3455 replies to this topic

#1171 Rusty_Element

Rusty_Element

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Why not hold a mega sale event for picks and prospects so we can compete with Edmonton in not making the playoffs?

So you'd rather have 5 million sitting on the bench? I'm not opposed to it but I would be equally happy for the freed up space for future prospects. MG will make the right move either way. For the record, Oilers are gonna be a fun team to watch with all their fire power.

Edited by Rusty_Element, 10 January 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#1172 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,276 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

If Philly is seriously interested, they wont make a move for him until the offseason

zackass.png

#1173 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Jennifer Benson, Toronto Sun Columnist

Done Deal! #Luongo & Cap Flex to #Leafs. Frattin, Bozak & 2nd Rounder to #Canucks. Expect Announcement Thursday (Following Signed CBA) #NHL

https://twitter.com/...814593856389121

:rolleyes:

#1174 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

If Philly is seriously interested, they wont make a move for him until the offseason

If Philly is seriously interested, they will realize that they don't have that much time to wait.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1175 Rusty_Element

Rusty_Element

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

Credible?

#1176 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Credible?

Same question...

It seems odd that that would be that package they settle on - what with the news of Philly being involved, and Canucks asking Gardiner and Kadri..

Posted Image

#1177 Rusty_Element

Rusty_Element

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

This was 3 hours ago from Jennifer Benson:

Jennifer Benson@wordonbaystreet
Cancel The Parade! Post-Burke #Leafs drop #Luongo chase.#Nonnis in early talks with #Sabres for 2014-15 UFA #Miller. Who would you give up?

NEVER trust women!!

Buffalo WGR 550 Sports Radio confirms #Leafs contact #Sabresover 2014-15 UFA Goaltender Ryan Miller. Tune in & listenhttp://www.wgr550.com

Pretty sure Buffalo is gonna resign Ryan Miller..

You think this a hardball move by Nonis to try and show GMMG that there are other options outside of Lu?

Edited by Rusty_Element, 10 January 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#1178 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Credible?

she has over 1000 followers, as for credible, I have no idea

#1179 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

?

So trading one player who is expendable suddenly makes us a non-playoff team?

If that "expendable" player is Luongo then yes. If that "expendable" player is Luongo for picks and prospects, even more so. Over 300 pages of CDC interest in the matter, a mass media frenzy, numerous articles on Luongo and a possible firing from The Mecca of hockey tends to say Luongo might not be as "expendable" as local fans might think.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 10 January 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#1180 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,276 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

If Philly is seriously interested, they will realize that they don't have that much time to wait.

In Duthies tweet he said they likely wont make a move till the summer, and they have to do something with Bryz first, these factors along with what they would be will to give up, all add to why they dont seem like a likely trade partner

zackass.png

#1181 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,276 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

If that "expendable" player is Luongo then yes. If that "expendable" player is Luongo for picks and prospects, even more so. Over 300 pages of CDC interest in the matter, a mass media frenzy, numerous articles on Luongo and a possible firing from The Mecca of hockey tends to say Luongo might not be as "expendable" as local fans might think.

Its obvious he is expendable or else why would be he be in trade conversation like this, usually u dont throw out huge names like this unless your willing to move them.

zackass.png

#1182 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

In Duthies tweet he said they likely wont make a move till the summer, and they have to do something with Bryz first, these factors along with what they would be will to give up, all add to why they dont seem like a likely trade partner

Yeah. While it's fun to speculate the Canucks getting Schenn or Couturier they're probably not going to get a deal done.

That said. I'm assuming Lu will be moved before training camp, so if Philly really wants him then.. They'll have to pull the trigger now.

Posted Image

#1183 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,444 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

For the hell of it:

Van - Simmonds, Bozak, Franson
Philly - Luongo, Komisarek
Toronto - Bryzgalov, Tanev, Raymond

Realistic.

to phi

luongo
edler
raymond

to van

couturier
coburn
leighton

picks to balance as necessary

That's a pretty darn good trade for us.

Here's my three way deal (as that is what has been suggested in the media):

To Toronto: Luongo, Raymond
To Philly: Kadri, Gardiner
To Vancouver: Couturier

Edited by Millerdraft, 10 January 2013 - 10:32 AM.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1184 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,432 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Its obvious he is expendable or else why would be he be in trade conversation like this, usually u dont throw out huge names like this unless your willing to move them.

Expendable to the Canucks =/= expendable in the entire league. We happen to have a surplus of starting goalies making one "expendable" from the Canucks point of view. For teams lacking or with a struggling #1 goalie, he's quite invaluable.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted Image

#1185 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,276 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Yeah. While it's fun to speculate the Canucks getting Schenn or Couturier they're probably not going to get a deal done.

That said. I'm assuming Lu will be moved before training camp, so if Philly really wants him then.. They'll have to pull the trigger now.

