The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Gillis Talks Luongo- Vancouver Sun article

bigpush

People here focus too much on having the best goalie in the league. You don't need or want that and you can't predict it. Get yourself a solid, blue-collar workhorse who just does his job and focus on more important things like glaring missing pieces like big power forwards and more grinders.

Quick, Thomas were not Luongo-level hype machines when they won their Cups. They were confident goaltenders who stepped up when it mattered. Get guys with that kind of character and you will have success.

since last spring ive always felt washington was the ideal team. As they are in a win now mode, they have the skill upfront and have made the playoffs just havent been able to get to the next level, they lack a top tier goalie. And with Oates behind the bench I think they have a good chance i like their team just not to high on their defense or rookie goalies

I read it as a player involved that no one is talking about (i.e. not Bjugstad or Kadri or Bozak but someone else). The Caps I still don't see unless they've decided they don't have faith in their young goalies.

Sounds like you didn't read the whole thing:

What about Bryz fits that quote? Excess salary, term and buy out all do. That pretty much rules out Bryz, DiPietro, Komisarek, Lecavalier or any of those types of players..

Archived