Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChrisCo!

How many games do you think Roberto Luongo will play this season?

How many games do you think Luongo will play this season?   109 votes

1. 1. How many games do you think Luongo will play this season?

• 0-6
    • 6-12
    • 12-18
    • 18-24
    • 24+

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

63 posts in this topic

If we don't trade him he will play close to half. Somewhere around 20.

But he'll likely be traded at some point.

This is a difficult one... Lou is known to be a slow starter and the lockout will not help him. He has also looked poor if has to much rest in mid season. I problem I see is without getting the time to warm up with a few soft games he may not get a lot of games, and do we want to let him play poor just to get his game back? I think not trading Lou before the season starts could hurt Lou's trade value a lot. An intermittently playing Lou could be a very bad thing, he's at his best when he gets a run of games and he will not get that this year. Trade him now.

Im gonnna say 14 if he doesn't get traded before tomorrow.

I think it's either 0 or 15-18. If he's not traded by Saturdays game time I believe he's here for the season. At 3-4 games a week this season it may be a good time to have a 1a and a 1b, If you can get Schneider and Luongo to buy into it for one more year I have no problem with it.

I think he'll get 18 games assuming he's on the team for the whole season.

9W, 6L, 3OTL, 2.61 GAA, .912 SV%, 1 SO. Slow start factored in.

Schneider is definatey going to start the season. I believe AV will play the best goalie. If Schneider has a bad game or two, AV will go with Luongo. And when that happens if Luongo can put a strong run together, he will play. But his leash will be very short, if he bombs then AV wont hesitate he will go bacfk to Schneider.

Schneider will start saturday, the interesting question is will he also start Sunday, or will Luongo? If Schneider starts both I think it is a good indication of how many games Luongo will get this year.

I think he'll get 18 games assuming he's on the team for the whole season.

9W, 6L, 3OTL, 2.61 GAA, .912 SV%, 1 SO. Slow start factored in.

If anything, our goalies will get more shutouts than usual because of the style we're gonna have to play.

but not lu esp. in 10 games

It will be pretty evenly split to keep Schneider fresh. Right up until Lu gets traded at the deadline!

You think Lu can't get a shutout? WTF are you smoking? He is one season removed from getting 4 in the playoffs. Give your head a shake and stop slurping up the BS that Luongo is not a great goalie.

He has 33 shutouts in 310 games as a Canuck and averages a shutout every 12 games over his entire career. He had 5 shutouts in 55 games last year, Schneider had 3 in 33.

I think predicting 1 shutout in 10 games is par for the course.

I agree with you. If Schneider will play both of Saturday and Sunday game, Lu will be sit on bench usually unless he gets trade

its about current stats not alltime

if it were alltime he'd be elite rite now better than lundqvist