2255 replies to this topic

#361 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,437 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

Who kills him in the books? Dale or Rick?

Carl
Posted Image
Posted Image

#362 Canuckerbird

Canuckerbird

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

The wait for Walking Dead and Game of Thrones would be so much easier if we had some ???? Canucks hockey to watch.
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana. I said "No. But I do want a normal banana later, so...ya."- The Late Mitch Hedberg

Go Canucks GO

#363 thedestroyerofworlds

thedestroyerofworlds

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

The wait for Walking Dead and Game of Thrones would be so much easier if we had some ???? Canucks hockey to watch.

+1

It's all fun and games, until the governor loses an eye. Feb can't come soon enough

#364 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

The show and the books are crazy split up right now. In the comic, Andrea is with the group the whole time, she never switched sides really. Daryl doesn't exist at all, and he's actually in the position that Andrea is suppose to be in with the whole right hand man type of deal. This could mean Andrea kicks the bucket eventually, but also means Daryl might go too.

The thing with Daryl is, he's not in the books, but for the most part, he's the most popular character on the show. So you'd figure they'd let him live. I really hope Glenn doesn't die, but in the books, the war with that town doesn't end well, so unless they go way away form the comics, there's probably going to be a couple that kick the bucket.

I agree with the trailer though, they showed Daryl alive and not in that area, so they obviously didn't kill him off right at the start. Interested to see if the govenor told his brother in advanced he'd be throwing him under the bus so he could go with Daryl back to the prison and try to stab everyone in the back.

#365 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,305 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

I was thinking the same thing....what the heck.

Damn cliffhangers. After I watch Dexter tonight that show will be on a break too.

Breaking Bad's still on their break.....I hate these breaks.

Dexter has episodes on Dec 9 and 16 - with Dec 16 being the *actual* season finale. (not this 'mid-season' finale crap)

Edited by Squeak, 03 December 2012 - 01:32 PM.

Posted Image

#366 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,268 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

I agree with the trailer though, they showed Daryl alive and not in that area, so they obviously didn't kill him off right at the start. Interested to see if the govenor told his brother in advanced he'd be throwing him under the bus so he could go with Daryl back to the prison and try to stab everyone in the back.

Damnit! Shutting off the preview right after it came on was a waste now!
I hate reading things in here, my fault though!

Edited by PlayStation, 03 December 2012 - 08:46 PM.

Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#367 jigsaw99

jigsaw99

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

I like this new token black guy.

#368 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

Posted Image

#369 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Merle - "What's your name again?"

Garjulio - "Garjulio"

Merle- "... Im still gonna call you neil"

LOL

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#370 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

"So you're not a lesbian?"

The thing I kind of like about the show is that the opposing sides are not composed of thousands upon thousands of people. Even the loss of one person can affect the balance of power.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#371 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

That would be fine if ANY of the characters were likeable! I'm finding it a hard time with the super cheesy acting. Seriously what character is likeable?? Rick? Nope. Daryl? Yawn. Carl? Lame. I guess Glenn's okay. Maggie and her dad are annoying as hell. Pretty much leaves the Governer and Merle. They are actually watchable.

Agreed. I really like the show, but I feel like I hate all of the characters and wouldn't really care if any of them died.
Posted Image

#372 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

I dont think that he actually looked like Shane, it was all in Rick's head. Once Rick shot him and approached the guy, he realized that it wasn't Shane.

Wasn't all that impressed with this episode. I kept waiting for something major to happen... something that I wasn't expecting already. If Daryl was killed off, that would have been a good way to shake things up. I dont think many people would have seen that coming. The promo for the next episode pretty much gives us the answer for Daryl's situation.

Ya I kind of figured that Rick was losing it a bit. I'm not sure how many people noticed this flaw in the show but before the mid-season finale they finished the episode at night with Ricks group about to infiltrate the town. The mid season finale started in the daytime with Tyrese's group reaching the prison. Then going back to Ricks group at night again. I know this isn't real life and people make mistakes but I just laughed when I caught this hiccup. Anybody else noticed this?
This city deserves a championship. This is the best era in Canucks history, keep bleeding blue n green always!
Win it for Ripper, Luc and Demo.

#373 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Ya I kind of figured that Rick was losing it a bit. I'm not sure how many people noticed this flaw in the show but before the mid-season finale they finished the episode at night with Ricks group about to infiltrate the town. The mid season finale started in the daytime with Tyrese's group reaching the prison. Then going back to Ricks group at night again. I know this isn't real life and people make mistakes but I just laughed when I caught this hiccup. Anybody else noticed this?

