Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

The real issue. Why is this so hard to see?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#31 riske1

riske1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

When you are punched in the face 6 times in a row by Brad Marchand the officiating is clearly incompetent. That's not a situation you need to base things around because it only happens when the officiating is completely Mickey Mouse.

This is a typical *Liberal* type of response. Success is determined by actions taken by the individual and not reliance on someone else to solve you promblems for you. Standing up for yourself is not only inspiring it is a huge part of team building. Counting on the referees to protect you is a cowards approach IMHO.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

#32 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Homer Hall Of Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,367 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

The reason why they scored 7 goals wasn't because of the defence or goaltending IMO. The Canucks don't have a captain that is capable of lighting a fire under the teams ars's!! They submit under the slightest bit of pressure. Tell me how that radiates confidence through out the team

There are different types of captains.

Hank leads by example. There is no ego involved and by being the best he can be by training hard and working hard, he sets the bar. He's one of the best in the league, how can you find fault in him?

If being a leading scorer consistently in the league doesn't instill some sense of confidence, then I don't know what will. Hank is a skill player, not a crasher and banger. I just don't know how you find fault there....

^"Counting on the referees to protect you...." - it's not that as much as counting on them to do their jobs. In the past, it's been problematic as there is no overall consistency. Saw a bit of it (again) last night, when a pretty blatant cross check on Burr face first into the boards never got called. Sure, human error means they'll miss stuff - but the tone was set some time ago that we can't get away with any payback type punishment, so it became a suck it up mentality. That's not due to weakness, it's discipline.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#33 Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

So... we need a captain that will run around, bang bodies through the boards and into the stands, turn around and punch anyone who touches him, score 7 goals per game while standing on his own defensive zone defending, will beat the crap out of his own teammates on the bench when they don't perform, and be the meanest sunofagun ever to play the sport.

Got it.

Edited by Rick 2.0, 20 January 2013 - 10:46 AM.

Posted Image
[Why 2.0? Because after 9 years, I lost my password and email... huzzah]

#34 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Too much swede and too much americans.

Said it before and I'll say it again, if the twins bring us a cup, I will eat a puck.

And choke on it, hopefully.

Disclaimer: In no way do I genuinely wish death upon this poster.

#35 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 20,106 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Too much swede and too much americans.

Said it before and I'll say it again, if the twins bring us a cup, I will eat a puck.

So your "noble spirit" includes belittling the men of entire nations?

Would you like a side of fries with that?

#36 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Swedes win Presidents Trophies, Canadians win Stanley Cups.

Go ask Ottawa.

Edited by scottiecanuck, 20 January 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#37 CCF4E

CCF4E

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Swedes win Presidents Trophies, Canadians win Stanley Cups.

Go ask Ottawa.

Detroit did pretty well with Lidstrom as a captain.
Posted Image

Ehrhoff isn't from europe....

#38 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

^"Counting on the referees to protect you...." - it's not that as much as counting on them to do their jobs. In the past, it's been problematic as there is no overall consistency. Saw a bit of it (again) last night, when a pretty blatant cross check on Burr face first into the boards never got called. Sure, human error means they'll miss stuff - but the tone was set some time ago that we can't get away with any payback type punishment, so it became a suck it up mentality. That's not due to weakness, it's discipline.

Come on. Complaints about the referees already?

And why can't we get away with any type of "payback-type punishment"? Honestly, why? Daniel Sedin gets cheap-shotted by Duncan Keith, and the game carries on merrily as if not a single wrong was done. It's pathetic. The very next shift, Lapierre, Wiese, Alberts, whoever, should've gone and tried to take Kane's head off, blatantly. That's hockey. Hockey isn't diving and "easing back" to try and get PPs. That's why these cheap shots always happen to the Canucks - because the other teams are aware that there's no pushback! Who's a deterrent? Zack Kassian? :lol:

#39 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

When you are punched in the face 6 times in a row by brad marchand in the cup finals, and you have an A or C on your chest, and you don't do a frickin thing back to him, its moments like that when I worry about the teams ability to battle their way to the cup. We need some sort of physical intimidation. Otherwise we will just get walked all over. Time and time again.

its a joke....for years now. fans are like broken record,

Sedin speed bagged by a midget and unanswered ?

Then the next year Duncan Keith cheapshot unanswered ?

That was the death of the franchise in its current form.

Kassian looks uninterested or unwilling ....Volpatti ? Not really a heavyweight.

Here we go again but at least we got Jim Vandermeer watching from the press box.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#40 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

When you are punched in the face 6 times in a row by Brad Marchand the officiating is clearly incompetent. That's not a situation you need to base things around because it only happens when the officiating is completely Mickey Mouse.

When u refuse to defend your best assets you lose.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#41 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

It doesn't take a goon to beat the crap outta Duncan Keith. Half our team could do that.

#42 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

It would be nice if the Sedins could excel more in tight checking physical playoff type games. But not having a very good second line doesn't help things.

#43 OmgOmgOm_g

OmgOmgOm_g

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

When you are punched in the face 6 times in a row by brad marchand in the cup finals, and you have an A or C on your chest, and you don't do a frickin thing back to him, its moments like that when I worry about the teams ability to battle their way to the cup. We need some sort of physical intimidation. Otherwise we will just get walked all over. Time and time again.

take a penalty by retaliating? What a way to lead the team.
made you look

#44 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 28,559 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

That's funny because I thought we lost the Cup finals because we couldn't win on the road, and the whole team didn't show up on game 7?

I also thought we lost against the Kings because they outscored us, and AV didn't want to make adjustments for us losing a top winger.

During the Canucks cup run in 94' I don't recall Odjick being even dressed in the finals.

How many fights do you see in the playoffs? How often lately do you see goon even dressed in the playoffs?

Our problem is we're predictable. We're trying that stupid drop pass thing. And our forwards and defense don't work properly as a unit in our defensive zone. Yes we need 1-2 top six forwards, but those aren't like buying apples at a grocery store.
We need to get back to basics. Short simple passes, get lots of pucks on the net. Look for rebounds, and goalies out of position.
We need to have the forwards and defense work to clear the zone, and back each other up. Players are chasing the puck, and getting caught out of position.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#45 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

That's funny because I thought we lost the Cup finals because we couldn't win on the road, and the whole team didn't show up on game 7?

I also thought we lost against the Kings because they outscored us, and AV didn't want to make adjustments for us losing a top winger.

During the Canucks cup run in 94' I don't recall Odjick being even dressed in the finals.

How many fights do you see in the playoffs? How often lately do you see goon even dressed in the playoffs?

Our problem is we're predictable. We're trying that stupid drop pass thing. And our forwards and defense don't work properly as a unit in our defensive zone. Yes we need 1-2 top six forwards, but those aren't like buying apples at a grocery store.
We need to get back to basics. Short simple passes, get lots of pucks on the net. Look for rebounds, and goalies out of position.
We need to have the forwards and defense work to clear the zone, and back each other up. Players are chasing the puck, and getting caught out of position.

Finally someone with a brain and some hockey knowledge.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.