Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

What is the difference between Sno White Eggs and Lucerne Eggs at Safeway?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Honestly, when I first saw this thread I thought it was a joke.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#32 Five For Fighting

Five For Fighting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

I get most of my groceries south of the boarder. I spend half as much as I used to. Seriously $1 for 2L of milk is insane!
Posted Image

#33 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,725 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

I get most of my groceries south of the boarder. I spend half as much as I used to. Seriously $1 for 2L of milk is insane!

If you're buying milk in the US, spend the extra to get organic milk. There "regular" stuff is full of growth hormones, trace antibiotics etc.

It's less of an issue in Canada as we have more stringent regulations as to what Dairy farmers are allowed in their milk but the US allows/encourages a chemical soup in their cows/milk.

Edited by J.R., 06 February 2013 - 10:14 AM.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,233 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

you can actually get it over here??? eww.

all Filipino shops (sari-sari stores) sell them. they're not that bad unless they are older (cheaper) ones. it's not much of a concern over here, as they are typically fairly young (no crunchy bits) and the quality is usually high, but in the Philippines you buy them from street vendors who constantly try to screw you over by selling their older more developed eggs as young eggs. that doesn't happen over here, because you know where you are buying them from and if they screw you over, you'll stop going there.

#35 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,233 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

well at least you won't keel over from clogged arteries.

because bacon's the only way to get those...

#36 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,233 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

also, if you can buy your eggs directly from the farm, it's always the best, and cheapest.

#37 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

We get Rabbit River Farms brown eggs and I hate them (but, hubby is sweet enough to always do the grocery shopping, so I won't complain). But, the brown eggs often have dots of blood or clumps of something and even though I read it's harmless, I always picture a poor dead baby bird when I crack them open.
Posted Image

#38 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,233 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

We get Rabbit River Farms brown eggs and I hate them (but, hubby is sweet enough to always do the grocery shopping, so I won't complain). But, the brown eggs often have dots of blood or clumps of something and even though I read it's harmless, I always picture a poor dead baby bird when I crack them open.

i LOVE/prefer farm fresh brown eggs, and every egg eaten is a baby bird not hatched, I don't see how you could make a distinction that it's not...

#39 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

i LOVE/prefer farm fresh brown eggs, and every egg eaten is a baby bird not hatched, I don't see how you could make a distinction that it's not...

I know it's not a baby bird, it just gives me that visual and churns my stomach.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.