#61 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

POPULAR

No Lack, Kassian, Schroeder, Connauton, Sauve = No point in paying attention.

#62 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Well the Amerks are ahead of the Marlies 2-1 with 5 to go.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 01 December 2012 - 07:39 PM.

zackass.png

#63 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Nevermind 2-2. Paul Ranger with a nice shot.

zackass.png

#64 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Man, what the hell is Arniel thinking?

Maybe the CBA's finally been signed so NHL's coming back :rolleyes: and the guys'll be getting promoted into regular roles in the NHL level! :frantic: :rolleyes:

Wishful thinking. Seriously though what would be the point of that, scratching Schroeder, Kassian, Lack, Sauve, Connauton... if only my explanation was the reason, it would make so much sense in any other context :P :bored:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#65 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,143 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Wolves up 2-1 with goals from less likely sources.

Arniel is a genius.
Posted Image

#66 IMyMeMine

IMyMeMine

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

It seems pretty obvious that Arniel is trying to send a message to the rest of the team, not to Schroeder and Kassian. The team isn't going to last the rest of the season if they depend only on those two players.

Edited by IMyMeMine, 01 December 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#67 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,633 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Chicago Wolves@Chicago_Wolves

Pretty sure I was just complaining about both of them :rolleyes:

That's always the way it goes. If the team wins and the guys Arniel put in perform, he looks like a genius.

I don't think Schoeder and Kassian would have hurt this teams chances of winning. I think they are all motivated because they had such a horrible november.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#68 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,175 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

That's always the way it goes. If the team wins and the guys Arniel put in perform, he looks like a genius.

I don't think Schoeder and Kassian would have hurt this teams chances of winning. I think they are all motivated because they had such a horrible november.

Def the way it always goes. Then it will be another month before either of them produce again :)

But maybe this is why? Still doesn't explain Schroeder
Dave Eminian@icetimecleve

CHI has scratched regulars Connauton, Sauve, Kassian. All three were on ice when Mil notched GWG w 20 secs to play Friday. #pjsrivs #blues

#69 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

There can't be any trades during the lockout, if I'm not mistaken.

Players are locked out not scouts. Trades or no trades, scouts still work.

#70 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,047 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Players are locked out not scouts. Trades or no trades, scouts still work.

Yeah but the talk was of an upcoming trade, which is why they would be benched (as to not get hurt) which can't happen. Which is the point I was making...

Posted Image

#71 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,175 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Chicago Wolves@Chicago_Wolves

GOAL! Darren Archibald with his 2nd tally in 3 games, assisted by Longpre at 16:32 of the 3rd. #chicagowolves now lead 3-1 over Peoria.

#72 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Archibald just scored, set up by Longpre. This kid is snatching his opportunity.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#73 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,175 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Paul LaTour@platour68

That's it. #ChicagoWolves snap four-game losing streak with 3-1 victory.

#74 cs2016

cs2016

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

And we win. Woot!

#75 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

I'm still not going to eat what I said about Arniel. If anything winning with an ECHL line up proves the Rivermen (6-10-3) are garbage.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#76 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Like, Schroeder and Kassian are like HORRIBLE for the team and like Arniel is the reason we won :rolleyes: . Genius!

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#77 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

Yeah but the talk was of an upcoming trade, which is why they would be benched (as to not get hurt) which can't happen. Which is the point I was making...

OH I see. excuse my oversight.

#78 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Arniel > AV.

If only AV had benched the Sedins and Edler a little more often, maybe the Canucks would have won the cup in '11.

CDC is lucky to have such brilliant scouts:

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#79 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,508 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Kassian and Schroeder both have another gear. Arniel's probably just trying to light a fire under their asses.

Kassian should be able to dominate with his size and Schroeder should be picking teams apart on the PP.

+1.

For Schroeder, who was supposedly a top-5 NA skater in 2009, to be this far behind Kadri in terms of career AHL pts/game is very disconcerting to me (he was told by management that he needed to dominate the AHL by becoming a preeminent two-way player in that league) and Kassian's half assed efforts in the defensive aspects of the game have me very irritated with his play as of late because, really, all he's gotta do is expend a little more energy in regaining puck possession when the puck carrier is within his range (to save his teammates 20 seconds of keeping the opposition on the perimetre) instead of saving that energy for offence in the hopes his teammates can regain puck possession for him.

I'm glad all three players were given a wake up call but this better not last for more than 1 game. The message was sent and I think all four (Kassian, Schroeder, Connauton & Sauve) likely got the message about their collective effort level on the GWG.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#80 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Not sure this is directed at Kass and Schroeder.

