3002 replies to this topic

#2071 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,545 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Has Schneider left for Switzerland yet...

What would happen if he injures himself..type groin injury..then what ....do we still trade Lou or what....

He's already played a couple of games. Considering we can't make trades until the lockout ends, and Schneider won't continue to play once it has, we'll certainly have all the information before we decide on whether or not to accept any trades.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#2072 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

Luongo is on the trade block, so, through reasonable deduction, the job belongs to the other goalie, thus, Schneider. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it might be safe to say its a freaking duck. I'll rephrase my statement to satisfy your annal view. Its APPEARANT, that management has chosen Schneider over Lou, because, they are obviously trying to trade Lou, with nary a rumour about a Schneider trade. Now, stick your pen where the sun don;t shine.

Waste of time. You don't get it. It is not about whether Luongo or Schneider being traded. It's about you spreading falsified facts; no one in management has stated specifically (go on record) that the Canucks have decided to go with Schneider over Luongo. You're not going to prove anything in this world by using the duck analogy. Science would be dead by now. FACTS smurf47. FACTS. Not common deduction, no analogy, no side steps. FACTS. You cannot prove it, you cannot discuss it.

#2073 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,543 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

Waste of time. You don't get it. It is not about whether Luongo or Schneider being traded. It's about you spreading falsified facts; no one in management has stated specifically (go on record) that the Canucks have decided to go with Schneider over Luongo. You're not going to prove anything in this world by using the duck analogy. Science would be dead by now. FACTS smurf47. FACTS. Not common deduction, no analogy, no side steps. FACTS. You cannot prove it, you cannot discuss it.

Guess you ignored King's post on the last page.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#2074 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

But they have. Mike Gillis has spoken pretty openly about it on the radio. And a quick Google search found the below article, which offers a bit of confirmation.

Gillis did acknowledge that before the lockout he talked with several teams about trading the 33-year-old goaltender. Luongo lost his first-string status during the playoffs to Cory Schneider, who has since signed a three-year contract with the Canucks.

http://www.torontosu...one-mike-gillis

Now: "Gillis did acknowledge that before the lockout he talked with several teams about trading the 33-year-old goaltender."

Though this says Luongo is being shopped, it is not a direct quote from management. It is a report from a media source. Good enough to expose Luongo being shopped, not good enough to claim management has chosen Luongo over Schneider. It is not a direct quote stating the latter.

"Luongo lost his first-string status during the playoffs to Cory Schneider, who has since signed a three-year contract with the Canucks." This is an association by juxtaposition. It has nothing to do with Luongo being shopped, it also has nothing with management being quoted as saying they officially chose Schneider over Luongo.

Such a quote would look in the vicinity of: "Gillis also said Schneider is their man" like he has claimed Kassian is "his guy". There are no such statement in this article and what is written is mostly speculation with 2nd sources on the report that Luongo has been shopped prior to the deadline, as well as having as many as five teams involved.

It doesn't mean Schneider has not been discussed, it does not mean they've chosen Schneider over Luongo. It means Luongo has been shopped and involving as many as five teams.

Factual evidence is rare, even in the media. I hope you don't take this too personally King of ES, it is not meant to attack you in any way. I just cannot stand repetitive falsified evidence from one particular poster.

That particular poster has also not provided evidence for his claim.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 05 December 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#2075 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

What's the alternative? Hold out for a superstar that will never be offered?

In what direction do you think Luongo's value would go as a trade piece if he's atrophying away on our bench?

If there's a season,

Hold out till trade deadline.....I suspect more than the above mentioned could be aquired in a trade for Lu when they are on hhe outside looking in again for a playoff spot......assuming the leafs are the only suitors.

I agree Lu on hhe bench longterm doesn't make sense, but I don't think he'll be atrophying. Gillis will showcase him ala coho till trade deadline due to the condensed schedule....the only gamble is a slow start by Lu.

Edited by riffraff, 05 December 2012 - 12:21 PM.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#2076 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Guess you ignored King's post on the last page.

No. iPhone posting. I read posts backwards so that I know where they come from. It saves time.

#2077 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

If there's a season,

Hold out till trade deadline.....I suspect more than the above mentioned could be aquired in a trade for Lu when they are on hhe outside looking in again for a playoff spot......assuming the leafs are the only suitors.

This is a sound course of action. 16 teams will make it, 10 teams will believe they still have a chance, four will have died out by then.

#2078 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,158 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Does the coach count as team management? Because he made three pretty specific statements in the playoffs. Perhaps you missed them?

Posted Image 

Edited by D-Money, 05 December 2012 - 12:52 PM.

Posted Image

#2079 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,158 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

POPULAR

Lu used to be the man. We used to hitch our Stanley Cup hopes on him.

But sometimes you have to let go, and embrace a new hope...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2080 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

^^^^^^
LMAO

#2081 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Lu used to be the man. We used to hitch our Stanley Cup hopes on him.

But sometimes you have to let go, and embrace a new hope...

Posted Image

Disgusting, disrespectful and ill wishing.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 05 December 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#2082 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Anger, fear, aggression... the dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Posted Image

#2083 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,158 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is...

...Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.

Edited by D-Money, 05 December 2012 - 02:59 PM.

Posted Image

#2084 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is...

...Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.

I'm glad Disney bought the Star Wars franchise and will produce another three.

#2085 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,158 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'm glad Disney bought the Star Wars franchise and will produce another three.

Posted Image 
Posted Image

#2086 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

This forum is about Luongo, rumours and trades. Everyone has an opinion and none of us know more than we read or understand. Few here agree with yoiur point of view and time will tell whose opinion pans out. You are entitled to your opinion but I believe we, as a group , are closer to the truth than your denials. Its a FACT Lou is being shopped and you sir are pissing into the wind !!

#2087 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

FWIW came across a rumor that Toronto's latest package offer is:

Bozak, Kadri, Holzer, Komarov and a conditional pick (not 1st rounder; based on playoffs)

For

Luongo, Raymond, Rai and a 3rd Rounder

Hmm...

#2088 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,543 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Bozak, Kadri, Holzer, Komarov and a conditional pick (not 1st rounder; based on playoffs)

For

Hmm...

Where did you find this?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#2089 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Holzer, Kamarov both drafted in 06', I'd be surprised if they're still Leafs property. Raymond being moved is interesting, and I can only assume Rai is a contract dump. The core of the deal is the same as what we've heard.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#2090 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

For

Don't love the idea of trading Raymond. This is again an example of selling low. Raymond's not bad.

#2091 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,365 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

You're clearly not seeing the risk in even that taking place. Consider the outcomes:

-Luongo clearly outplays Schneider. That makes it pretty difficult for us to trade Luongo, then, does it not?
-Schneider clearly outplays Luongo. This obviously has a further negative effect on demand for Luongo.

The only outcome that would be ideal would be a 50/50 split (roughly) in playing time, and practically equal stats. That's possible, but not likely. In addition, I would suspect that in doing this, you've pissed off both goaltenders, because both will be under unbelievably heavy pressure to perform (Schneider to assert himself as #1, Luongo to assert that he's also still a #1). Bad situation all-around.

Actually I think it makes it easier, it rases his value a bit.

As-long as Schneids doesn't turn into and ECHL Goaltender, we are trading/should trade Lu pretty much no matter what IMO.

For

Hmm...

Much more interesting than just Bozak + Kadri, I don't know much about Komarov, but Holzer then the pick (Hopefully 2nd round, or 3rd) would be much nicer than just Bozak and Kadri for Lu, even with the additional parts we add.

The base of the deal is pretty much the same however.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 05 December 2012 - 06:53 PM.

zackass.png

#2092 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

This forum is about Luongo, rumours and trades. Everyone has an opinion and none of us know more than we read or understand. Few here agree with yoiur point of view and time will tell whose opinion pans out. You are entitled to your opinion but I believe we, as a group , are closer to the truth than your denials. Its a FACT Lou is being shopped and you sir are pissing into the wind !!

I am certainly not in competition with the "we, as a group" (see what I did there?) of this site and I'm pretty sure not every poster of this site want to be associated with you. Now this is my opinion as I cannot prove it. (See what I did there?)

There is no game, no stakes, no prize for the "winner". Luongo is the most likely to be traded. What I cannot stand from you is acting as the all powerful voice of reason, nay the voice of God on the matter of goaltending. Reverting to insults is not going to get you anywhere.

(This is where you insert: "if you had forty years of goaltending experience, you wouldn't argue with me".)

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 05 December 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#2093 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I am certainly not in competition with the "we" of this site as you call it an I'm pretty sure not "all posters" want to be associated with you. Now this is my opinion as i cannot prove it. aee what I did there?

There is no game, no stakes, no prize for the "winner". Luongo is the most likely to be traded. What I cannot stand from you is acting as the all powerful voice of reason, nay the voice of God on the matter of goaltending. Reverting to insults is not going to get you anywhere.

(This is where you insert: "if you had forty years of goaltending experience, you wouldn't argue with me".)

It doesn;t take 40 years but its takes a lot more than you have son.

#2094 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

It doesn;t take 40 years but its takes a lot more than you have son.

And... did that get you somewhere?

I find solace that, in time, your condescending ways will eventually catch up with you. So long smurf47. You've have been exposed.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 05 December 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#2095 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

I find solace that, in time, your condescending ways will eventually catch up with you. So long smurf47. You've have been exposed.

says the pot to the kettle !!

#2096 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

For

Hmm...

So adding to the original Kadri and Bozak deal, the Canucks are giving Raymond, Rai and a 3rd for Holzner and Komarov.
No thanks... This trade is getting worst by the rumor.

#2097 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

man are a bunch of you gonna be Pi$$'d when Cory is traded....................

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#2098 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,543 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

We really don't need to go through what Canucks_Hockey_101 started again.

#2099 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

predicting your next post.. "i have the details of the cory schneider trade, but first you must answer me these questions three!!"

#2100 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,794 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

I'm watching the Heat vs Rampage game right now and I'll tell you if the Canucks could get Shore and Petrovic along with a player like Matthias or Gov as well they should jump on that like fat kid on a smartie.

These kids are both players.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.