The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

I don't see the negative effects, if the return doesn't help us as much as Lu would right now, then we will hold onto him and dump him in the offseason for futures. We could move him at any point we want, but does it make sense for the team to do so? No not really.

And Schneider has been fine, one bad game aside from that has been great.

Hank ... the set up guy ... has 0. Cute that you're missing the point though, that being your so called brilliant evaluation of hockey talent is completely backwards. I think it proves the point that most posters here should just consider whatever you post to be the exact opposite.

While you continue to trash the Canucks, your player evaluations of those on every other team fail tremendously. I might have to do some digging to who else you support, or which skewed statistics you choose to use to make a player seem better/worse than what they are.

But let me guess - nothing wrong with Garrison's start, right? "Oh, well, he's on a new team, he needs time to adjust. Give him a few games".

Same with Schneider - "he's a first-time starter. He needs a few games".

Am I right?

BTW - how many goals does Hank have?

Sheer and utter avoidance of my questions raised to you - nice job.

Proves my point that if guys on the Leafs get off to a bad start, they're horrible and will suck forever, but if guys on the Canucks do, it's just a small sample size.

The lack of objectivity on your part is quite frankly embarrassing.

This is a shortened season where every point counts. With Kesler and Booth out, and with all these 3-point conference games, we have zero margin for error so we might as well hang on to Louie (who's been keeping us in games) at least until Kesler is back.

We can't afford to let points slip away because Cory has been a little slow off the get go. Speaking of slow starts, Reimer just let in the first shot of the game, again. Same old, same old.

Lu's not going to be getting traded if he continues to obviously outplay Schneider. And I would argue that it does make sense for the team to move him. This team has looked very mediocre. Colorado, last night, may well have been the worst-iced team in NHL history, and Vancouver did not show up for the first 10 minutes of the game. Had it not been for sheer luck from Lu's knob and subsequent luck by Colorado shooting the rebound from that sequence square at Lu's back (who was far out of position), that game may have been much different.

Keeping Lu will also not do anything positive for Schneider's confidence, regardless of how mentally strong you all think he is. He's still human. And he's still not yet a starting NHL goaltender.

...yes, that's the point.

That precisely tells you that the interest just isn't there. Some teams might be interested - if, as Gillis suggested, we take back some of their cap crap in return. What does that tell you? The market has spoken. And I don't see how the price goes anywhere but down - but please, feel free to share the ways in which you think Lu's value will rise. 34 years old. Big money, big term. GM is in a known conundrum.

lmao. I'm the one avoiding the questions? Your questions had nothing to do with my original post. You took off on some tangent, and expected me to be like the rest of mouth-breathers around here and go in the direction of your argument. Criticize the Canucks all you want, I mentioned that in my response. What you have failed to acknowledge was my initial criticism as to your player evaluations being entirely incorrect. I suppose you want me to take your failed logic and criticize the Canucks set up man for not scoring, or of how Garrison is bad for having scored last game? Come on... people around here clearly give you too much credit.

Elvis to the rescue - always raising the level of the discussion with pretentious attempts to moderate and control what everyone else has to say - ironically, as futile as trying to change the mind of people you are essentially calling "idiots". Keep on the high road.

Don't see what the controversy is, Vignault is just starting the goalie who has been playing better.

The real question though us whether or not Luongo still wants to be traded. I think people seem to forget about Luongo's no trade. For all we know that " trade in place could have been vetoed by Luongo. I think that with Luongo getting consistent starts his desire to leave decreases. I mean think about, Luongo never asked for a trade because he hates Vancouver, he only asked because Schneider took the number 1 job.

Don't see what the controversy is, Vignault is just starting the goalie who has been playing better.

The real question though us whether or not Luongo still wants to be traded. I think people seem to forget about Luongo's no trade. For all we know that " trade in place could have been vetoed by Luongo. I think that with Luongo getting consistent starts his desire to leave decreases. I mean think about, Luongo never asked for a trade because he hates Vancouver, he only asked because Schneider took the number 1 job.

Listening to gillis on the team he said "5the coaching staff are aware of the long term plans" aka luongo is NOT part of the long term plan. He's going once gillis gets the best package he thinks helps the club. Schneider is the man moving forward, just playing the hot goalie right now

Because gillis also said luongo quietly asked to explore his options... Not a guy who will all of he sudden change his mind and stay here long term...plus Schneider is younger and cheaper

and how on earth do you know the long term plan. Maybe there is a option B that says we keep Luongo, groom Lack, get a crapload of return for schneider and grow those players

Archived