Posted Image

#3 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,912 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

As I've said before. Fox news is a load of crap.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#4 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,099 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

But they are SO credible, usually .. disappointed!!! .. :rolleyes:
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#5 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

losers, trying to demonize weed smokers.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#6 biznasty

biznasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

"Fair and Balanced." How are they so blind and stubborn..
Posted Image

#7 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

just great, it will give the potheads more ammo and reason to try to make people believe it's safe to smoke weed and drive.

#8 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

There is an entire website dedicated to uncovering their NUMEROUS amount of lies. http://foxnewslies.net/

#9 Lockout Casualty

Lockout Casualty

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

just great, it will give the potheads more ammo and reason to try to make people believe it's safe to smoke weed and drive.

Ahem

A woman who admitted to using marijuana before getting into her car has been acquitted of impaired driving, with the Saskatoon judge saying he was not convinced her ability to operate a vehicle was affected.
The case, recently published to an online legal database, concerned the arrest of a woman on June 19, 2011, who was pulled over during a routine traffic enforcement program.

According to the judge, the officer directed her to pull over even though she was driving appropriately and in her proper lane of travel.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...lty-120830.html

“Hi Nigel, just a quick note to say that I am always ready to do exactly what is asked but it would have been a great help to know in advance what the strategy was.”

- Carolyn Stewart Olsen, Conservative Senator.

#10 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

oh Saskatoon.. Dunno why I lived there.. and want to move back..

#11 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Its sad that the American's started legalizing pot before us, we have 75% of BC residents wanting it legalized. Yet any political party in office likes to hold Uncle Sam's balls.

Watch as more states legalize it, you will see BC legalize it, its a shame though we have to wait for the OK from down south.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#12 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

Ahem

[/background][/font][/color]
http://www.cbc.ca/ne...lty-120830.html

Don't care what a judge says. From my own personal experiences I can say pot easily impairs a drivers ability to drive.

#13 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,200 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Don't care what a judge says. From my own personal experiences I can say pot easily impairs a drivers ability to drive.

So does being short.

See, we can all say things from our personal experience that aren't legally compelling.

#14 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

POPULAR

dont care what you say, from my own personal experience, i can say you are wrong

ignorance surrounding marijuana needs to end
Fire MG

#15 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Did you watch the video? It explicitly stated that it did NOT advocate smoking and driving.

To summarize: THC stays in your system longer than the effect of THC and, since THC affects everyone differently, laws that are based solely on a THC limit are inappropriate.

#16 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

Fox News lying??? Who wudda thunk it!!!!

That is why I prefer my US centric news from unbiased sources such as The Onion.

Posted Image
http://www.theonion.com/

For example:

Obama Paranoid Government Coming For His Guns

Posted Image

WASHINGTON—Reflecting attitudes held throughout his personal and political life, President Barack Obama restated Thursday his long-standing fear that the U.S. government is even now putting measures in place to take his guns away.

Obama, an avid gun enthusiast with an extensive history of mistrusting the federal government, claimed Washington's actions in recent years have been particularly egregious and described its "rabid anti-gun zealotry" as "some real sinister, Nazi-type crap."

"The thing for damn sure is you can't trust 'em," Obama told reporters Thursday morning, cradling a .22-caliber bolt-action hunting rifle in his arms. "No matter how hard you work or how many taxes you pay, the goddamn government's sure as crap gonna pass some law or officiate some warrant to try and take your guns. Because when the people don't have any guns, that's when they take control."

"Just like in England," the president added. "They took away all the guns there, and now they have video cameras all over the place to spy on everybody. You think America wouldn't do that if they could?"

According to President Obama, the U.S. government has for years made a concerted effort to "destroy the Second Amendment of the damned Constitution, for God's sake," while silencing the voices of gun owners such as himself who merely wish to retain the ability to protect their home and family.

"It's a slippery slope, I'm telling you—it starts with an assault weapons ban, which is a total crock, and then they use that to get their foot in the door to take away shotguns and rifles, too," said the president, adding that he keeps an assortment of handguns locked in a safe in the White House basement in case of "emergencies." "We're talking about an all-out war on our right to keep and bear arms: global gun databases, secret watch lists, bullet serialization, microstamping. It is my constitutional right to own these firearms, okay? And they can't wrench that right away from me."

"What if somebody breaks into the White House tonight?" Obama continued. "Hell, I got a prerogative to protect my wife and kids."

Seemingly obsessed with security, Obama has reportedly used the heavily fortified Oval Office as a 'lair' for most of his first term, eating and sleeping within its gun-racked walls and exiting only for necessary state business. In such cases, Obama told reporters, he will not leave without an array of concealed weapons on his person.

