very nearly blew a 3-0 series lead to an 8th seed. Then of course there was Boston and after the first two games especially, I really thought he had conquered his demons, then as we all know things went rather sideways after that (disgruntled, not a big fan). I am aware that we scored very few goals and it's not Luongo's job to do that, but there is no really good excuse as to why he gave up so many. Those kind of scores were uncommon in the Finals in the 80s.

Then there was last year, we didn't score enough, Luongo was fairly ordinary for playoff games, and Cory took his job and gave the team a good chance to win (big Schneider fan, Luongo not so much, too many disappointments).

Archived