The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Follow the projection: the 07/08 Blackhawks just barely missed the playoffs, so I'm expecting the Oil to just barely miss this year (if Kesler's injury doesn't play a major factor - ie, we acquire Weiss to fill the hole, Schroeder shocks the hockey world, etc).

The '08/'09 'Hawks made it to the conference finals, I'm thinking the Oil can get their next year in '13/'14. The '09/'10 'Hawks won the Cup and they '14/'15 could be just as dominant, imo.

Well afcourse in 4 years. Thats what I was saying originally about the Oilers being good enough to win a Cup in few years, not this year or next.

You are saying they are close and will win the division this year and The Stanley Cup next year.

lol

Well ofcourse in 4 years he could turn out to be a great player , perhaps win the Cup by then.

That's what I was saying originally about the Oilers being good enough to win a Cup in few years, not this year or next.

You are saying they are close and will win the division this year and The Stanley Cup next year.

lol

/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=11048266">snapback.pngMillerdraft, on 08 January 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Personally, I'm thinking Edmonton could win our division this year with Kesler out but regardless, Edmonton will likely be a playoff team in 2013/2014 and our window is still roughly 3-4 years.

Kesler is out. You are aware of this.

So Oilers would beat out Minny and Van this year, if Kes is out.

Schroeder is stronger and better defensively, he has been better than Ebbett on the Wolves and I would rather give him that shot now that he has the opportunity rather than give Ebbett who I don't understand why everyone is in love with the guy all of the sudden.

You can say JS is a bust all you want but you should give good reasons as to why, and your forgetting Schroeder hasn't gotten an opportunity yet even though AV admitted he has earned one and that Cody was the same age when everyone jumped on his bandwagon, and Schroeder IMO is a better, more complete player now than Cody was coming into camp last year.

I'm not in love with the guy (Ebbett). I was just pointing out the obvious in what I've seen from Schroeder which Ferraro and Valk simply verified.

I never said JS was/is/will be a bust. I actually said "If you think so poorly of Ebbett, and Valk and Ferraro say he'll beat out JS for a roster spot, either he's not ready for the NHL or he's a bust. I believe the former."

/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=11048266">snapback.pngMillerdraft, on 08 January 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Personally, I'm thinking Edmonton could win our division this year with Kesler out but regardless, Edmonton will likely be a playoff team in 2013/2014 and our window is still roughly 3-4 years.

Kesler is out. You are aware of this.

So Oilers would beat out Minny and Van this year, if Kes is out.

Archived