The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team is going to be unstoppable with Kesler back

Merci

Hopefully he comes back with vengeance.

I also hope you are right about Kassian being consistent enough to stay on the top line... You know AV isn't going to keep him there unless he is extremely consistent.

Also, I find it interesting that Raymond isn't in your line-up, I hope that is true as well at this point.

This team needs Kesler bad and it couldn't be more obvious.

As far as Ebbett goes he is exactly as useless as I thought he would be. When I watched the Wolves play he didn't even look good then so how the hell is he gonna look good in the NHL on a second line no less lol

He needs to get sent down and Schroeder needs to be called up. Schroeder at worst will add far more to the team and should enhance the second lines chances of scoring and creating offense.

That game tying pp goal the Coilers scored was on that plug Ebbetts dumb late game penalty. I say end the experiment and get rid of him.

I doubt Kesler will be scoring at a 60 point pace, more like a 20 goal, 40-50 point pace when he returns. Honestly not expecting anything amazing from him. Here's our lines when they all come back though...scary...

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Burrows - Lapierre - Hansen

Weise - Malhotra - Raymond

Our bottom-6 is essentially made up of 2nd line wingers which speaks volumes of our depth.

Its clear we need Kesler back, or perhaps a decent second line center for the time being, however I would not go as far as being unstopable...

Kesler might take a while to get to where he once was and hopefully he can... In order for this team to be unstopable, we need all players to fill their roles, and then we will get a crack of being unstopable...

For the time being, I fear for this team as we start to take on more elite teams like Chicago, St Louis, Minnesota, SJS and atm it seems like were strugging vs bottom feeders....

One step at the time, however there is not as much time as in a full season, so better smarten up.

This team will need to secure a playoff spot without Kesler.

I would focus on goaltending,as in not losing the best one the team has.

As much as the Schroeder fan club likes to concentrate on Ebbett whom plays 13 minutes per game,I suggest the PP stinks and Lappy's line(you know,the second line) is not scoring.

Finally,the goalie that is keeping this team in the last two games revealed pre-game that he never dreamed he would ever play another game for the Vancouver Canucks.

Lots of cohesive energy going with no second line,a PP that sucks,an elite goalie that has mentally checked out last July and the fan club calling for Schroeder to save the team.

I thought the veterans played well tonight and with the exception of Ebbett's penalty the TEAM commentators were saying he played well and Raymond sucked.

The biggest mistake that can be made is to put high expectations on a player returning from injury.

Would Kesler be a huge upgrade on the second line, absolutely, but to ask a returning player to be playing at top level consistently is a bit much.

The other thing people need to realize is that with injuries at the beginning of the season, if Vancouver was in the bottom half of the playoff picture they would still be favorites in their matchup. Thiis will still be an elite group in the west and expectations will be high once all players are back and comfortable.

I don't want Kesler back for another 2 weeks. If the management rushes him again (looks like they might with the latest report... from 6 weeks to 10 days???), Kesler might just become useless.

We won't miss the playoffs without him for a few weeks. Let him heal up, please. We need a healthy Kesler in the post-season for once.

Archived