34 replies to this topic

#1 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Im not sure how to get him but i would trade a lot for him.

Maybe gaunce, booth, edler and a first to the team who wins the lottery?

What would u propose to get him?
Posted Image

#2 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

Omfg. Why would we trade half of our contending team for a player that will help us in the future.
Posted Image

#3 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Or we could keep half the team we'd give away and make our pick in a deep draft.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#4 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

We are not getting MacKinnon....

firstly because the team who drafts him/wins the lottery will not trade him, and secondly we would have to gut our team like you have just done in the OP to get him.
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#5 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,524 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Ryan Kesler, Jordan Schroeder, Nicklas Jensen, Alex Edler, Alex Burrows, and Dan Hamhuis to start the negotiations at the very least.

Posted Image

#6 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,374 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Or win the lottery.

Might be easier.

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#7 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Question: if there is no season, how do the determine who drafts where???
Posted Image

#8 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,918 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

30 team lottery.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#9 Red-Haired_Shanks

Red-Haired_Shanks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

draft lottery.
NHL! WHY YOU LOCKOUT!

#10 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

rock paper scissors tourney

Posted Image

#11 Mase_Raymond_21

Mase_Raymond_21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Ok, first the kid is only 17, 2nd is that well.... WHY!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#12 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

How about we just wait for the lottery and make sure we get a 1st in the Luongo trade. Bonus points to anyone who can come up with incriminating pictures of Bettman so that we get MacKinnon and Jones. :emot-parrot:

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#13 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Why?
Posted Image

#14 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

Or win the lottery.

Might be easier.

True enough. So that being said, let's turn this thing around: assuming the Canucks actually won the lottery (as small as that chance will be), what would it take for you to trade the #1 pick away?

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#15 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,918 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

True enough. So that being said, let's turn this thing around: assuming the Canucks actually won the lottery (as small as that chance will be), what would it take for you to trade the #1 pick away?

regards,
G.

Interesting. MacKinnon is a once in a generation prospect so it would take a severe overpayment for me to move the top pick.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#16 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

Ryan Kesler, Jordan Schroeder, Nicklas Jensen, Alex Edler, Alex Burrows, and Dan Hamhuis to start the negotiations at the very least.

In other words the team that gets the pick wont trade it.
Posted Image

#17 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Ok, first the kid is only 17, 2nd is that well.... WHY!!!!!!!

Why?

ok, i know this is highly unlikely but im saying would u take the risk? trading gaunce, booth, edler and a first for mackinnon. who is unproven but has been compared to sidney crosby. im pretty sure a lot of people on here would trade gaunce, booth, edler and a first for crosby. pit wouldnt tho bcaus he is proven and a superstar. mackinnon isnt yet. im just saying what would u propose to get him, if hes the next sidney crosby then i would give up a lot and maybe take that risk

Edited by Alex Burrows 14, 08 October 2012 - 11:43 AM.

Posted Image

#18 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,317 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

No thanks.

307mg00.jpg

#19 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

ok, i know this is highly unlikely but im saying would u take the risk? trading gaunce, booth, edler and a first for mackinnon. who is unproven but has been compared to sidney crosby. im pretty sure a lot of people on here would trade gaunce, booth, edler and a first for crosby. pit wouldnt tho bcaus he is proven and a superstar. mackinnon isnt yet. im just saying what would u propose to get him, if hes the next sidney crosby then i would give up a lot and maybe take that risk

We would have to completely decimate our team to land Mackinnon.
The team that is going to be fortunate to land him (or Jones for that matter) is going to keep them, barring some grotesque overpayment.
Remember Lindros? Unproven, but still got traded for players that turned into the core of a perennial cup contender. It would take something close to that to land that 1st pick.

Edited by Jagermeister, 08 October 2012 - 12:04 PM.

Posted Image

#20 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

regards,
G.

id keep him and see what hes got. if hes as good as they say he is then he might be the best player in the world in a few years.

