The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT - Oilers 3 Canucks 2 F/SO

cmpunk

Well, I know this is the beginning of the season and all, but damn we have some huge gaps to fill....

Ebbett on the second line>?? again after the Ducks game?? and AV is chewing gum like always... Please bring up JS because this is certainly not working out...

And to all the Lu haters... He is the reason why we even got a point tonight regardless of the craptastic so which unfortunately is a big struggle.

I am happy to see Kassian play and get rewaded - hope he keeps this up and only gets better/

while Lu made some great saves, as usual, it's not the saves he made, it's the ones he didn't make that brought the team down. Anyone who says there was nothing he could do about the first goal obviously haven't played a lot of hockey. A backhander from just outside the goal line, no matter how hard or accurate, should be stopped 100% of the time, especially after his team dominated the game up until that point.

Both goals were stinkers. He did make some great stops though

Ebbett wasn't very good in the first place, but taking that penalty really hurt.

Edler with a beauty goal but boy did Eberle ever make him look slow.

Luongo with a good game.

Good to see Kassian score. I'm not sure if I should feel happy he's getting great chances or disappointed he isn't burying more.

Suprised the Canucks didn't push more in OT. Did anyone in the building think Vancouver would beat the Oilers in a shootout?! I was kind of hoping to see Yaki in the SO just to see what he'd do.

Lu had a strong game.

That said, he should have stopped the Eberle goal. It was a FANTASTIC shot, but still, from that angle, on his glove side, he should have had it.

I got the impression that he's being overly conscious about his short side. Hemsky's goal suggested the same - though was a lot harder to stop. I noticed a slight twitch from Roberto's glove hand before moving his blocker, suggesting to me that he was expecting short side first.

Kassian needs and deserves some powerplay time. Put him in front of the net screening the goalie and let the twins cycle it around. Why do we have hansen on the PP because the twins thought it might work, well it hasn't. On top of that our second powerplay unit is terrible. Higgins, Ebbet/Lapierre/, & Raymond combined for a total of 3 PPG last year. We really need Kesler and Booth back to take back control something needs to improve our powerplay, perhaps a trade to fill in the wholes. The last few years our PP has been the backbone of are success, it needs to get better

Archived