If we used the amnesty clause on Lou... doesn't that mean we won't be held responsible for his cap when he retires?
2) If a team uses this amnesty clause on any given player, will it make that player a RFA or still property of the team?
3) If we use this amnesty clause on Lou...I'm assuming he will get paid out in full or a significant portion of his contract. If he does become a RFA... he could literally double his income without playing a single game this year! guess this isn't a question....
4) The way Bryz has been playing recently.... I'm pretty sure that Philly won't hesitate to use the amnesty clause on him. I wonder if Lou would accept a trade there and who we could get or want from them? (providing it doesn't make Lou a RFA)
What other teams would use this amnesty clause on their keepers? This should drive up Lou's return ten-fold....depending on the number of teams who would use the amnesty clause on their keepers. The only thing, supposedly, holding everyone back is the length of Lou's contract...if that wasn't part of the equation.... MG would be considered a genius for not trading Lou prior to the lockout
5) I wonder if this would make one of the Panthers prospects available or the Oilers? .... the untouchable ones?
6) I keep going back and forth.... I wanted Lou traded, but I'm a little worried about Schneids on his first stint. I think Schneids can handle it, but there's definitely thoughts that creep back in. I thought Lou had a problem keeping his mouth shut at certain times....than he turns things around during the lockout and I love everything he's saying. I think we won't get much for trading him, but the longer this runs and if the clause (above) comes into effect.....I think we can maximize our returns.
Regardless, I have HUGE respect for Lou for not screwing us around and demanding a trade or anything of the sort (I wouldn't have been surprised if he did)...he's letting MG hold the cards to try and get as much value as possible. If Lou acted otherwise, we'd be forced to trade him at a discount like Columbus and Nash.... (I guess this one isn't much of a question too)
I am excited to see Schneids at #1, but I'll be sad to see Lou go Love him or hate him....he is doing what he said from the beginning, he's doing everything he can to help bring Lord Stanley to Van (unfortunately, it may be via trading him).
Edited by nuck luck, 12 November 2012 - 09:07 AM.