The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Kick Ass 2 - 3/10

That movie was balls. The movie was so back and forth between what it wanted to say about vigilantism that by the end when it made its final statement, it held no meaning. Most things that people said, and that those people did, made little to no sense.

I liked the first movie, and that didn't feel as lost and purposeless as this one. I don't actively hate this movie, but it was a large waste of my time.

Chloe Moretz said yesterday that piracy was the thing that killed the chance of another sequel in the series, but it was not. It's this second movie's lack of merit. A third sequel would in all likelihood be even more vapid than this one.

Jim Carrey was the only good part of the movie.

Also, did you know Brad Pitt was a Producer? i guess not everything he does is greatness.

Chloe Grace Moretz said a day or two ago that she doesn't think that they will be making a Kick-Ass 3. She blames piracy of the movie. That's odd because the movie made over $60million and it only cost them $28million to make it not including the cost of advertising. They will also make profit from the sale of DVDs.

the original made +96 million worldwide on a 30,000 budget. for a net of +66 mill

Kickass 2 made +60 million worldwide on a 28,000 budget, for a net of +32 mill.

When your net profits reduce by more than 50% from the original to sequel, would you really green-light a 3rd?

the original made +96 million worldwide on a 30,000 budget. for a net of +66 mill

When your net profits reduce by more than 50% from the original to sequel, would you really green-light a 3rd?

As Sabrefan1 pionted out " not including the cost of advertising " which is a fair chunk of change also.But i agree if the OG cast wants to make a third one fans and i would see it.

Depends on if I think that the third movie would be any good. What hurt the sequel was the poor word of mouth it got after premiering. It was a very mediocre effort.

That isn't the net. Theatres and the distributor get their end, then the studio. It invlolves Universal, whom I'm assuming did the distribution, plus Marv which is Mathew Vaughn, then Plan B which is Brad Pitt. By the time the budget gets covered there is very little profit in the second film. I doubt there was much profit in the first film, but they thought the second would do better, get a little bump from the first.

I think the backlash against the violence did them in, especially with Jim Carrey speaking out before it opened.

Edited by aliboy

Where did you watch Godzilla? Is it out on video now? Thought it didn't come out until September, been trying to buy it at futureshop, preorders only right now.

It's not out on home video or on demand yet. But I'll be picking it up the DVD in September likely.

Don't know how anyone can hate kick ass 2. The violence, gore and humour combine to form one sextacular film. Truly a masterpiece in my eyes

It combines gratuitous amounts of the first 2, without too much of the third, and all without much much rhyme or reason.

Depends on if I think that the third movie would be any good. What hurt the sequel was the poor word of mouth it got after premiering. It was a very mediocre effort.

This. Most people who watched this movie would not urge anyone else to follow them.

Chloe Grace Moretz said a day or two ago that she doesn't think that they will be making a Kick-Ass 3. She blames piracy of the movie. That's odd because the movie made over $60million and it only cost them $28million to make it not including the cost of advertising. They will also make profit from the sale of DVDs.

Girls can't do math. It is known.

It is pretty special,i own the 3 movies i listed on DVD and the Host is the only one i`ve watched more than once,not because they are bad movie.I just want to hold on to the feeling of how special they were the first time watching them.Maybe by the end of the year i'll revisit both.

MoM I have seen numerous times. The Host only once but I have not even heard of Mother. Is it really great?

Where did you watch Godzilla? Is it out on video now? Thought it didn't come out until September, been trying to buy it at futureshop, preorders only right now.

The torrent for it is already up if you want to watch it before you buy it. DVDs usually pop up to download about a month before they are released in the stores.

I don't get all the Godzilla love, the acting was horrendous, the writing was crap, and there wasn't enough of

Godzilla himself, to me it was the second worst movie this year behind only the travesty that is Teenage

Mutant Ninja Turtles, which I don't even want to acknowledge.

Edited by Wedge-tailed Eagle

The torrent for it is already up if you want to watch it before you buy it. DVDs usually pop up to download about a month before they are released in the stores.

I did see it in theatres, just wondering as it's no longer in theatres and I thought it hadn't been released yet. Thanks.

I don't get all the Godzilla love, the acting was horrendous, the writing was crap, and there wasn't enough of

Godzilla himself, to me it was the second worst movie this year behind only the travesty that is Teenage

Mutant Ninja Turtles, which I don't even want to acknowledge.

Many of us aquired a love for monster movies by watching them as we grew up. They are the bad movies that we love, they don't have to be "good". For some of us, monster movies have a completely different criteria, for rating, then any other films.

Many of us aquired a love for monster movies by watching them as we grew up. They are the bad movies that we love, they don't have to be "good". For some of us, monster movies have a completely different criteria, for rating, then any other films.

Oh I know that, but that in no means changes my opinion of the pile of crap that is Godzilla (2014). I am one of the many who aquired a love for monster movies by watching them as I grew up, and while I agree that most monster films should have a different criteria for rating I just don't believe Godzilla (2014) deserves that criteria.

I believe this because imo it wasn't a traditional monster movie. I feel that it tried to hard to be a serious movie with a dramatic message about natural disasters along the lines of The Day After Tomorrow, Armageddon, and The Day the Earth Stood Still.

I believe it tried to focus too much on the boring story, and characters who weren't believable at all, If the movie had more than 15 minutes of Godzilla spread out in bits and pieces it could have been amazing, bt it didn't and it wasn't.

It just frustrated me an incredible amount. I had been excited for it for years, I mean who wouldn't be it's Godzilla, and imo it just fell flat. I know everyone has a right to have their own opinions, and I'm not trying to change them, I just needed to rant.

Edited by Wedge-tailed Eagle

FInally watched The Amazing Spider-man 2.

I dont get the hardcore hate for this movie... was it great... Hell no, but it was entertaining and still way better than Spider Man 3.

5/10, but worth watching for spidey fans. I like Garfield's SM much more than Maguire's, he is cockier and talks more smack, like Peter is supposed to do.

Watched Chef the other day and it was thoroughly enjoyable, charming and touching film, good cast with one caveat. It's a freaking 2 hour twitter commercial.

Worth the watch as it's better than most summer movies and like I said touching, charming and at least somewhat original (compared to most Hollywood films anyways) and is about one of my favourite subjects. But fair warning on the social media product placement..

6.5/10 (would have been higher with a bit less in your face twitter)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgFws3AoIUY

Edited by J.R.