Beltway sources said a rifle-armed figure resembling Obama has also been seen patrolling the White House roof in recent years, wearing what appears to be forest-camouflage cargo pants, mirrored aviator sunglasses, and a sleeveless black "POW/MIA" T-shirt.

"When the crap goes down, man, the militia is all you can rely on," said Obama, who sources confirmed has formed a loose affiliation of local gun owners that meets on weekends to conduct what they call "training exercises" in the Rose Garden.

"And believe me, the crap will go down. There is a war coming. And it's coming quick. And you just better hope that when it does go down you're not caught on the wrong side of that line, brother, because I will not hesitate to defend what I hold dear."

At press time, a user named "potus_44" posted a message on an NRA message board that read: "rite to own guns only thing btwn tyrany and freedom. atf w/ fbi trying 2 control us, just like Brits in Rev War. fate of nation hangs in balance."Posted Image

http://www.theonion....his-guns,30638/

Edited by Wetcoaster, 09 December 2012 - 01:01 PM.

To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#17 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,759 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

The eyes of the law take precedent over someone's 'personal experiences'.

I don't care what you say, regarding this subject.

(See how useless that second sentence was?)
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#18 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

And from mine and about 8 other friends' experiences, it doesn't. Don't go driving stoned out of your mind, but if you've just had a regular toking sesh, you're good to drive, if not better than usual because you're so calm. Maybe you're just a bad driver. Neither experience has anymore weight in court.

What this bust is claiming is that the proposed law about THC content makes no sense because it doesn't actually dictate how high are you and whether or not that'll impair your driving.

Edited by Witchcraft and Sedinery, 09 December 2012 - 01:28 PM.

Posted Image

#19 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

2 hours after consuming a six pack and 2 hours after being stoned outa yer mind are very, very different.

Dunno how technology is gonna solve this one so my guess is a zero tolerance.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#20 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Grew up around guys that smoke all day every day and drive just as much. There have never been in any accidents nor have I ever noticed a decrease in their driving abilities. As far as I'm concerned go crazy on pot if u want. It's Better than alcohol and just hyped up IMO.

Edited by Special Ed, 09 December 2012 - 01:44 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#21 Gerg

Gerg

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,165 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

So does being short.

See, we can all say things from our personal experience that aren't legally compelling.

So does being tired.
Posted Image

#22 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Faux news is offal.

#23 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,099 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Faux news is offal.

Words of wisdom .. :rolleyes:
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#24 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,886 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

On the one hand, Fox News is ridiculous and a complete joke, but we all knew that.

On the other hand, people really shouldn't drive when high, and it does happen all the time. It's not exactly some crazy conspiracy theory they made up here. They've done far worse.

#25 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,428 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Drove drunk. Drove stoned.

Can say without a doubt driving stoned was safer, but it was more of a nightmare because, unlike being drunk and driving, i cared a lot about how i was driving. Ultra-paranoid.

The worst thing about drinking drunk is not that it slows you down. It's that you don't give a crap about anything. Let the good times roll until you screw up.

Being stoned and having a couple-three, and then driving however, is not recommended. Not that either being drunk or high and then driving is, but the risks of screwing up increase quite a bit when you're stoned and popped a few.

The safest bet of course is to not do either while driving. I haven't been tempted to d&d for 7 yrs. I rarely have more than a couple-three. And i don't smoke weed anymore. Basically, i have more to lose now.
Posted Image

#26 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hahahaha

no one was aloud to pass the test.

Maybe he was too stoned to write that no one was allowed to pass the test.

#27 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Fox news is very SLANTED to the right. They are the other side of MSNBC which slants heavily to the left.

Calling it a joke is simply disingenuous .
Posted Image

#28 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,506 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Its sad that the American's started legalizing pot before us, we have 75% of BC residents wanting it legalized. Yet any political party in office likes to hold Uncle Sam's balls.

Watch as more states legalize it, you will see BC legalize it, its a shame though we have to wait for the OK from down south.

We were taking the lead till Herr Harper got elected.

#29 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,506 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

Fox news is very SLANTED to the right. They are the other side of MSNBC which slants heavily to the left.

Can you be slanted one way or the other without being outright dishonest?

#30 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Can say without a doubt driving stoned was safer, but it was more of a nightmare because, unlike being drunk and driving, i cared a lot about how i was driving. Ultra-paranoid.

Until you get used to doing it, and that's when the sloppiness can kick in. Nowhere near as dangerous as drunk driving of course. Stoners kinda focus on one thing at a time. If they aren't focused on the driving, its easy to imagine them reacting late to a dangerous situation. Having said that, the suggested limit in that video was clearly too low

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.