Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Jesus, Conservative or liberal?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
129 replies to this topic

Poll: Jesus, Political leanings

Is Jesus Conservative or Liberal

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,516 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

The answer is: c) neither.

John 18:36 - New International Version (NIV)
Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

Jesus shunned politics, and remained neutral to worldly conflicts.

John 6:15 - New International Version (NIV)
Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself.

He encouraged his followers to do the same.

John 17:16 - New International Version (NIV)
They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.

PBF200-Les_Douleurs_de_la_Morte.jpg

#122 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,219 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

The answer is: c) neither.

John 18:36 - New International Version (NIV)
Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

Jesus shunned politics, and remained neutral to worldly conflicts.

John 6:15 - New International Version (NIV)
Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself.

He encouraged his followers to do the same.

John 17:16 - New International Version (NIV)
They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.

Man this supports the whole theory about "The Holy Trinity does not love the Earth"? .. we are but a playground for their farcical games .. :sadno:

Edited by Tearloch7, 14 November 2012 - 05:45 PM.

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#123 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,304 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Posted Image

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

waiting.for.cdc.jpg

#124 Dral

Dral

Puts the Dr in Drunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

I always figured Jesus was a communist

You guys are literally dumb as potatoes. You can't just vote out a guy because he is too "tricky" and miles better than you...absolutely sickening

#125 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,590 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think it's rad when balls beats natural talent

Shaun Palmer

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

#126 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,304 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

Posted Image

Yes it was, that's the day of my birth. ;)

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

waiting.for.cdc.jpg

#127 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,752 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

Given that he kicked moneychangers out of the church, and said that his temple should be a house of prayer. He must be some commie threat!

After all didn't he have long hair?

But I'll take Zealot's style over Gangnam style anyday.

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 15 November 2012 - 09:03 AM.

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#128 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,516 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Man this supports the whole theory about "The Holy Trinity does not love the Earth"? .. we are but a playground for their farcical games .. :sadno:

Nope - not at all.

The bible talks frequently of God's plans to fix the major problems of this earth, but not by human governments. In fact, just the opposite - he plans to completely destroy them.

Daniel 2:44 - New International Version (NIV)
"In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.

Edited by D-Money, 15 November 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#129 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,219 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Nope - not at all.

The bible talks frequently of God's plans to fix the major problems of this earth, but not by human governments. In fact, just the opposite - he plans to completely destroy them.

Daniel 2:44 - New International Version (NIV)
"In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.

Ah, another NEW interpretation of the Bible .. how timely .. :rolleyes:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#130 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,516 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Ah, another NEW interpretation of the Bible .. how timely .. :rolleyes:

That verse was written over 2,500 years ago, so what it says is nothing new. The concept of God destroying earthly political institutions is repeated many times in the bible. This is what is to happen at Armaggedon:

Revelation 16:14,16 - New International Version (NIV)
They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty...Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

Of course, political parties hoping to convince people that they have God's favor probably will try to ignore scriptures that don't serve their agenda. Self-serving religious leaders hoping to garner favor with the former would probably do the same - even seeking to bury such notions. I have no stake with those parties, and am just interested in what the bible actually says.

Edited by D-Money, 15 November 2012 - 10:28 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.