The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Checking In On Justin Schultz

Like DeNiro said Hodgson is a year older and has played a whole year in the NHL.

I thought it was already known that Hodgson is going to get more points than Kassian. Kassian, however, brings a different element to the team. How many fights has Hodgson been in? How many hits has Hodgson thrown? And as of right now Hodgson has 1 goal while Kassian has 3.

Don't be a female dog.

Like DeNiro said Hodgson is a year older and has played a whole year in the NHL.

I thought it was already known that Hodgson is going to get more points than Kassian. Kassian, however, brings a different element to the team. How many fights has Hodgson been in? How many hits has Hodgson thrown? And as of right now Hodgson has 1 goal while Kassian has 3.

Don't be a female dog.

One goal. kay. 9 pts > 4 pts. 2.25 points more per game.

I find it hard to keep track of Hodgson. He moves so fast up the ice it's more of a blur.....

He also is really hard to push off the puck~

Let's face it. Cody will be a decent player in the NHL but with his lack of speed & size, he's not going to be anything more than decent. Kassian on the other hand can be a way more serviceable player in the bigs (just my opinion)

Back on track. Good for Justin, I'm sure he'll turn out to be a really good NHL'er. He's dominating the AHL and that's a good sign. Edmonton's got a gem. Although when the NHL gets started again I look forward to the Sedins making him look silly.

Cody is evidently the better player anyway.

I absolutely get it. Hodgson is better than a player not even a year younger than he is. Also consider Cody has played a whopping 13 more professional games than Zack. That whole age argument sure fails when you recognize how many young players in the league are better than their older counterparts. Comparing age and coming to the conclusion one isn't as good as the other because he's 11 months younger is pretty weak

As an outsider to the situation, I think it's unfair to compare Kassian to Hodgson. That was a need over want trade. The reality of the situation is that Hodgson is likely going to put up more points and always have the higher value. However, Kassian brings a lot as a 2nd/3rd line player. He's won medals at the WJC and a memorial cup. He knows what it takes to win. As someone that spent a lot of time watching the Spitfires in Hall's draft year, I can honestly tell you that there were MANY playoff games where Kassian was the beat player on a team that had Hall, Henrique, Fowler, Ellis, Nemisz and Wellwood.

...and also keep in mind that the Hodgson that the Sabres are going to get is probably than the one the Canucks would have gotten because for whatever reason he just wasn't a fit in Vancouver. He needed a change of scenery.

...and while we're talking about players that aren't Schultz. Yakupov has 8 goals in 10 KHL games.

lots of misguided thoughts here....

a power forward is not going to be an assist machine. (ie. will not generate points, but should get more goals)

a set-up center is not going to be a goal-scorer drive-to-the-net run you over type of player (ie. will not generate tons of goals, but should get more assists)

what part of that is not understood? seriously, what kind of fans are we? Both players seem to be doing what is expected of them (Kassian with more goals, Hodgson with more assists). And what is it with judgement based on limited data? how many games have been played in the AHL?

you guys really are suffering from the lockout, I am with you! but come on, chill a bit over the rapid judgements and panic or whatever you want to call it.

Archived