Exactly, Schenns, Couturier, Voracek all seem unlikely to me, they do need to make a move now but i doubt They will

zackass.png

#1186 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,276 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Here's my three way deal (as that is what has been suggested in the media):

To Toronto: Luongo, Raymond
To Philly: Kadri, Gardiner
To Vancouver: Couturier

This is probably the best one i have seen so far, Philly would need a return like Gardiner/Kadri to move Couturier, i do have my doubts as to if TOR will deal Gardiner though

zackass.png

#1187 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Gardiner still suffering concussion like symptoms?

Edited by Cromeslab, 10 January 2013 - 10:56 AM.

Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#1188 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

“@DarrenDreger: Jake Gardiner has passed his baseline test, but still has some concussion related symptoms. Getting better, but no time-frame for return.”
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#1189 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

I certainly don't call Luongo "expendable". Disgruntled yes but "expendable"? No. You don't give a rookie a repeat President's Trophy team with a closing window to a Stanley Cup, akin to giving a Ferrari 360 Mondena to a 16 year old; he'll crash it faster than you can pay for it.

The coach is to blame on that one. And that's if there if blame to be had outside of an utter lack of effort against the Kings; the eventual Stanley Cup winners.

As for Boston, the entire world was for Boston, even our own National Television outlet CBC turned out to be in favor of Boston, as well as most Vancouver media outlets. They who were not in favor of Boston to win, we're not shy of letting their skeptical opinion known on the matter. Hell most Vancouver media personalities aren't even from Vancouver and they're supposed to rally the troops for the win?

The Canucks didn't help themselves either with late hits, embellishment, finger biting, walking into a fully gelled house of hate and coming back out with a broken back. To me, the series was lost when Rome got suswnded for a hit as equally devastating as the Brown on Henrik hit, then with Alberts having to knock on the penalty door to get in and then again confirmed after Daniel was bitch slapped by a tweeter rookie protected by some of the biggest bulls on the market.

Blame Luongo? No! Get him a god damned nasty crease clearing 1D FFS and get the team some much needed toughness and secondary scoring.

The mentality of all for one and one for all MUST be there. It was there for Chicago, it was there for Boston and it definitely was there for L.A.

I think Luongo willingly giving the go ahead to open the door for a trade is more telling than the actual event; the wheels have fallen off the wagon in Vancouver from the net up.

If it went as it should, Hodgson would be playing 2C this year. But no. Kesler's pride came before the team. Now the Canucks have to go fish not only for a 3C but also a 2C and that is until Kesler comes back and takes his position by right at 2C? I don't think so. AV is also not the most agile media magician, he also has had many blunders that have hurt the team.

To me, Luongo is more than just a trade. It is the story of a franchise in disarray.

One way to calm down this entire fiasco is to trade Schneider for much needed help in front of the net, in scoring and/or toughness. I would certainly take the chance of winning a Cup with a known goaltender and the extra help, than a fresh rookie with 70 games experience.

It just makes absolutely no sense whatever.

To say Luongo is worth close to nothing, giving up on him like that, the season hasn't even started, the CBA is still pending ratification from the NHLPA and the media frenzy is already growing, now including "surprise" Philly. Well SURPRISE! It's Luongo we're talking about here. That's how much he's worth around the league. Only Vancouver fans don't get it.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 10 January 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#1190 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,444 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

This is probably the best one i have seen so far, Philly would need a return like Gardiner/Kadri to move Couturier, i do have my doubts as to if TOR will deal Gardiner though

Philly would probably want Gaunce to part with Couturier, tbh. As for Toronto re: Gardiner, I'm just going off the speculation that MLSE fired Burke over refusing to part w/ Gardiner in the package to get Luongo. It was the final straw, imo.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1191 DhillonCanuck

DhillonCanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

I certainly don't call Luongo "expendable". Disgruntled yes but "expendable"? No. You don't give a rookie a repeat President's Trophy team with a closing window to a Stanley Cup, akin to giving a Ferrari 360 Mondena to a 16 year old; he'll crash it faster than you can pay for it.

The coach is to blame on that one. And that's if there if blame to be had outside of an utter lack of effort against the Kings; the eventual Stanley Cup winners.

As for Boston, the entire world was for Boston, even our own National Television outlet CBC turned out to be in favor of Boston, as well as most Vancouver media outlets. They who were not in favor of Boston to win, we're not shy of letting their skeptical opinion on the matter.

The Canucks didn't help themselves either with late hits, embellishment, finger biting, walking into a fully gelled house of hate and coming back out with a broken back. To me, the series was lost when Alberts had to knock on the penalty door to get in and then confirmed after Daniel was bitch slapped by a tweeter rookie protected by some of the biggest bulls on the market.

Blame Luongo? No! Get him a god damned nasty crease clearing 1D FFS and get the team some much needed toughness and secondary scoring.

The mentality of all for one and one for all MUST be there. It was there for Chicago, it was there for Boston and it definitely was there for L.A.

I think Luongo willingly giving the go ahead to open the door for a trade is more telling than the actual event; the wheels have fallen off the wagon in Vancouver from the net up.

If it went as it should, Hodgson would be playing 2C this year. But no. Kesler's pride came before the team. Now the Canucks have to go fish not only for a 3C but also a 2C and that is until Kesler comes back and takes his position by right at 2C? I don't think so. AV is also not the most agile media magician, he also has had many blunders that have hurt the team.

