Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumour] Ryan O'Reilly still in Russia, available soon?

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#61 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Gaunce and a 2nd

#62 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Gaunce and a 2nd

I'd do it, I'd feel bad doing it as he was just selected in the last draft, but O'Reilly is a fantastic player.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#63 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

or Booth+Mallet+2014 2nd

O'Reilly is actually a top 6 player so getting the most out of him would mean playing him in a top 6 role, either him or Kesler on the wing. I have a sinking feeling about booth, injury prone, didnt play much hockey during the lockout-head does not seem to be in the game at times. Also Raymond is looking real good and seems to have a much better shot than booth does.

#64 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

I'd do it, I'd feel bad doing it as he was just selected in the last draft, but O'Reilly is a fantastic player.

I would also feel bad doing it

#65 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

I felt bad posting it

#66 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

luongo-we pay some of his salary, take none of his caphit
Hansen
Rodin

for
O'Reilly
JS Giguerre (perfect back up for Cory)
2014 2nd

#67 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

for me, hansen has been our least noticeable forward I am just tiered of watching him get chance after chance and him just shooting the puck straight into the goalie's chest or pads.

#68 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

for me, hansen has been our least noticeable forward I am just tiered of watching him get chance after chance and him just shooting the puck straight into the goalie's chest or pads.

Hansen is a key forechecker, defensive player and PKer. Has speed. On a fair contract. Can play both wings. One of the few natural RWers. Put up 39 points last year, has 3 points/5 games this year.

His role is not a scorer, but he still puts up a fair amount of points.

#69 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,787 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hansen looked a bit lost in the first few games, but he was fantastic last night. I think he just needed a few games to get in the swing of things. That can happen.

I really don't know if there's a deal to be had with Vancouver. There are other teams without a Kesler who have a glaring need for a player like O'Reilly, and would throw a ton at the Avs to get him.
Posted Image

#70 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

or Booth+Mallet+2014 2nd

O'Reilly is actually a top 6 player so getting the most out of him would mean playing him in a top 6 role, either him or Kesler on the wing. I have a sinking feeling about booth, injury prone, didnt play much hockey during the lockout-head does not seem to be in the game at times. Also Raymond is looking real good and seems to have a much better shot than booth does.

When did you see Booth's shot this year to compare Raymonds shot? You didn't.

#71 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

For those saying that we could or should get him, you guys are truly wrong. Would it be nice to have him and have 4 awesome centers, Sedin, Kesler, OReilly, Lapierre. YES it would be absolutely awesome! But if he comes here it'll be like a Cody Hodgson situation. O'Reilly is a 2nd line center for sure even 1st on some teams. If he comes to VAN, he will be 3rd line center at best when Kesler returns. I would think he would know that and would not come here because of this.

He also plays wing...

We could have
Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-O'Reilly
Higgins-Schroeder-Burrows
Volpatti-Lapierre-Hansen
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#72 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

For those saying that we could or should get him, you guys are truly wrong. Would it be nice to have him and have 4 awesome centers, Sedin, Kesler, OReilly, Lapierre. YES it would be absolutely awesome! But if he comes here it'll be like a Cody Hodgson situation. O'Reilly is a 2nd line center for sure even 1st on some teams. If he comes to VAN, he will be 3rd line center at best when Kesler returns. I would think he would know that and would not come here because of this.

He also plays wing...

We could have
Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-O'Reilly
Higgins-Schroeder-Burrows
Volpatti-Lapierre-Hansen
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#73 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,787 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

I could see the Avs trading Stastny first, then offering O'Reilly a real deal. As it stands, they have too much money tied up in 2 centers to break the bank for a 3rd.

Too many centers...nice problem to have!
Posted Image

#74 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

I could see the Avs trading Stastny first, then offering O'Reilly a real deal. As it stands, they have too much money tied up in 2 centers to break the bank for a 3rd.

Too many centers...nice problem to have!

Who'd Stastny play with at the 2010 Olympics? I know Kane-Kesler-Brown was a line but I forget who Stastny was with Wasn't he the #1 centre?

If they did move him, I'd think they'd move him to the East. Lupul-Stastny-Kessel? Clarke MacArthur (JVR takes over his spot on the Grabovski-Kulemin line), Colborne (University of Denver) & a pick?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#75 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,787 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Boy oh boy, do the Avs miss him.
Posted Image

#76 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,456 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

No, that's not fair at all.

Ballard holds nearly no value right now, Malhotra has his strengths, but is not worth his cap hit/role since his injury and is an upcoming UFA anyway, plus he has a NTC. Gaunce is a few years way at the very least and the Avs probably want somebody a bit more proven for RO'R, although Gaunce might be PART of a better deal as, the Avs currently have his brother Cameron in their system.

