#1 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,476 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

POPULAR

So Glad we have this guy. We stole him from Florida for virutally nothing, Sammuelsson was productive for that one season for them but is gone now, and Sturm did nothing.

Booth was a great addition, and easily our most exciting player. He posses a skillset that no one else has, that speed, power and willingness to drive the net. He is also one of the few forward who can still be effective and create opportunites and things when he isn't scoring.

I thought he really started rolling in November then he got hurt and it took him awhile to get back at that pace, infact he had 12 Points in 15 games from the beginning of November, till the game he got hurt in.

And if he hadn't missed those game with injury he would have scored 20 goals (He had 16 and he missed 22 Games)

And then I know people have issue's with his hunting or whatever and I don't really want to go down that road but he is actually a really good guy and a nice person.

Overall a good player and a great addition to the top 6, great trade by MG. We can't let this guy go.

zackass.png

#2 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

POPULAR

honestly no kidding eh. sometimes I feel us as Vancouver fans are really ungrateful with our hockey team. other teams would love to have booth amd we got this guy. meanwhile many of us want this guy outta here. I only see up for this guy in the future. keep it up david!

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#3 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

He's a fantastic hockey player, both on and off the ice. I have only the utmost respect for him and the things he does within our community. He could be a 30-goal guy in the future if things go right for him.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#4 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Booth was one of my favourite non-canucks. A great trade considering what we gave up.

#5 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,476 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Booth was one of my favourite non-canucks. A great trade considering what we gave up.

Me too, I was ecstatic when I found out about the deal.

zackass.png

#6 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

He's a really good hunter!

Jagermeister.jpg

#7 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,925 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

I couldn't believe it when we got Booth, especially for just Samuelsson and Sturm which made it even harder to believe it was true. If Kassian is ready to go we will have a deadly top six for the next few years.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#8 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

If only he practiced his shot and puck handling as much as he hunts beaver.

His game seems a little discombobulated at times- like Garry Busey's visual art career

#9 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,007 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Do you guys think he could still be a 30 goal scorer?

307mg00.jpg

#10 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,476 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

His game seems a little discombobulated at times- like Garry Busey's visual art career

His puck handling is actually really good, im not sure what your talking about.

zackass.png

#11 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Booth is a badass, think he'll hit 30 goals in a full season with us.

#12 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

So long as he's given more time with Kesler, anything can happen.

#13 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

I like how he plays hard and is willing to go the net, but I wish he'd pass more. For all the crap Kesler gets for being a puck hog, Booth's tunnel vision is often worse.

Edited by etsen3, 22 December 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#14 nucks_rule1

nucks_rule1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Hes definitely shown some bright moments but as a whole had been disappointing, he's still young and obviously has the ability. and no doubt we killed the trade. again good work GMMG
Posted Image
my thread!

100th post on September 9th 2008
1000th post on june 24th 2010

THANK YOU MIKE GILLIS FOR GREATEST OFF SEASON EVER!

HANK= H(ART ROSS)

#15 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Booth is a badass, think he'll hit 30 goals in a full season with us.

So long as he's given more time with Kesler, anything can happen.

Booth won't score 30 playing with Kesler.

Quote me for the next full season.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#16 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Booth won't score 30 playing with Kesler.

Quote me for the next full season.

If Raymond can score 25 playing with Kesler, Booth can score 35+.

#17 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

While I hope I'm wrong, and I do like booth, last years chemistry it lack there of, between kes and booth was frustrating to watch.

I thought he would be great alongside kes, but now I'm not sure and 30 seems a stretch. 35, is a high total for any nhler and I doubt a second line winger with limited pp time gets 35+ here.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#18 EoH

EoH

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

If i remember booth and kesler were suppose to be practicing in the off season. Hopefully they pass to each other more if its true.

#19 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,007 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

That was when Kesler played a different style. Now he is just a puck hoger.

307mg00.jpg

#20 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

That was when Kesler played a different style. Now he is just a puck hoger.

Both are puck hogs. Which is why they need someone with good vision to feed them the puck.

#21 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,007 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Both are puck hogs. Which is why they need someone with good vision to feed them the puck.

Split the Sedins?

307mg00.jpg

#22 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

A "playmaking" winger to go with Kes and Booth sounds good, but im not sold that it's entirely necessary. Kesler is perfectly capable of passing, he had a bad year, frustrated, selfish, it showed. Theres still 2 dman on the ice with them, they're not alone nor do they literally go for end2end rushes every time they have the puck. I think an average puck distributor and decent 2nd line calibre player would be just fine.

Really hope this lockout doesn't mess with a Booth-Kes-Raymond line. I am very optimistic about that combo and think all 3 of them can and will make a big comeback year with new found health and chemistry.

#23 meh_wassup

meh_wassup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

He's always the one of the hardest working players on the team, he stands up for himself and his teammates. He has great speed and explosive power, and drives hard to the net. As for his shot, I don't know who was complaining about it but he probably has the hardest wrist shot on this current team.

Favourite moments of Booth:

He stands up for himself against Richards

Possibly my fav hit ever:

Exhibit A of his sweet puck handling skills and great speed and explosive power:

Charlotte-McKinney-21-155x160.jpg

#24 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

One of the few players that actually got the playoff memo. If the rest of the team played as hard as him that series......

#25 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

I still miss Samuelsson, but I understand the need to get younger and I respect the decision made to bring in Booth. Really there probably wasn't any other way to get him other than to give Samuelsson up, Kes needed a line mate.. Raymond lost his effectiveness, I doubt we've seen the best David Booth has to offer. I look forward to seeing his play through out a full season. :)

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#26 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,592 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

Are you guys all forgetting about Samuelsson?

The guy ended up outscoring (pace-wise) Booth all of last season and was one of if not our best playoff performer. Booth did nothing in the playoffs.

This trade hurt us last season, but should pay dividends later on as Booth is much younger and more physical than Samuelsson. Still, not as great a trade as everyone makes it out to be - we lost one of our best forwards and a proven winner in Samuelsson for a guy who had never played a playoff game in his life.

This was about as even a trade as they come so for those of you who think MG won big time, shake your head and look what Samuelsson did for us during our 2011 Cup run. Good trade, but it wasn't a steal and we definately had to give away a lot to get Booth.
Posted Image

#27 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,476 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

As some people have pointed out he was one of the few players who looked like he came to play in the playoffs, he was one of our better forwards, he didn't produce much points wise but he was one of the few guys who was great physically and was creating chances and making things happen whenever he was out there.

Sammuelsson was doing alright for us, he was having the best success of his career in our line-up and really building his value as an older player but this deal was a huge win for us in the big picture.

zackass.png

#28 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

Are you guys all forgetting about Samuelsson?

The guy ended up outscoring (pace-wise) Booth all of last season and was one of if not our best playoff performer. Booth did nothing in the playoffs.

This trade hurt us last season, but should pay dividends later on as Booth is much younger and more physical than Samuelsson. Still, not as great a trade as everyone makes it out to be - we lost one of our best forwards and a proven winner in Samuelsson for a guy who had never played a playoff game in his life.

This was about as even a trade as they come so for those of you who think MG won big time, shake your head and look what Samuelsson did for us during our 2011 Cup run. Good trade, but it wasn't a steal and we definately had to give away a lot to get Booth.

ya but don't you forget that Floridalost samuelsson for nothingand well sturm is sturm. amd we still have booth so it looks like we won this trade drasticallyif you ask me.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#29 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

:bigblush:
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#30 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

Its interesting how many have issues with Booth and Kesler and their lack of passing/tunnel vision. One thing that has struck me with a number of the Nucks who are considered 'close to elite' excl the Sedins...is unlike many of the elite peers they really don't seem to be developing their games anymore.

If you listen to Crosby, Sakic, Yzerman etc (and certainly we dont have players in that echelon but point is the same) they always talked about adding facets to their games to become better players. Ie Crosby made a concerted effort to shoot more to add a new dimension, get better at faceoffs (common for centers) etc.

I find it odd that

Henrik - Hasn't made the effort to shoot more - other than the year Daniel was out he still is pass first, starting to shoot more would throw off defenses, keep them honest.

Kesler - develop his passing game, AV called him out on this and he got offended. Well you want to be an elite center Kes? learn to pass and playmake

Booth - same as above

Bieksa - adding back the physical dimension to his game

Hammer - working on his shot etc

This team used to be about constant development. It seems as though in some respects they have become complacent in internal development, perhaps a result of reg season success.

However, I recall a few years ago where MG mentioned we had the right team just players needed to continue to develop. For some reason they seem to have stopped.

If our players focused on adding more facets to their game (like Burr) we may not need that extra top 6 player.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 23 December 2012 - 09:19 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.