The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth out 4 to 6 weeks

hockeyville88

Most modern men believe chicken,turkeys and beef comes from Safeway.

I worked in the meat industry for some eight years so I can attest to the civility of having animals killed with precision.

Here in Indonesia they throw their cats on the streets as kittens to die.There are no shelters and in this town of 30,000 people there is not one pet food store.

Chickens are brought home from the market and slaughtered.

You can buy monkeys in the market,which the wealthy eat the brains.Imagine ripping off a fried monkey's arm for dinner? Hmmmm.

Imagine something to eat? A dog or a cat,a monkey or a whatever.They are slaughtering them here.

I have seen locals dropping young chickens off their motorbikes and dragging them as they die.

Pigs are slaughtered on this end of Bali.One can hear the cries of the pigs as they are slaughtered as a common occurance.

I invite all CDC members that think a precision kill shot for food is barbaric to come and spend a week in tropical paradise.

I`m not sure OP what you mean about him rubbing everyone the wrong way with his character..... I have seen absolutely nothing wrong with it. It seems like he has fit in well with the guys, not that we can really tell of course. I think he is a great guy, and while this injury is obviously a setback it will be good to slot in some of our younger players! Now maybe Kassian has a legitimate chance to fight for a 2nd line role

Initially thought this was your Schroeder confession,but,alas,no.

Let's look at how the Canucks d men that were here last year actually performed in the goal scoring category.

Tanev-0 goals

Alberts -2 goals

Ballard -1 goal

Bieksa - 8 goals

Edler-11 goals

Out of the 234 goals the Canucks scored all of last year the d men that are still here from last year scored 22 goals.

Ehrhoff potted 14 goals/36 assists two years ago and led all Canucks d men in PP goals,reg. goals,assists and points.

Sami potted 9 goals/16 assists last year and led all Canucks d men in PP goals.

This is a stupid comment. Just grow up and deal with it. If a reporter asks him a question like how he deal with his unjury blah blah blah, then why wouldn`t he talk about how he dealt with it? For someone like him, obviously his faith strengthened him and kept him motivated or whatever. And good for him. He is the one being asked, its not even like he is forcing anything on anyone. I find it funny how people don`t like hearing about God, its about how it relates to him! No one is asking us the questions, when they do then you can say what you want.

I don't hear the agnostics or atheists of the NHL answering questions with "god' in them when being interviewed, Booth should do the same and keep his beliefs to himself.

Better yet, maybe a player who is an atheist one day should just say in an interview he got this far in the game because he wasn't hauled off to church by his parents every Sunday morning and had more time to practice.

He was here for a partial season (albeit the whole season but the first month). New team, new conference, new time zone, new climate. This is not an easy transition for everyone. He was looking better every game and then got injured.

This was going to be a new season, fresh start. Then the lockout happened. After that then the short camp came and he got injured. These things happen. He skated 4-5 times a week during the lockout. He is a work out fiend. He is not Dustin Bfugylien.

I hope he returns soon and healthy. We need him whether or not people like him. I just hope that once he is healthy he can become the ~50-60pts player we want him to be. Otherwise, yes his $4mil contract is too much. Unfortunately, we may have to wait yet another year to truly find out thanks to Bettman and Fehr.

Christians reference God in everything they do because to them God is the source/power behind everything they do. Atheism and Agnostics do not have any entity with which gives them the power or source of something to do something. Booth happens to be a Christian, good for him. Kesler seems to not be, good for him. They talk in a different manner yet still get along just fine. Why do we judge someone if they get along just fine with the people who actually know anything about them?

Initially thought this was your Schroeder confession,but,alas,no.

Let's look at how the Canucks d men that were here last year actually performed in the goal scoring category.

Tanev-0 goals

Alberts -2 goals

Ballard -1 goal

Bieksa - 8 goals

Edler-11 goals

Out of the 234 goals the Canucks scored all of last year the d men that are still here from last year scored 22 goals.

Ehrhoff potted 14 goals/36 assists two years ago and led all Canucks d men in PP goals,reg. goals,assists and points.

Sami potted 9 goals/16 assists last year and led all Canucks d men in PP goals.

Considering hunting and religion are both fully legal, I could care less what he's doing with his spare time. If you don't like his twitter account, don't follow it. Twitter is a way to express yourself, that's what he's doing. Although I think his religious stuff is misguided, he seems like a good guy I admire him for being genuine. He doesn't seem to be forcing his views or his hunting pictures on anyone. It seems like sometimes some fans judge a players on ice abilities by things like community service or interviews or whatever. If his hunting interfered with his training, that would be a problem, but according to AV he's in good shape and may have even overtrained.

Archived