Maybe the Tyreese stuff happened during the day, when Rick and the others were still walking to Woodbury, and the beginning of the mid-season finale happened chronologically before the end of the previous episode. Then it switched back to the present with Rick's group about to invade, and the scenes with Tyreese's group in the prison when Carl saves them, are at night.

Edited by Where's Wellwood, 05 December 2012 - 01:52 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#374 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,305 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

Maybe the Tyreese stuff happened during the day, when Rick and the others were still walking to Woodbury, and the beginning of the mid-season finale happened chronologically before the end of the previous episode.

That would make sense - seeing as it was day-light when Tyreese and the others entered the prison.

While Rick and group arrived at woodbury at night; and it is still nighttime when Daryl/Merle are in the 'ring'
Posted Image

#375 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,006 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Agreed. I really like the show, but I feel like I hate all of the characters and wouldn't really care if any of them died.

I would be sad if Judith died.
Posted Image

#376 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,348 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

That would make sense - seeing as it was day-light when Tyreese and the others entered the prison.

While Rick and group arrived at woodbury at night; and it is still nighttime when Daryl/Merle are in the 'ring'

when they are in the ring, it's the next day.

#377 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,348 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

I would be sad if Judith died.

that would be traumatic

#378 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,305 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

when they are in the ring, it's the next day.

hmmm... you are probably right.
Posted Image

#379 Canuck_83

Canuck_83

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Maybe the Tyreese stuff happened during the day, when Rick and the others were still walking to Woodbury, and the beginning of the mid-season finale happened chronologically before the end of the previous episode. Then it switched back to the present with Rick's group about to invade, and the scenes with Tyreese's group in the prison when Carl saves them, are at night.

Yeah, that's what I think, too.

#380 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Yeah, that's what I think, too.

Well we needed something to talk about the show today. How about the next two months? :(
This city deserves a championship. This is the best era in Canucks history, keep bleeding blue n green always!
Win it for Ripper, Luc and Demo.

#381 Canuck_83

Canuck_83

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Well we needed something to talk about the show today. How about the next two months? :(

Yeah, it's gonna be such a long wait. :(

I'm a little worried about Daryl
Spoiler
He's my fave character (along with Glenn) so I really hope they can get out alive.

#382 CCF4E

CCF4E

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, it's gonna be such a long wait. :(

I'm a little worried about Daryl

Spoiler
He's my fave character (along with Glenn) so I really hope they can get out alive.

Spoiler

Posted Image

Ehrhoff isn't from europe....

#383 Canuck_83

Canuck_83

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Spoiler

Oh, cool. I didn't even notice that. LOL

#384 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,077 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

CUTTY WISE???? (For those of you that watched The Wire).

Was a decent season "half" finale. Still just can't stand Michonne and her friggin ugly mug and tough girl look.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#385 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,504 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

What a sweet cover pic of the Dixon bros!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#386 Canuck_83

Canuck_83

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

What a sweet cover pic of the Dixon bros!

Posted Image

Whoa. I want that mag!

#387 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,504 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

AMC is going to air past episodes of TWD on Thursdays in black and white!

IMO that is going to make it even scarier. Black and white horror movies are always way freakier than colour. Just something very creepy about them

http://www.hollywood...hursdays-402640
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#388 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

The Walking Dead is renewed for season 4 BUT current showrunner Glen Mazzara(who replaced Frank Darabont as showrunner halfway into season 2) is leaving. On to showrunner number 3.

http://www.tv.com/ne...-mazzara-30308/
Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#389 Cpt.Clutch

Cpt.Clutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

What I think is going to happen with Daryl and Merle - Merle is not really being accused by the governor, he's setting up Daryl to trust Merle to take Merle back to their group in the prison where Merle will be the inside man to their supplies as previously discussed between Merle and the Gov.

I only started watching this show 4 weeks ago, but I'm all caught up through netflix and the internet for season3. This show is addicting.

#390 dbam09

dbam09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

What I think is going to happen with Daryl and Merle - Merle is not really being accused by the governor, he's setting up Daryl to trust Merle to take Merle back to their group in the prison where Merle will be the inside man to their supplies as previously discussed between Merle and the Gov.

I only started watching this show 4 weeks ago, but I'm all caught up through netflix and the internet for season3. This show is addicting.

That was my original thinking as well, but a friend pointed out to me to that Merle lied to the Governor about Michone being dead, which ultimately led to her return and her attack on him and killing of his daughter. I think he's so filled with rage that he's borderline crazy, so who knows how he truely feels towards Merle. In his mind he could very well see Merle as a traitor and a spy... It should be interesting to see what unfolds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.