The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Calgary Flames Thread - 12/13 Edition

4-0 for the Blues after the 1st period......

Well Ken King is a man of his word. He told fans at the beginning of the year that the best way to apologize to the fans was by there performance on the ice. And there play has certainly pleased the fans..... of the opposing teams :lol:

Gotta agree with Sven here, I've always thought J-Bo was only putting up sh*t offensive stats because of Sutter. He's a 40 point defenseman who can eat big minutes, he PROVED that in Florida.

The thing is, 3 years is a long time to be 'handcuffed', so I'll be surprised if he can return to the level he once was at.

As a Hartley fan boy, I'm hoping CGY slips into the playoffs under him.

Jay Boumeester is 20th on the Flames with a -20.9 relative corsi.

On the other hand, he gets the second least offensive zone starts (36.1%) and only Giordano faces a stronger quality of competition, so I wouldn't say his relative corsi numbers are terrible, but are not impressive either.

I'm not sure I'd say he's broken out into 'awesome' because of 3 goals, but he does eat big minutes and plays a good positional defensive game, but I think he'll have to turn those 3 goals into 12 or 15 before he can be taken off the shortlist of most overinflated cap hits in the NHL.

Jay Boumeester is 20th on the Flames with a -20.9 relative corsi.

On the other hand, he gets the second least offensive zone starts (36.1%) and only Giordano faces a stronger quality of competition, so I wouldn't say his relative corsi numbers are terrible, but are not impressive either.

I'm not sure I'd say he's broken out into 'awesome' because of 3 goals, but he does eat big minutes and plays a good positional defensive game, but I think he'll have to turn those 3 goals into 12 or 15 before he can be taken off the shortlist of most overinflated cap hits in the NHL.

All that write up with little to no substance for your argument, good job :lol:

One thing that Flames fans can't criticize is JBo's defence and his ability to eat big minutes, but I'm sure a stat guru like you wouldn't understand anything beyond points.

He's been awesome THIS YEAR because he's jumping into the play and creating chances.

typical ignorant hater :bored:

Flames' Giordano to have hearing for slew foot vs. Stars:

The National Hockey League will hold a disciplinary hearing on Tuesday for Calgary Flames defenceman Mark Giordano for a slew foot that took place on Sunday against the Dallas Stars.

TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie tweeted that it can be safely deduced that Girodano will be, at most, fined and not suspended. McKenzie wrote that if a suspension were possible, Giordano would not have played on Monday night in Calgary's game against the Phoenix Coyotes.

Giordano has one goal and two assists in 13 games for the Flames this season. The 29-year-old blueliner has never been suspended by the NHL before.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416327&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

To think where the Flames were in 2004 to now is just sad. They were such a feared and hated team. Then Phaneuf started to decline and the trade that ruined everything happened.

Is that to say that Phaneuf held the team together? Absolutley not. But that was the beginning of the end. Everytime I see them play now, they just look like they are going through the motions.

It's one thing to knowingly go through a full on rebuild.  Your fans are ready for it and the team that the organization is icing looks "green." It looks like Feaster is trying to ice something competitive, but none of the parts are working out. It's just really sad.

Archived