Maybe he's sending a message to the players other than Kassian and Schroeder to step up. It seems like those two are the only bright spots on the team at the moment, and this might be a way to get the rest of the team to get their crap together (as opposed to relying on the star prospects to put up numbers).

I suspect that he is just trying to get Canuck properties ice time in the Chicago Wolves scheme.

I believe the affiliation here is the problem, not the coach. No NHL org has ever had anything but bad things to say about working with the Wolves.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#81 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

+1.

For Schroeder, who was supposedly a top-5 NA skater in 2009, to be this far behind Kadri in terms of career AHL pts/game is very disconcerting to me (he was told by management that he needed to dominate the AHL by becoming a preeminent two-way player in that league) and Kassian's half assed efforts in the defensive aspects of the game have me very irritated with his play as of late because, really, all he's gotta do is expend a little more energy in regaining puck possession when the puck carrier is within his range (to save his teammates 20 seconds of keeping the opposition on the perimetre) instead of saving that energy for offence in the hopes his teammates can regain puck possession for him.

I'm glad all three players were given a wake up call but this better not last for more than 1 game. The message was sent and I think all four (Kassian, Schroeder, Connauton & Sauve) likely got the message about their collective effort level on the GWG.

And I'm not sure why the guys who are playing the best (Kassian and Schroeder I mean) need a wake-up call, it is everyone else IMO.

Thank-fully for Arniel they ran into a bad team, he should have done this against a good team and it would have made him look like an idiot for making stupid descisions like that. I'm in the same boat as Ossi, I'm not taking back what I said, I still think he should be fired.

If they were playing terrible then I understand, but those two were playing the best on the team.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 01 December 2012 - 10:21 PM.

zackass.png

#82 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Arniel > AV.

If only AV had benched the Sedins and Edler a little more often, maybe the Canucks would have won the cup in '11.

? > Arniel & AV.

IMO they both suck.

zackass.png

#83 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Def the way it always goes. Then it will be another month before either of them produce again :)

But maybe this is why? Still doesn't explain Schroeder
Dave Eminian@icetimecleve

Connauton's a dummy for icing the puck when he had all kinds of time, so Kassian and the rest have to be benched?

Edited by JohnLennon, 01 December 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#84 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,308 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

WTH Schroeder Kassian, Connauton and Sauve scratched? ?? All of these players are our high prospects! WTH. If not even 1 of them can be a game breaker in the AHL, Don't even expect them to make the NHL. Schroeder is a top 6 or bust. Kassian, well at least he can skate and hit, but we need him to be a productive player in the NHL. These picks arent looking too good right now. I know they are young, but around the leauge you start to see other teams 1st round picks, do some damage in the AHL. The only bright spot right now is Rodin's all of a sudden offensive surge in the past 2 weeks, but even that, he needs to do it through the entire season. Our pool of prospects is not looking too good right now. Even Jensen has cooled down. Corrado was a -3 last night.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#85 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,047 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

WTH Schroeder Kassian, Connauton and Sauve scratched? ?? All of these players are our high prospects! WTH. If not even 1 of them can be a game breaker in the AHL, Don't even expect them to make the NHL. Schroeder is a top 6 or bust. Kassian, well at least he can skate and hit, but we need him to be a productive player in the NHL. These picks arent looking too good right now. I know they are young, but around the leauge you start to see other teams 1st round picks, do some damage in the AHL. The only bright spot right now is Rodin's all of a sudden offensive surge in the past 2 weeks, but even that, he needs to do it through the entire season. Our pool of prospects is not looking too good right now. Even Jensen has cooled down. Corrado was a -3 last night.

So... A coach decides to bench players who were doing fine, so those players are busts?

Dem logics.

Posted Image

#86 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

Answers to your many questions, I didnt watch either game, but i've paid attention.

Q: Why did arniel scratch them
A: They lost the game for themselves with 20 seconds left in the game with horrible defensive play and a complete lack of interest in winning.

Q: Are they able to be traded because of the lockout?
A: Yes, they are in the AHL. Not the NHL. The lockout doesnt stop GM's from negotiating, it stops GM's from talking ABOUT their NHL players, as said, they are in the AHL. (This one is more common sense, I could be wrong.. NHL doesnt make much sense..)

Q: Where is my pie?
A: The cake ate it.

Posted Image

#87 jigsaw99

jigsaw99

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

FIREEEEE ARNIELLLL

#88 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,508 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

And I'm not sure why the guys who are playing the best (Kassian and Schroeder I mean) need a wake-up call, it is everyone else IMO.

