The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1994 vs. 2011

#17forlife

Legends Against Future Legends  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought we could use a little fun given how everyone is feeling about the lockout.

Let's just say that hypothectically we could make this happen. If the 1994 cup final Canucks team played against the 2011 cup final Canucks team, who would win and why?

Yes I understand that the rules and style of play were completely different for the two eras, so please don't over analyze this.

bure would light up luongo and the rest of the 1994 team would have beated the 2011 team into submission ala boston.

linden would out work/out heart the sedins - i am being 100 honest here

linden/bure ill take any day over the sedins

mclean was on a magical run that year too.

There`s so many other factors to consider, but if I had to say it, I would say the 2011 team.

Here`s why:

Half our team wouldn`t have been injured against the 94 team because they weren`t a bunch of goons.

Sure the 94 team had heart and grit, but the 2011 team had way more skill. They ran into a much tougher team with a goaltender who was on fire. I don`t think the 94 team was as tough or as good in goal as the Bruins, and the 2011 team took them to game 7.

It's hard to to compare from different era's but I have to say 1994.

Even though we were the under dogs back then, I gotta say we were much closer to achieving our goal then we were a year ago because our team was more passionate and played the game with heart (Ex: Linden, Bure others.) And also we didn't get blown out whenever we lost.

I'll take the 94 team with the referring from 94 as well against the Buins. Game 6 against the Rangers has to be one of the most physicals games played. If that game were played today there would be non stop penalties from start to finish. Quinn playing 4 lines, Brown dropping bombs from the point. Miracle man Adams, so many different players chipping in.

Unfortunately I was too young to remember the '94 Canucks, but looking at the stats I'd say the 2011 Canucks. The playoffs were similar, but in 2011 we dominated the regular season to a level not seen in a while. The 1994 Canucks had a rather mediocre regular season.

So, the because the playoffs seem rather equal in the final result, I'd go to a tie-breaker: the regular season. The 2011 Canucks were quite strong in the regular season so that's why my vote goes to them.

Archived