The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Remaining UFA and RFA for 2013

Lui's Knob

Awesome, let's forget about the one guy we actually could use.

Kristian Huselius.

Lapierre/Manny > Arnott (the guy is huge and old, slower than Hodgson)

Vandermeer? He'd just be a down-grade on Rome. (Forgetting about Joslin/Mullen, yeah they suck but Vandermeer ain't much better, just another wasted contract)

Huselius is someone we actually need for our top-6.

All depends on what we get from Toronto though.

I'm not sure why everyone is jumping all over Arnott, there are some other options avaliable.

Hecht

Morrison

Langkow

Personally I would choose Langkow.

Also Huselius (If he is willing to come over and play, after all he did sign in the SEL and might want to stay there) Would be a solid pickup if we don't get anyone in return for Lu and no one grabs that 2W spot.

I'm not sure why everyone is jumping all over Arnott, there are some other options avaliable.

Hecht

Morrison

Langkow

Personally I would choose Langkow.

Also Huselius (If he is willing to come over and play, after all he did sign in the SEL and might want to stay there) Would be a solid pickup if we don't get anyone in return for Lu and no one grabs that 2W spot.

Awesome, let's forget about the one guy we actually could use.

Kristian Huselius.

Lapierre/Manny > Arnott (the guy is huge and old, slower than Hodgson)

Vandermeer? He'd just be a down-grade on Rome. (Forgetting about Joslin/Mullen, yeah they suck but Vandermeer ain't much better, just another wasted contract)

Huselius is someone we actually need for our top-6.

All depends on what we get from Toronto though.

Huselius is injured, and we already have enough wingers like him.

Arnott is 6'5" 220 pounds, and scored 17 goals last season. He's also a grizzled veteran leader. Something this team doesn't have, but needs.

Lappy/Manny >>> Arnott? No chance.

Vandermeer may be a downgrade over Rome, but he's an upgrade over Alberts. And unlike either of those guys, he can fight and clear the crease. Which again, is something this team needs.

People here would be fairly disappointed with how Arnott is playing these days. Because he's lost a step, his minutes need to be sheltered. You could put with with the twins, i suppose. But as far as replacing Kesler? Hahaha. No. But i don't think he's coming here, so it's moot.

If we're getting legit help at center, it would be through a trade, or from within.

When we don't get the help we need and the losses start piling up, oh boy, the we shouldn't have traded Coho talk will hit the bigtime. This is why the 'he was a cancer' angle will being shilled from day 1 this season.

Hopefully things will work out. Far more confident in Gillis with this scenario than i ever was with Tommi Santala's number one fan, Dave Nonuts Nonis.

Malhotra > Arnott?? You're kidding me right? He might be 38 years old, but he can still play the game and not just take faceoffs.

Vandermeer will not be a regular on the Canucks if we do sign him, he's a depth defenceman to call up against rough teams. He is a downgrade on Rome but not by much, i'd put him ahead of Alberts on our depth chart.

We desperately need someone like him in the blueline to clear the crease, Bieksa cant play top 4 minutes and fight at the same time.

Vandermeer would be a good addition to our soft team...

Name one winger beside Daniel that can pass the puck like Huselius, exactly.

Sorry, but i don't trust Arnott at all against the 3C's on other teams. Too big, too slow. Arnott's stats are also inflated from playing with such a defensive sound team. He's way too big, i'd much rather have Lapierre as our 3c, y'know, someone who knows how to skate and has speed.

Except we have a surplus of wingers already, we don't need anymore.

Daniel, Burrows, Higgins, Booth, Raymond, Hansen, Kassian.

And if we're talking about regular season, Huselius would be great. He would probably score quite a few points on this team. If we're talking playoffs, a softer, smaller, injury prone player like him will disappear.

We've tried the formula of having skilled wingers for the playoffs, it doesn't work. It's been proven time and time again that you need size and you need sandpaper to win in the playoffs. The game slows down in the playoffs, and the checking gets tighter and tighter as you move along.

Arnott may be slower, but if he's put with two faster players like Higgins, Raymond, or Hansen, his defensive game woukd not be an issue. He's got size and knows how to go to the net, which is a critical requirement for the playoffs. He's also a leader, which this team has been lacking at times from anyone but the Sedins.

Huselius is injured, and we already have enough wingers like him.

Arnott is 6'5" 220 pounds, and scored 17 goals last season. He's also a grizzled veteran leader. Something this team doesn't have, but needs.

Lappy/Manny >>> Arnott? No chance.

Vandermeer may be a downgrade over Rome, but he's an upgrade over Alberts. And unlike either of those guys, he can fight and clear the crease. Which again, is something this team needs.

Except we have a surplus of wingers already, we don't need anymore.

Daniel, Burrows, Higgins, Booth, Raymond, Hansen, Kassian.

And if we're talking about regular season, Huselius would be great. He would probably score quite a few points on this team. If we're talking playoffs, a softer, smaller, injury prone player like him will disappear.

We've tried the formula of having skilled wingers for the playoffs, it doesn't work. It's been proven time and time again that you need size and you need sandpaper to win in the playoffs. The game slows down in the playoffs, and the checking gets tighter and tighter as you move along.

Arnott may be slower, but if he's put with two faster players like Higgins, Raymond, or Hansen, his defensive game woukd not be an issue. He's got size and knows how to go to the net, which is a critical requirement for the playoffs. You think guys like Byflugien or Holmstrom are fast players? Not at all, but guess what? They both have cup rings.

He's also a leader, which this team has been lacking at times from anyone but the Sedins.

Well, he got a full season to return to his previous form (which was??) and looked worse than ever.

Put him against Toews and Kane against faceoff right? because the only thing Malhotra shutsdown is his wingers.

The only year in which size won the cup was last year. And ever then not really, Brown was the only "big" physical guy that threw out hits. For Boston, it was mostly their defense, Lucic, and their entire 4th line. (And Marchand, but not really cause he's just dirty).

Hawks, Penguins, Wings all won the cup with skilled wingers. Not big bodies. (Chicago had Byfuglien, that's it).

And if you're talking about leadership, then i honestly don't know where you're coming from.

Malhotra, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Luongo, Kesler.. All leaders. If that list ain't big enough, then well that's just kinda silly.

lol

Byfuglien played with Toews and Kane. Two of the best NHL players in the game. Holmstrom played with Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the powerplay.

Arnott will not be getting any time with the Sedins. Unless he's going to stand infront of the net, which is ridiculous.

Size doesn't win cups huh? You're kidding right?

So Kopitar, Carter, Penner, Greene, and Mitchell had no impact on the Kings cup win?

Horton, Lucic, Thorton, Chara, Boychuk, McQuaid, had no impact?

Toews, Seabrook, Ladd, Byflugien, Hjalmarsson, nothing?

I won't even go into the Ducks, because that's just obvious. All you have to do is look at Pronger, Perry, and Getzlaf to know that they won with size and toughness.

If you don't think you need size in the playoffs, I don't know which playoffs you've been watching. I guess Gillis trading Hodgson for Kassian didn't mean anything, right? He knows we need size, I'm surprised everyone doesn't know that.

Luongo is likely gone, Malhotra may never be the same player again, and Kesler has stepped up at times, but other times he has completely disappeared. And I'm not just talking about leadership on the ice, I'm talking about leadership off the ice. Arnott has a proven track record of being a leader, and has a cup ring to go along with it.

Anyone would be crazy to not want a player like him in the playoffs. Especially as a depth player on a cheap contract.

Archived