The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

I told them to get the hell outta there a few times.

I'm actually getting sick of all this Luongo stuff.

it's like eating to many yogart covered almonds you just want someone to take them away so the pain will stop but you have no control you must indulge.

wait till they announce the starting goalie on opening night.

It's just to dam much I am drowning

If Gillis is getting offers like Frason and a second , he better shut off his phone and never talk to Nonis again. He'll only turn it on again once he hears Gardiner and a first. If Gillis doesn't get any real offers than don't trade Luongo. He still has value to the team and don't throw him away for nothing, defiantly to Toronto. Luongo will make Toronto a play-off team, I don't want that. Wait it out MG.

Gillis is not trading Luongo for Kadri.

You cannot trade Luongo without getting an impact player back.

With Bozak being an RFA, how could we possibly be ok with getting Kadri, and then seeing Bozak walk?

It would have to be a 1st coming back as well, I doubt Nonis does that.

Philly should get Luongo and Tor should get Bryz it makes too much sense in terms of what team is going ot give realistic value for Lu.

Coutreier or Tor 1st

Philly can afford to lose Couterier

and Toronto can afford to lose Bozak, and Franson for picks and their elite goaltender.

a 3 way trade is soooo reasonable.

Gillis is not trading Luongo for Kadri.

You cannot trade Luongo without getting an impact player back.

With Bozak being an RFA, how could we possibly be ok with getting Kadri, and then seeing Bozak walk?

It would have to be a 1st coming back as well, I doubt Nonis does that.

Philly should get Luongo and Tor should get Bryz it makes too much sense in terms of what team is going ot give realistic value for Lu.

Coutreier or Tor 1st

Philly can afford to lose Couterier

and Toronto can afford to lose Bozak, and Franson for picks and their elite goaltender.

a 3 way trade is soooo reasonable.

I never said that. I said that any trade sending the Schenns or Couturier would likely have to include Gaunce going the other way.

The names in the rumours have been Luongo, Grossman, B. Schenn & Couturier. Do you see them parting with them without getting a young asset back on top of Lou?

I never said that. I said that any trade sending the Schenns or Couturier would likely have to include Gaunce going the other way.

The names in the rumours have been Luongo, Grossman, B. Schenn & Couturier. Do you see them parting with them without getting a young asset back on top of Lou?

Luongo Schroeder.

Couturier, Simmonds, Leighton.

Some Philly twitterers are suggesting that Grossman is a centerpiece, which is ludicrous. He was picked up for a 2nd and a 3rd round pick - he'd be a third pairing guy in Vancouver, a stay at home, penalty killer type, with virtually no offensive upside. I personally consider him a saw-off at best for Ballard (the version we have seen in Vancouver, or a downgrade on a healthy Ballard playing the role he is suited to).

Philly is absolutely loaded at RW. Their fifth best RW is Read, who put up 24 goals and 47 points last year - they are so stacked they have to move natural RWs(Giroux) to center. That is where they can most afford to move a player to strengthen their back end. I think a deal with them centers upon Couturier (not the Schenns) and their 4th or 5th RW - Simmonds or Read.

I think Schroeder is the type of guy who could fit well with the likes of Giroux, Briere etc, he'd lessen the pain of moving Couturier, and he'd likely to find a spot (behind Couturier) in Vancouver.

With Giroux, Schenn, Talbot, Rinaldo, Schroeder and Holmstrom they'd be in fine shape up the middle.

And they could always move Bryz to TO for Franson and a 2nd lol.

I

If Lu doesn't end up in Fla, he's going to Philly IMO.

I've always said if there was an amnesty buy out, Philly would come calling about Lu. Considering they can't talk trades during lockout, Holmgren obviously made the call previous to Sept 15. There was a 'mystery team' calling before that date, I'm guessing it was Philly. Of course, the fact this info is now out there must have hit Homgren like a semi truck. He's got a $40+M crazy Russian goalie on his hands, the last thing he wants is that guy having a bird - in case he can't obtain Luongo and is stuck with him.

This Grossman speculation must be wrong, why would GIllis want another lefty d-man who's grossly overpaid for the next 4 yrs and has bad underlying numbers? The most pts he ever had in a season was 12 (4 yrs ago). Nuff said. I'd bet my condo he wants Couturier. I think he was the mystery '6th' targeted player in a Hodsgon trade. No way Holmgren wants to give him up, but if he wants Lu - he might not have a choice.

I still think it will be Florida in the end.

Luongo, 3rd.

Goc, Petrovic, Ellerby, Drew Shore.

Gillis may not be as interested in Bjugstad having drafted Gaunce. I think Goc would make a good 2nd/3rd line tweener addition - he skates very well, has moderate offensive upside, is a good face off guy, and an adept defensive player - he was fourth on the Panthers with a +9.2 relative corsi having only 38% offensive zone starts, quite a remarkable pair of stats imo. Only a 1.7 cap hit.

Have always seen Petrovic as the type of prospect the Canucks don't have - would like him in a deal.

Ellerby hasn't lived up to projections, but I think he'll make a solid third pairing defensman - and as a 700k RFA, if the Canucks must move Ballard's cap hit, Ellerby is a good young affordable option while the Panthers would still have Campbell, Kuba, and Kulikov on the left side...

Shore - a good young two way center buried behind endless talent up the middle in Florida.

The Canucks may not land an A roster player or prospect, but imo a deal like this does not require them to take back salary, they acquire good center and blueline depth, shed half of Luongo's cap hit, would enable them to move Ballard if necessary, and draw from where Florida is deepest, while leaving Tallon with his untouchables.

I prefer Lu doesn't land in Toronto.

Philly has the most to offer, imo.

Florida, is where the emotional connection is, for Luongo.

I'd rather have Philly land Luongo - I'd be happy if we could land Courturier, and a prospect. I think Courturier alone is better than what Toronto can offer.

Archived