3019 replies to this topic

#811 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,039 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

WATCH THE GAME. W.o Luongo it would have been over well before the second period.

If Luongo stood on his head in Game 7 the way you claim he did, there would be a SC Banner in the rafters.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#812 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

So now that Eddie Lack is gone for 6 months after hip surgery and might not be ready for camp next year, does this alter the plan for trading Lui?

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#813 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,473 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Luongo is clutch. When it matters he always shows up. Always.

If the team has lost an important game, it's always been a matter of the team letting Lu down. Luongo always holdsddown the fort. When it matters there isnt a single goalie in the league that can do what roberto does

:picard:

You're delusional dude.

Pretty funny actually.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#814 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

You're delusional dude.

Pretty funny actually.

More sad than funny.

#815 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

He stood on his head game seven. Made a couple huge saves and the team couldn't help him out. Go watch the game. Just watch it once and tell me how many times u expect him to absolutely rob the opposition.

You obviously don't remember the game. