Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Jesus, Conservative or liberal?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Poll: Jesus, Political leanings (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Is Jesus Conservative or Liberal

1. Conservative (3 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. Liberal (39 votes [92.86%])

Percentage of vote: 92.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,484 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

The answer is: c) neither.

John 18:36 - New International Version (NIV)
Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

Jesus shunned politics, and remained neutral to worldly conflicts.

John 6:15 - New International Version (NIV)
Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself.

He encouraged his followers to do the same.

John 17:16 - New International Version (NIV)
They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.
Posted Image

#122 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

The answer is: c) neither.

John 18:36 - New International Version (NIV)
Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

Jesus shunned politics, and remained neutral to worldly conflicts.

John 6:15 - New International Version (NIV)
Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself.

He encouraged his followers to do the same.

John 17:16 - New International Version (NIV)
They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.

Man this supports the whole theory about "The Holy Trinity does not love the Earth"? .. we are but a playground for their farcical games .. :sadno:

Edited by Tearloch7, 14 November 2012 - 05:45 PM.

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#123 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,685 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Posted Image

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#124 Dral

Dral

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

I always figured Jesus was a communist

#125 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image
"These are the things to keep in mind. These are not just academic exercises. We're not analyzing the media on Mars or in the eighteenth century or something like that. We're dealing with real human beings who are suffering and dying and being tortured and starving because of policies that we are involved in, we as citizens of democratic societies are directly involved in and are responsible for, and what the media are doing is ensuring that we do not act on our responsibilities, and that the interests of power are served, not the needs of the suffering people, and not even the needs of the American people who would be horrified if they realized the blood that's dripping from their hands because of the way they are allowing themselves to be deluded and manipulated by the system."
Noam Chomsky

Jesus didn’t say yes to everyone. I mean Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it is not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia
Tony Abbott......Current Australian PM

#126 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,685 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

Posted Image

Yes it was, that's the day of my birth. ;)

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#127 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,417 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

Given that he kicked moneychangers out of the church, and said that his temple should be a house of prayer. He must be some commie threat!

After all didn't he have long hair?

But I'll take Zealot's style over Gangnam style anyday.

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 15 November 2012 - 09:03 AM.

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#128 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,484 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Man this supports the whole theory about "The Holy Trinity does not love the Earth"? .. we are but a playground for their farcical games .. :sadno:

Nope - not at all.

The bible talks frequently of God's plans to fix the major problems of this earth, but not by human governments. In fact, just the opposite - he plans to completely destroy them.

Daniel 2:44 - New International Version (NIV)
"In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.

Edited by D-Money, 15 November 2012 - 09:34 AM.

Posted Image

#129 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Nope - not at all.

The bible talks frequently of God's plans to fix the major problems of this earth, but not by human governments. In fact, just the opposite - he plans to completely destroy them.

Daniel 2:44 - New International Version (NIV)
"In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.

Ah, another NEW interpretation of the Bible .. how timely .. :rolleyes:
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#130 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,484 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Ah, another NEW interpretation of the Bible .. how timely .. :rolleyes:

That verse was written over 2,500 years ago, so what it says is nothing new. The concept of God destroying earthly political institutions is repeated many times in the bible. This is what is to happen at Armaggedon:

Revelation 16:14,16 - New International Version (NIV)
They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty...Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

Of course, political parties hoping to convince people that they have God's favor probably will try to ignore scriptures that don't serve their agenda. Self-serving religious leaders hoping to garner favor with the former would probably do the same - even seeking to bury such notions. I have no stake with those parties, and am just interested in what the bible actually says.

Edited by D-Money, 15 November 2012 - 10:28 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.