To me, Luongo is more than just a trade. It is the story of a franchise in disarray.

One way to calm down this entire fiasco is to trade Schneider for much needed help in front of the net, in scoring and/or toughness. I would certainly take the chance of winning a Cup with a known goaltender and the extra help, than a fresh rookie with 70 games experience.

It just makes absolutely no sense whatever.

Lol Schneiders not a rookie he's 26 and guess when Luongo came here at 26.
Posted Image

#1192 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

If TOR is trying to get Luongo on the cheap- that is hilarious they turn to Buffalo- Buffalo would ask for grdiner and Kessel for Miller, he is truly their franchise player- not to mention emotional leader. Nonis is useless anyway.
I like Ian Esplen's proposal today of
Luongo, Raymond for Conolly, Reilly and a 2nd

#1193 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

Lol Schneiders not a rookie he's 26 and guess when Luongo came here at 26.

... And Luongo was already established. Careful what you wish for; it doesn't bode well for this team.

#1194 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

I am so sure Philly is ready to trade for an older mental case with a longer contract, and they cant buy Bryz out until after the season so you expect Philly to be thrilled to have Lu and Bryz on the same team?
I guess now with the new CBA a NTC and NMC are essentially the same, but with Bryz and his NMC, I think Lu would be much more likely to want to play in the centre of the universe more so than Bryz, so I doubt Bryz waives his NMC to go to Toronto.
To buy out Bryz to take on Lu would be outright stupidity because Lu and Bryz are equal right now.

#1195 DhillonCanuck

DhillonCanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

... And Luongo was already established. Careful what you wish for; it doesn't bode well for this team.

Even if Luongo does stay it doesn't mean anything because Schneider's starring and when he does you'll finally notice that he is established.
Posted Image

#1196 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

If TOR is trying to get Luongo on the cheap- that is hilarious they turn to Buffalo- Buffalo would ask for grdiner and Kessel for Miller, he is truly their franchise player- not to mention emotional leader. Nonis is useless anyway.
I like Ian Esplen's proposal today of
Luongo, Raymond for Conolly, Reilly and a 2nd

You think snake-bitten (litterally) Salo was injury prone? Check out Conolly. Might as well not have a 2C all season. He certainly won't make it to the playoffs after a long layoff via CBA negotiations and a shortened, more intense season.

#1197 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Even if Luongo does stay it doesn't mean anything because Schneider's starring and when he does you'll finally notice that he is established.

Conversely, you and many other frustrated fans might be surprised to see a close to 50-50 share of the goaltending duties for a whole season between Luongo and Schneider. Are you ready for that one?

#1198 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Yeah, Giguire would be a great backup for Schneider. Vokoun would be my #1 choice but Giguire is experienced and a Cup winner.

Schneider has about 70 NHL games to his credit and 4 or 5 playoff starts. He needs a veteran backup for support and guidance. Just an older guy to bounce things off when times aren't so good.

Yeah, Giguire would be a great backup for Schneider. Vokoun would be my #1 choice but Giguire is experienced and a Cup winner.

Schneider has about 70 NHL games to his credit and 4 or 5 playoff starts. He needs a veteran backup for support and guidance. Just an older guy to bounce things off when times aren't so good.

Schneider has his coach to mentor him, Rollie has more than enough experience, understands Schneider's game tobe able to support and fix things. Another goalie is NOT the right mentor.

#1199 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,037 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Credible?

Same question...

It seems odd that that would be that package they settle on - what with the news of Philly being involved, and Canucks asking Gardiner and Kadri..

This was 3 hours ago from Jennifer Benson:

Cancel The Parade! Post-Burke #Leafs drop #Luongo chase.#Nonnis in early talks with #Sabres for 2014-15 UFA #Miller. Who would you give up?

NEVER trust women!!

Buffalo WGR 550 Sports Radio confirms #Leafs contact #Sabresover 2014-15 UFA Goaltender Ryan Miller. Tune in & listenhttp://www.wgr550.com

Pretty sure Buffalo is gonna resign Ryan Miller..

You think this a hardball move by Nonis to try and show GMMG that there are other options outside of Lu?

This 'source' was already discredited a few days ago and is not valid. She has a stock photo as her avatar and isn't actually listed on the Toronto Sun site as a columnist.

Edited by elvis15, 10 January 2013 - 11:19 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1200 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,276 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

I am so sure Philly is ready to trade for an older mental case with a longer contract, and they cant buy Bryz out until after the season so you expect Philly to be thrilled to have Lu and Bryz on the same team?
I guess now with the new CBA a NTC and NMC are essentially the same, but with Bryz and his NMC, I think Lu would be much more likely to want to play in the centre of the universe more so than Bryz, so I doubt Bryz waives his NMC to go to Toronto.
To buy out Bryz to take on Lu would be outright stupidity because Lu and Bryz are equal right now.

No i dont expect them to trade for Lu while with Bryz, if u read my previous posts i have stated that i doubt they make a move for Lu until the offseason, if at all.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.