The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Calgary Flames Thread - 12/13 Edition

Iginla is my favourite player and so by extension I have a soft spot for the Flames, but I am not very optimistic about this season. I think Feaster has fallen into the same error as Burke in Toronto. He has refused to trade away some key assets (e.g. Kiprusoff) and he has made some splashy moves by signing middle-aged players like Hudler and Wideman while failing to pick up some high draft picks. I think these were band-aid moves.

Ive had the same experience on calgarypuck during the Canucks cup run for defending the Canucks and being excited for our team. I got banned cause of one night where I partied downtown late after Vancouver beat San Jose to get to the cup finals, I just explained how crazy it was downtown and I guess those losers on calgarypuck couldn't handle it.

If this guy or other flames fans are coming onto our boards and saying stuff like "7uongo", (lame, kirprusoffs had a couple 9 goals against games), then its fair game for us to say stuff like Kiprusieve

I swear, Calgary Puck gets mentioned in this thread more often than anything else! Kinda sad really.

Also, to all the people "shocked" that there's a Flames thread, there has been one for the past few years now. Since 08 if I remember correctly.

I can't wait for some Calgary/Vancouver games so that the real bickering can start! Need Schneider to have a crap game so that we can come up with a nickname for him too... :bigblush:

Ive had the same experience on calgarypuck during the Canucks cup run for defending the Canucks and being excited for our team. I got banned cause of one night where I partied downtown late after Vancouver beat San Jose to get to the cup finals, I just explained how crazy it was downtown and I guess those losers on calgarypuck couldn't handle it.

If this guy or other flames fans are coming onto our boards and saying stuff like "7uongo", (lame, kirprusoffs had a couple 9 goals against games), then its fair game for us to say stuff like Kiprusieve

I swear, Calgary Puck gets mentioned in this thread more often than anything else! Kinda sad really.

Also, to all the people "shocked" that there's a Flames thread, there has been one for the past few years now. Since 08 if I remember correctly.

I can't wait for some Calgary/Vancouver games so that the real bickering can start! Need Schneider to have a crap game so that we can come up with a nickname for him too... :bigblush:

I appreciate the support mate but I don't know if we're a lot better. The centre position is still one of the weakest in the league and is quite unproven with Cervenka essentially being the only true centre slotted in the top 6. Not to mention, faceoffs is still a major problem.

Hartley has stressed that he's going with two forecheckers and wants a more up-tempo, puck possession game. How he plans to do that while winning 40% of the faceoffs is beyond me but it is sure going to take a lot of hard skating, inefficient hockey. But hey, I'm no coach so what do I know.

I do like the D though and I think Backlund and Baertschi are both going to play well. And I'm also excited to watch Tangs, Cammy and Iggy play together. The success of that line really rests on Tangs doing a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of creating plays though I'm expecting Iggy to help a bit on that front. If Tangs centres that line, as has been the news from the practices, then I could see Cammy parking himself in between the goalie and the hashmarks and really create space for Iggy and Tangs to work their magic.

I can't wait for some Calgary/Vancouver games so that the real bickering can start! Need Schneider to have a crap game so that we can come up with a nickname for him too...

Goin to be same story different year for the flames. Goin to be in the hunt only to miss by a couple points and get a mid pick while they could tear it down and get a top 5 pick seeing how this draft has a pretty solid prospects. Also what's with cervenka I have a feeling he isn't going to live up to the hype of being a topsix player. If I was a flames fan I'd be worried about getting nothing for Iginla if he leaves to persuit a cup and come to Vancouver. Wouldn't that be funny would flames hate the canucks with iggy lol.

First you give me a warning for not trolling. Then you troll another forum member in the very next sentence? Hypocrisy much?

Baertschi was out with an upper body injury. Possibly a concussion. But he came back and played in the AHL already before the lockout was announced to be over. So I think he should be fine and ready for training camp.

Archived