The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks making critical mistakes in hindsight?

Lui's Knob

Man that Corrado kid was such a huge let down what a bum wont even be a career AHL'er....

(150th overall) 5th round pick, 20 years old? 6' 190lbs (skinny punk) tore up the Team Canada tryouts scoring goals when he is a shut down D'man what a tool... who does that.

this kid will be alright me thinks.

I don't know, he's a 5th round pick so I don't think he will ever make it anywhere, I think he got the invite to the selection camp just cause Hockey Canada felt bad for him, since he has been such a letdown with those massive expectations of being a 5th round pick.

:emot-parrot:

Man that Corrado kid was such a huge let down what a bum wont even be a career AHL'er....

(150th overall) 5th round pick, 20 years old? 6' 190lbs (skinny punk) tore up the Team Canada tryouts scoring goals when he is a shut down D'man what a tool... who does that.

this kid will be alright me thinks.

In my opinion, it is far too early to tell who is more beneficial to their respective team. For all we know, Garrison could be money well spent in terms of his contract and Schultz could be unable to adapt to the NHL game. We won't know until the lockout is over..

Except he wasn't proven when his deal was signed. Nor does AHL success automatically translate into NHL success.

The only thing Edmonton offered that Gillis wouldn't was guaranteed minutes. What contender would guarantee a rookie, who hasn't played a single pro game against adults, ice time? None. Only a bottom feeder would do that. So he signed with a bottom feeder.

Yeah everybody here is ragging on the Canucks for not doing enough to land Shultz but other teams like the Rangers walked away after talking to him. Top teams with winning tough coatchs like Torts or Babcock or Vignault are not going to put a raw rookie into the top 4 paring at the expense of a proven d-man. Shultz got what he wanted and good for him but his Lebron-esk attitude and snubbing of the team who drafted him should send alarm bells to a lot of people here.

Archived