Yea Higgins and Hansen are not better.

#92 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

And we have had enough of you. You break your back and try to play hockey again.

Are you implying Raymond's back is still bothering him and he's not 100%? If so, he shouldn't be taking a roster spot from somebody who is 100% healthy and ready to contribute.

Raymond just simply does not fit on this team. He does not have the physicality to play bottom six and we have much better checkers playing in our bottom six. He does not have the sniping or playmaking skills to fit our team once everybody is healthy. However, I do think we don't have much better options right now for our top six.

It's time for Raymond to go. I was disappointed he was re-signed to another contract with the Canucks.
Posted Image

#93 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

For those who are calling Mason Raymond soft just like to say that he stood up for Ben Eager a few times during the game vs the Oilers. And Ben Eager is pretty tough IMO so if your messing around with him than you can Say Mason Raymond is pretty damn tough especially since he broke his back. They exchanged several hits, mixed it up with each other and he was getting active...sure its not putting up the points but at least he is trying to be useful

Raymond stood up FOR Eager did he? So Raymond attacked Kassian to defend Eager? lol.

#94 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,779 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

explain how you think he a good checker? I mean, I would say he is average in puck pursuit but feeble in doing anything in battle.

He's actually pretty awesome on the back check and one of the best players I've seen at lifting the puck out of the zone ... for what's it's worth. For me, that's not enough.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#95 Bite me Burr

Bite me Burr

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

He's actually pretty awesome on the back check and one of the best players I've seen at lifting the puck out of the zone ... for what's it's worth. For me, that's not enough.

I agree that he gets there while on the back check. I would not say that he does much good once he tracks down his check though.
CHARACTER AND TOUGHNESS

#96 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

is this my job?

You're the one that wants him gone. So who do we replace him with?

#97 Bite me Burr

Bite me Burr

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Are you implying Raymond's back is still bothering him and he's not 100%? If so, he shouldn't be taking a roster spot from somebody who is 100% healthy and ready to contribute.

Raymond just simply does not fit on this team. He does not have the physicality to play bottom six and we have much better checkers playing in our bottom six. He does not have the sniping or playmaking skills to fit our team once everybody is healthy. However, I do think we don't have much better options right now for our top six.

It's time for Raymond to go. I was disappointed he was re-signed to another contract with the Canucks.

prepare to be met with the standard excuses and misconceptions... posts like "its only been two games!"

I agree with your view. I don't see the reasoning behind waiting for him to prove his further useless beffore Gillis gets involved, for a change.
CHARACTER AND TOUGHNESS

#98 Bite me Burr

Bite me Burr

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

You're the one that wants him gone. So who do we replace him with?

Im done with the trades and proposals forum as much as I am on suggesting that I find Raymonds replacement. Im not charged with this task by anything other than your asking.
CHARACTER AND TOUGHNESS

#99 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

On the plus side, Ebbett is worse.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#100 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

We're two games into the year. Can we cool it with the "(x) player is useless" threads? Nobody's looked very good so far.

Lol Did you just become a fan? Because apparently you have not see Mayray play last year...lol

#101 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Im done with the trades and proposals forum as much as I am on suggesting that I find Raymonds replacement. Im not charged with this task by anything other than your asking.

OK, fine. I'll put you in for waiving Raymond and bringing up Sweatt or Rodin to replace him.

I just don't see the point of ragging on a player, when the options are extremely limited. We don't have a prospect that can replace Mason and all we have is Luongo for a trade (and how's that going).

#102 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Look I was a staunch Mayray supporter when he entered the league, fact is he may be not greasy enough to be on this team lol. AV demands stronger puck play. Watched him in juniors and thought we had a play maker. He obviously has wheels and has descent hands..... but has no desire to go into the dirty areas and will not take a straight line to the net. He is not a crash and bang player. He for all intensive purposes is a finesse player. The fact is this is not a finesse league and never will be(thank god) There are many players who's skill is sooo high that their finesse is almost unstoppable. That being said I and many others understand this league demands savagery. This is not baseball, tennis, or curling, this is HOCKEY !

I hope Mayray can find his inner demon/beast and prove everyone wrong.

Edited by vanfan73, 22 January 2013 - 04:16 PM.

1987.jpg

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#103 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

I thought the end of last year was supposed to be the time Raymond was supposed to prove himself? MG just keeps dolling out more rope for Raymond....to trip on. I was at the last scrimmage where Raymond scored a hat trick. Bravo. But that feat, in comparison to his first two real games only proves the point that he backs off and plays way too timid when in a game situation.