If they were playing terrible then I understand, but those two were playing the best on the team.

If 7g 5a 12pts in 19gp is the best offensive numbers Schroeder can produce at that level then we are in a serious world of hurt. Honestly, look at the difference in production here:

41g 53a 94pts in his first 101gp at age 21 & 22:
http://theahl.com/st...yer.php?id=2630

vs

28g 28a 56pts in 95gp at the same age of 21 & 22

The bottom line is that Schroeder was drafted because of his offensive skillset but at this stage of his career he is being relied on to produce offence on a nightly basis (ie point per game production) and barely putting up .5pts/game over his past 7gp (pretty much the same rate as the past 95gp) is not really cutting it in a top six role is it? Especially when you're also a -2 during that same span and a -5 in his last 8gp with 4g 2a (none of which appear to be PP pts) meaning that he's been on the ice for 11 even strength/shorthanded goals against in 8gp. Incidentally, what was the losing streak? Four and 1-6-1 in the last 8gp?

And if Kassian's uninspired backchecking and poor Dzone coverage is the best effort he can possibly give us, we are in an even bigger world of hurt because this guy is supposed to be at least a Chris Neil type (if he fails to reach his potential) and when was the last time you saw Neil loafing around the ice not making life miserable for the opposition?

I leave you w/ this message being relayed by Arneil:

“I think the whole team did a great job of sacrificing and committing to the win late in the game,” said Wolves head coach Scott Arniel. “It was real nice to erase some struggles in the third by turning a one-goal lead into two late in the game.”

First he contrasts defensive effort late in the game with the piss poor meltdown the night before and then praises the efforts to press even harder to build on that lead. Sure, it was a win vs crappy team but the bottom line is that a better effort led to better execution which ultimately resulted in a win (incidentally Schroeder was held pointless with a -3 in back to back games vs that exact same crappy team barely two weeks ago). Now it's time for Schroeder and Kassian to do what each of them is expected to do.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#89 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

Can't you trade players that are on your farm team?

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do a prospect for prospect trade?

Wolves can trade those they have signed in their own org. All Canuck prospects are under NHL contracts. With the NHL shutdown just imagine the size of the prospect files as the teams focus on other leagues.

I often wonder how much interaction between Arneil and the Canuck coaching staff. ie Does he do a bi-monthly report on prospect development or does Gagner write the report as he interacts with the players? I suspect they break the season into 10 game increments and review accordingly.

#90 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

If 7g 5a 12pts in 19gp is the best offensive numbers Schroeder can produce at that level then we are in a serious world of hurt. Honestly, look at the difference in production here:

41g 53a 94pts in his first 101gp at age 21 & 22:
http://theahl.com/st...yer.php?id=2630

vs

28g 28a 56pts in 95gp at the same age of 21 & 22

The bottom line is that Schroeder was drafted because of his offensive skillset but at this stage of his career he is being relied on to produce offence on a nightly basis (ie point per game production) and barely putting up .5pts/game over his past 7gp (pretty much the same rate as the past 95gp) is not really cutting it in a top six role is it? Especially when you're also a -2 during that same span and a -5 in his last 8gp with 4g 2a (none of which appear to be PP pts) meaning that he's been on the ice for 11 even strength/shorthanded goals against in 8gp. Incidentally, what was the losing streak? Four and 1-6-1 in the last 8gp?

And if Kassian's uninspired backchecking and poor Dzone coverage is the best effort he can possibly give us, we are in an even bigger world of hurt because this guy is supposed to be at least a Chris Neil type (if he fails to reach his potential) and when was the last time you saw Neil loafing around the ice not making life miserable for the opposition?

I leave you w/ this message being relayed by Arneil:

“I think the whole team did a great job of sacrificing and committing to the win late in the game,” said Wolves head coach Scott Arniel. “It was real nice to erase some struggles in the third by turning a one-goal lead into two late in the game.”

First he contrasts defensive effort late in the game with the piss poor meltdown the night before and then praises the efforts to press even harder to build on that lead. Sure, it was a win vs crappy team but the bottom line is that a better effort led to better execution which ultimately resulted in a win (incidentally Schroeder was held pointless with a -3 in back to back games vs that exact same crappy team barely two weeks ago). Now it's time for Schroeder and Kassian to do what each of them is expected to do.

Nice post. +1
A voice of sanity in a Arniel roast- a -thon. To many simply look at the points scored and pass judgement. I experience was that hockey was more about the elimination of mistakes. The points flow from that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.