I don't know why people say Ballard has no value........have people ever considered that maybe MG thinks differently and just doesn't WANT to trade him right now? Ballard sure looks like a top 4 dman this season and not many teams have the kind of defence the Canucks do. He would be a top 4 on almost every other team in the league I bet. Would the Avs want him? Despite the fact that they could really use him, probably not. They don't want to pony up the dough for their top center so they probably wont take on a 4.2 million cap hit to trade him to a division rival.

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 31 January 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#77 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

I don't know why people say Ballard has no value........have people ever considered that maybe MG thinks differently and just doesn't WANT to trade him right now? Ballard sure looks like a top 4 dman this season and not many teams have the kind of defence the Canucks do. He would be a top 4 on almost every other team in the league I bet. Would the Avs want him? Despite the fact that they could really use him, probably not. They don't want to pony up the dough for their top center so they probably wont take on a 4.2 million cap hit to trade him to a division rival.

I said 'nearly'. Esp. to the AVs, as you suggest.

To some teams he might have some, but as long as he's a 5th defenseman playing 5th defenseman minutes w/a 4.2 million dollar price tag is value isn't going to be too high. Definitely not valuable enough for a guy like O'Reilly.

#78 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Why would the avalanche care if they traded with us? They write those games off each year before the season starts anyways. If anything, its good to trade w/ us, it wont affect their standings at all.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#79 Kruger

Kruger

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Who'd Stastny play with at the 2010 Olympics? I know Kane-Kesler-Brown was a line but I forget who Stastny was with Wasn't he the #1 centre?

If they did move him, I'd think they'd move him to the East. Lupul-Stastny-Kessel? Clarke MacArthur (JVR takes over his spot on the Grabovski-Kulemin line), Colborne (University of Denver) & a pick?

Parise and either Lagenbrunner or Bobby Ryan

tumblr_my479bEk4K1qcga5ro1_500.gif

#80 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,728 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Apparently things have gotten ugly and it's likely that the Avalanche trade O'reilly.

The asking price is reportedly a roster player and a prospect.

So for us it would likely cost Ballard and Gaunce. Ballard because the Avs need D, and Gaunce because he has the potential to be an O'reilly type player in the future; plus they already have his brother in their system.

Edited by DeNiro, 12 February 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#81 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Apparently things have gotten ugly and it's likely that the Avalanche trade O'reilly.

So for us it would likely cost Ballard and Gaunce. Ballard because the Avs need D, and Gaunce because he has the potential to be an O'reilly type player in the future; plus they already have his brother in their system.

DONE!

Throw in Malhotra too as a gift.

#82 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

I think they could get a better deal, and one with sooner dividends than Ballard + Gaunce.

Also, what is your source for this information?

#83 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
As we discussed in Insider Trading initial trade talk has Colorado requesting a roster player and top prospect for O'Reilly. #TSN

#84 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Thanks dude.

#85 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Honestly, I wonder what team doesn't have interest.

#86 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,728 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

I think they could get a better deal, and one with sooner dividends than Ballard + Gaunce.

Also, what is your source for this information?

Maybe. Depends how much value they put on Gaunce. Only the Avs GM knows that.

O'reilly's value has been decreased somewhat by the uncertainty surrounding him. He seems to want a big deal now, and is willing to stay in Russia if he doesn't get it.

Edited by DeNiro, 12 February 2013 - 07:33 PM.

Posted Image

#87 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

You. Don't. Trade. Ballard.

You want Barker, the worst NHL defenseman last year, to be in your starting line-up? Yeah, sorry that's not going to win you anything. Also, if someone's going to say that LA won with only 1 really good defenseman, they play a team defense. They basically have 5 defenseman on the ice during the playoffs, so yeah.

Trading Ballard will pretty much cost us a run to the cup. New NHL isn't about offense, you can't just go in with the best forwards and have sub-par defenders. It's about quick snipes and playing solid defensively.

Edited by Django, 12 February 2013 - 07:38 PM.

Posted Image

#88 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,728 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

We could always pick up a D-man at the trade deadline.

O'reilly would likely give us the best third line in the league. Teams also don't win without elite third lines.

Not that I even said I would make this trade. I only said that is what it would likely cost us based on the pieces we would be willing to give up, and what Colorado would likely want.

Posted Image

#89 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

We could always pick up a D-man at the trade deadline.

O'reilly would likely give us the best third line in the league. Teams also don't win without elite third lines.

Not that I even said I would make this trade. I only said that is what it would likely cost us based on the pieces we would be willing to give up, and what Colorado would likely want.

O'Reilly wants 5 million +. There is absolutely no place for him on our roster, unless you trade Luongo ASAP. Which still wouldn't be worth it to be honest. We could probably go all in this year, trade the farm and go for O'Reilly, but if you don't win with him on the roster this year, you pretty much just crapped on your team for the next decade lol

EDIT: But then again, i'm all in for a Cup if it means being crappy for a while.

Edited by Django, 12 February 2013 - 07:48 PM.

Posted Image

#90 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Uhhh, what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.