#21 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Let's just hope we win the lottery.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#22 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

regards,one of the
G.

Well seeing as it would take half of our team to acquire it, I'd assume about half another teams core. Basically, too much for any team to realistically afford. That being said, a team that is in a fire sale mode could do it. Like a San Jose or Calgary who need to rebuild because they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#23 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

I honestly don't see the point in trading all our players away for a 1st overall pick, for a player that might make an impact in the NHL. There has been several times where the first overall was a complete bust. Not worth it.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#24 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,341 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

Alexandre Daigle, Rick DiPietro, Patrik Stefan and other failed 1st overall picks are more than enough evidence to say no to that. There were even plenty of 1st overalls that went on to have good NHL careers (like Chris Phillips and Ed Jovanoski) that are not worth nearly as much as what you suggest we give up.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#25 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Interesting. MacKinnon is a once in a generation prospect so it would take a severe overpayment for me to move the top pick.

id keep him and see what hes got. if hes as good as they say he is then he might be the best player in the world in a few years.

Well seeing as it would take half of our team to acquire it, I'd assume about half another teams core. Basically, too much for any team to realistically afford. That being said, a team that is in a fire sale mode could do it. Like a San Jose or Calgary who need to rebuild because they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

The other end of this is, assuming the Canucks did get this #1 pick, could they afford the cap hit of the type of players who would be coming back from the other team?

I'd assume the return would be at least one top-3 type forward, a top-2 d-man, additional roster players, and a first round pick or two. Not sure the Canucks cap could absorb the contracts, so I would assume the same would be true of most other contending teams.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#26 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

Here's a list of teams that will have the best shot at winning the lottery (no to Edmonton b/c they are stacked with 1st overall picks):

1. Toronto Maple Leafs
2. Winnipeg Jets
3. Columbus Blue Jackets
4. New York Islanders
5. Minnesota Wild

Now, being a Jets fan and season ticket holder, if we won the lottery and were offered Gaunce, Booth, Edler and a terrible first round draft pick for the Nathan Mackinnon, I would be embarressed that such an awful proposal existed.

It would take massive overpayment. Personally, I would want Kesler, Burrows plus some scraps in order to make it happen. Again, massive overpayment.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#27 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

Omfg. Why would we trade half of our contending team for a player that will help us in the future.

Its two players who could possibly be replaced, kassian, connauton. POSSIBLY! Not saying fr sure but its possible. And fr mackinnon who COULD be the next sidney crosby. Maybe. It would be a huge risk and its almost guaranteed that its not gunna happen. But wat would u trade fr him? I would trade gaunce,booth,edler,edler,luongo and a first if its a team that needs a goalie.
Posted Image

#28 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,918 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

Its two players who could possibly be replaced, kassian, connauton. POSSIBLY! Not saying fr sure but its possible. And fr mackinnon who COULD be the next sidney crosby. Maybe. It would be a huge risk and its almost guaranteed that its not gunna happen. But wat would u trade fr him? I would trade gaunce,booth,edler,edler,luongo and a first if its a team that needs a goalie.

So we cloned Edler and traded him along with his counter-part along with a top six forward, a blue chip prospect, a top six forward AND an elite goalie for a 17 year old? Yea no.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 11 October 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#29 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,384 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

regards,
                                           G.

It would obviously depend on the team making the offer. I would consider making the deal for a young established topline player plus that teams top pick next year. I would also maybe try and get them to take on Luongo or Ballards cap hit or an affordable top 4 dman with a good contract.For example if Edmonton was interested I'd want Eberle, Schultz and their fist for Luongo and MacKinnon. Would be a crazy trade to do within our divison but I'd pull the trigger.
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

#30 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

So we cloned Edler and traded him along with his counter-part along with a top six forward, a blue chip prospect, a top six forward AND an elite goalie for a 17 year old? Yea no.

sry typo. and where do u get two top six frwrds?

i meant edler,luongo,booth,gaunce,a first. u can add another first too. not that it would make a huge difference.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.