13 replies to this topic

#1 enjaya

enjaya

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Pretty much any interview with Roberto Luongo is bound to be packed with cliches and mindless rhetoric. However, recently all we have been hearing is how he has handled this situation with such class and dignity.

The thing that struck me though, is how he keeps repeating that he wants whatever is best for the team.

He's either going to be traded or he is not.... why would he care whats best for the Canucks?

If he is traded we instantly become his enemy. So if he "just wants to do whats best for the team" that must mean he wants to stay here.

Just wish he would cut to the chase sometimes and stop feeding the BS.

Edited by enjaya, 13 January 2013 - 09:59 PM.

In Russia... we never heard of... Stanley Cup.
-Pavel Bure

#2 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

He just cares. It's OK.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#3 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,775 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

He was asked - by some idiot in the Vancouver media - right after the loss to the Kings - if he would waive his no trade clause.
That is the axis of the whole matter. That is his answer. Can you think of a better one?

#4 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

POPULAR

I don't even care who is in net and who has dignity anymore I just want to win.

Talking about this crap is so dam annoying already.

Can't wait to drink pilsner and eat Doritos during HNIC while my wife does the dishes and cusses me out.

Edited by Noheart, 13 January 2013 - 10:10 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#5 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I feel like to some people, this matters more than what actually happens on the ice.

#6 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Can't wait to drink pilsner and eat Doritos during HNIC while my wife does the dishes and cusses me out.

VITAMIN P!

#7 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,532 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Hockey,the sport of endless cliche's that we all know are corny and repetitively devoid of any real information but we all still seem to miss them as much as fresh fallen snow on Christmas eve.

Edited by nuck nit, 13 January 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#8 Teen Icarus

Teen Icarus

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Hockey,the sport of endless cliche's that we all know are corny and repetitively devoid of any real information but we all still seem to miss them as much as fresh fallen snow on Christmas eve.

Well, hockey's still got less lies and cliches than politics...

But I think Luongo doesn't want to be around if people don't want him around - thus doing whatever is best for the team.
Spoiler

#9 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

I still don't understand how "I want to do what is best for the team" ends up being "I want to stay here"...I guess Canucks fans don't expect someone who they crucified to still support the team. Why shouldn't he care about the team after he leaves? His buddies are all playing here and I'm sure Luongo has a soft spot for the Canucks after playing here for six years.

Luongo is a classy guy and he clearly doesn't want to ruin the Canucks' reputation. He could easily pull a Shane O'Brien (or more recently, Brent Burns) and publicly lash out at the team in a manner that makes players think twice about signing in Vancouver.

And even though he chooses not to do so, fans still hate him because he "wants to do what is best for the team"??? Classic Canucks fans :picard: It is starting to make me feel ashamed to be a Canucks fan. Someone who saved the Canucks' current stars butts when they were developing is now being run out of the city because he played poorly in a few playoff games (even though his teammates did nothing to help him :sadno: ).

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#10 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

amen brother, heres to a spring season full of angry wives!

#11 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Well said Noheart...here's wishing your pint is frosty cold, you have some some five layer dip for your Doritos, a comfortable recliner or sectional, and a big screen tv with high def/surround sound to dull the the wrath of all hockey widows in Canuck nation.

The happiest person in Canuck nation when Luongo gets traded will be my wife because she won't have to hear my profanities when Bobby Lou lets in a soft one (she doesn't understand my rants towards Luongo, especially since she knows I am a big fan of his most of the time).

The only time my wife showed any compassion for me during the hockey season was the night of Game 7 of Stanley Cup Finals in 2011. I was returning from a business trip from NYC, and when I landed around midnight, I had a text from her where she expressed her concerns that, on the account of the riot, access to our Yaletown townhouse was blocked off...she was afraid that the cab I was in was going to get looted and lit on fire. Granville Bridge was blocked off, but thankfully I was able to make it home via Quebec Street and Expo Blvd./Pacific Street. It warmed my heart that she was worried about me....but it was a one-off.

#12 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

I'm with you, buddy. I can't even look at another Luongo trade proposal without that salty bile coming up into my mouth. Game on!

#13 BURE ERA

BURE ERA

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

of course he wants to stay here why would he sign a 12 year contract if he didnt?
i want him to stay and ill be a sad man if he does leave.

#14 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,092 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.