The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why are we looking past David Booth?

Strombone1

To get Kesler to have some chemistry with his linemates, I'm suggesting that mirrors be fastened to the linemate's helmets, then maybe kesler will pass the puck (to himself) before performing one of his world class sprawling superman dives.

• 10 months later...

Because he's gonna be out until at least the playoffs with that screw in his ankle and failed rehab. Too busy shooting bears and goats and blabbering about Jesus to have time to recover into a, y'know, hockey player. Isn't that the answer ya want, necrobumping sphincterspasm?

We're looking past him since he's been plagued by injuries constantly. Whether or not it's "his fault" is besides the point. He has a history, and we'd be stupid to bank on him remaining healthy. I think he could still be a decent player for us, but we need a plan B. Assuming he's going to be our 20-30 goal scoring 2nd line winger just hasn't cut it the last 2 seasons when he's been injured. We need alternatives.

He's just been unlucky health wise. Upside is, given all this time off, his concussion issue is likely a thing of the past, those take real time to heal and slight hits compound the issue... Since he hasn't taken any head shots in 3 years since the injury this is a good thing, no he just needs some luck otherwise.

I think he can be a very valuable player given our lack of size and hands (combined). He is a big body, can skate, plays the boards well and has hands (you don't score 30 without them)...

I think he adds a great deal of depth on the third line and offsets schredder's size issues and therefore makes our TEAM better. We are a better team with Schredder than without him but his size limits where he can play. If you take that issue away by placing him with players who offset that issue, well we have better depth. I think Booth adds that

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Jensen Kesler Burrows

Booth Schredder Hansen

Weiss Richardson Higgins

Decent line up

He's just been unlucky health wise. Upside is, given all this time off, his concussion issue is likely a thing of the past, those take real time to heal and slight hits compound the issue... Since he hasn't taken any head shots in 3 years since the injury this is a good thing, no he just needs some luck otherwise.

I think he can be a very valuable player given our lack of size and hands (combined). He is a big body, can skate, plays the boards well and has hands (you don't score 30 without them)...

I think he adds a great deal of depth on the third line and offsets schredder's size issues and therefore makes our TEAM better. We are a better team with Schredder than without him but his size limits where he can play. If you take that issue away by placing him with players who offset that issue, well we have better depth. I think Booth adds that

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Jensen Kesler Burrows

Booth Schredder Hansen

Weiss Richardson Higgins

Decent line up

Looking past him because:

• he's played an average of only 48 games per season his entire NHL career.

• in his 3 best seasons (where he managed to stay healthy) he averaged 25 goals and 46 points.

• had only one 30 goal season his whole career.

• he's been a plus player only 3 times his whole career.

He's 28 years old and going into another season injured. We have no idea how many games he'll play this year and in my view there's no reason to think that this is the year he magically puts all that speed and power together to finally make a contribution to this team.

If he can stay healthy and get his game back however, it would be a huge boost for our team depth wise.

Looking past him because:

• he's played an average of only 48 games per season his entire NHL career.

• in his 3 best seasons (where he managed to stay healthy) he averaged 25 goals and 46 points.

• had only one 30 goal season his whole career.

• he's been a plus player only 3 times his whole career.

He's 28 years old and going into another season injured. We have no idea how many games he'll play this year and in my view there's no reason to think that this is the year he magically puts all that speed and power together to finally make a contribution to this team.

If he can stay healthy and get his game back however, it would be a huge boost for our team depth wise.

I really think that David has the potential to do well, and I think that (despite what he said) Honey Badger Hansen could be someone who could really complement his style. Despite his preference to not have to focus so much on scoring, I think that his speed and strength could really allow him to set up another speedy guy like Booth very well.

Just by making plays like this to a fine finisher who goes to the net like Booth, Honey Badger could do very well for himself off the rush (not my videos, don't know why the audio for the first one is like that)

From this video it's pretty obvious that David likes to shoot almost right away after getting to the outside of the crease, and that he's VERY trigger-happy

Well, Jannik is one of the few guys on the team with the speed and skill to not only keep up with David but can also make the plays that Boother capitalizes on (for the ones where he's standing on front of the net maybe it can be the Sedins working behind and feathering him passes to snipe or bang in?)

Twins - Burr

Booth - Kesler - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Kass

Top 9, lookin' fine B)

Everyone is looking past David Booth because he gets injured before he even plays a pre-season game for the Nucks, never mind the regular season games. Whats good about a player that doesn't even play much? Rather have cap space for the deadline or sign someone who can contribute.

Archived