I was mostly referring to the series against Chicago and our inability to finish teams off quickly in the playoffs. You do raise some good points though.
Oh okay, well yeah Chicago then it's not injuries cause we were healthy at that point aside from Manny.
Pretty much just inconsistentcy, Luongo wasn't great but I don't think he was quite as bad as he was in Boston, I think it is fair to blame our defense almost as much or maybe just as much as Luongo.In game 4:-
A minute in Hamhuis pinched up, then its a one on one Bieksa v Bickel, Bieksa was caught looking at the puck instead of taking the man, Bickel danced around him and Luongo was no help. I think the you could give alot of the blame to Luongo on that goal, but Bieksa certaintly has to take some blame too. Less than 2 mins in. 1-0 Hawks.
- It's 1-1 halfway through the 2nd we make a late change, Kane gains the line, cuts to the middle, Campbell is the man who joins the play he gets the puck in the solt, fires a good shot by Luongo. Campbell should have been covered by the winger coming back, Luongo might have a chance but it was a bad change & a subpar backcheck that left someone open who shouldn't have been. 2-1 Hawks
- The next shift, Edler loses a battle to Frolik, Daniel loses Keith, doesn't cover him like he should have, 3 forwards are caught in La-La land and Keith blasts one by Luongo, no chance for Lu IMO, that one is on the skaters. 3-1 Hawks.
- A bit later, Glass throws the puck away, Edler is caught puck watching and Bolland fires a nice shot by Luongo, maybe he could have got it, but I fault this one more on the skaters too. 4-1 Hawks, and the game is pretty much over.Game 5:
- early in the game, Hossa is alowed to walk right down the middle with little to no pressure, everyone is caught puck watching, Hossa in a great spot fires a beauty by Luongo, No chance for Luongo on that one, 1-0 Hawks less than 5 mins in.
- The very next shift, they get the puck back to the point and Kieth lets a shot go that I don't think any goalie in the league can stop. I don't know who to blame, maybe we could have been a little more intense on getting the puck. But idk how Luongo can be faulted, a screen infront and a nearly perfect shot. Back to back goals and it's 2-0 Hawks.
- Later on in the 1st: Again Idk who to blame, Keith gets a one-timer off on the PP that is another laser beam, there was a screen infront and I don't think Lu saw it. Maybe someone could have tried to move Toews infront, other than that, Idk who to blame. 3-0 Hawks.
- A little later on in the period Sharp get's a breakaway and Lu makes a big save. 3-0 at the end of the 1st.
- Early in the 2nd Hossa isn't covered, he gets a breakaway and let's a shot go that Lu had no chance on. 4-0 Hawks. Game over.
So as I have illustrated, While Lu didn't help matter's, I don't think is play was nearly as bad as the Boston games, and not as bad as people think.
Here are the highlights so you can make your own judgements on the goals if you think mine aren't accurate.Game 4:
Edited by Smashian Kassian, 13 November 2012 - 12:25 AM.