Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canucks_4_Cup

Rick Ball + Kelly Hrudy to call HNIC late games

53 posts in this topic

Hockey Night in Canada is finally getting a much-needed makeover. Rick Ball and Kelly Hrudey will takeover calling the main 7:00pm Pacific/10:00pm Eastern game on many weeks this season. Scott Oake will continue to report rinkside and host After Hours for the second game of CBC’s doubleheader. Jim Hughson, Craig Simpson and Glenn Healy will continue to call the 7:00pm Eastern Toronto Maple Leafs broadcast most weeks. Bob Cole and Garry Galley will mostly do Canadiens and Senators games. CBC has demoted Mark Lee to Winnipeg Jets regional broadcasts, where he will work with Greg Millen. Dean Brown also remains with CBC to call selected games. CBC will only have four games twice this season, however, on Hockey Day in Canada and again on April 6. Kevin Weekes will also stay with Hockey Night in a new role.

Rick Ball. Love that choice.

Kelly Hrudey...not so much.

Good luck with Mark Lee, Jets fans. He's a bonehead.

A much needed change. No Lee and Weekes was one of the few positives over the lockout

HAHA... love that... "CBC has demoted Mark Lee to Winnipeg Jets regional broadcasts, where he will work with Greg Millen." Those poor Jets fans. They get sloppy fourths.

I love Hughson, but it definitely is an upgrade over Lee.

Anything's an upgrade over Mark Lee and "Goalie of the Future" Kevin Weekes (though to be fair, Weekes was getting better over time)

I love Kevin Weekes. The idiot is his partner on after hours, Scott Oake. I have no clue how he manages to keep his job.

I would love to see Shorty. I think it's only a matter of time Shorthouse gets the gig, he's better the Ball. Perhaps he turned it down to stick with Canucks for now.

Better than Lee but I want Hughson!

Mark Lee is the worst thing to happen to sports broadcasting since, well... can't really think of anything worse

Kevin Weekes' bonehead comments won't be missed

"See how the player crossed over the line before the puck, that's called an 'offside'."

I love Kevin Weekes. The idiot is his partner on after hours, Scott Oake. I have no clue how he manages to keep his job.

I would love to see Shorty. I think it's only a matter of time Shorthouse gets the gig, he's better the Ball. Perhaps he turned it down to stick with Canucks for now.

Oh god thank you. No more Mark Lee. I literally fell asleep to a couple of Canucks games last year because his voice was just that boring

I love Hughson, but it definitely is an upgrade over Lee.