As someone up thread suggested, he'd be better suited in a European league with the wide open ice and less tolerance for violence.

I really hope he is traded away, in some package deal with Luongo, before Kes and Booth get back. He quite literally drags down any linemates he is paired with.

And I would take Higgins over Raymond.

#104 TommiSantala25

TommiSantala25

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

OK, fine. I'll put you in for waiving Raymond and bringing up Sweatt or Rodin to replace him.

I just don't see the point of ragging on a player, when the options are extremely limited. We don't have a prospect that can replace Mason and all we have is Luongo for a trade (and how's that going).

Not to sound like a smart ass but we do have a prospect that seems more NHL ready and willing to give it his all then Raymond. His name is Jensen. But you walk a fine line of introducing him too quick and stunting his growth as a hockey player.

SYvE9NH.gif

#105 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

With all due respect to Ebbett,Raymond is making $2.3m while Ebbett is paid a quarter of that amount.
Ebbett is the least paid of all the Canucks.VanDemeer and Volpatti share his same payment.
Schroeder will make $1.1 million if he is put in a third c position.

What is point exactly?
Posted Image

#106 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Not to sound like a smart ass but we do have a prospect that seems more NHL ready and willing to give it his all then Raymond. His name is Jensen. But you walk a fine line of introducing him too quick and stunting his growth as a hockey player.

Jensen's a great option, but he plays in Sweden. Maybe next year though...

#107 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Lol Did you just become a fan? Because apparently you have not see Mayray play last two years...lol

Fixed it for ya. ;)

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#108 vancouverdepression

vancouverdepression

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Mason Raymond is useless at everything he does. I saw him at the store once buying a slurpee and he fell down on the way to pay for it. Saw him licking a tootsie pop once and he never got to the center of the damn thing! Saw Mayray at the airport once, there was this bag on the carousel going round and round and round and he was just standing there staring at it....... later I asked him what he was doing, and Mayray told me he thought he was looking into a mirror!!

#109 4thLineGrinder

4thLineGrinder

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

this thread will explode once j-scro starts serving up tasty dishes on a pillow to mayray.

#110 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

To quote an ol' fave "He checks the way my wife cleans house, hes afraid to go into the corners."

#111 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,347 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

And we have had enough of you. You break your back and try to play hockey again.

I don't have pity for players who make millions and can't compete, doesn't matter what happened to them in the past, if they can't play THEY CAN'T PLAY!

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#112 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

I haven't noticed a difference in Raymond's sub-2nd-line play from the last couple of years.

#113 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

5 years of the same crap is enough. I dont need another 40 games to get this right, again.
Even at his best, he is ineffective...even if you see it as a service... to his linemates. He is not going to change or reinvent himself. Call a spade a spade, buddy. Or.... or wait till May, again. Man, I hate typing that...

You quoted my post saying that he is not doing what he did for the past 2 years. As in he is NOT going to the perimter as you whine about, he is NOT shooting from the perimeter as you whine about, he is passing into the middle which you deny, and he is playing responsible hockey instead of playing possum at the blue line (which you also deny).

He's fixed what you were complaining about, and you still complain about those things. How are you not a hater?

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#114 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

MayRays a gangster.

#115 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

he is not even gangster

#116 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Mason Raymond needs to go away in the Luongo trade.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#117 Dynamic Innovator

Dynamic Innovator

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

this thread will explode once j-scro starts serving up tasty dishes on a pillow to mayray.

Don't forget al-burr digging the puck out of the corner with j-garr and Al-Ed firing bombs from the point. I really love the way A-Vol and Da-Wie are forechecking this year and Za-Ka will be awesome.

Very poopy nicknames FTW

#118 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Place him on trade block, along with Luongo.
Posted Image

#119 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Everybody Hates Raymond.

Edited by Heli_Kopitar, 23 January 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#120 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

I'm not trying to be a Raymond hater here but let's get serious. He's been on the team full-time for 5 years and has had only 1 truly good season, and that was when a bunch of our guys had career years(09/10).
For a guy that gets plenty of 2nd line minutes, powerplay time, rarely gets benched, and once in a while gets a chance with the Sedins, he simply doesn't provide enough. If he's as talented as so many people seem to think and with the opportunities he's given, he should be putting 50+ points on the board every year, not just in 2010.
Honestly I think his 25 goal year was an anomaly and not to be expected again. If Raymond's not scoring goals he then doesn't fit on the 2nd line and his use to the team is minimal. Where is he a good fit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.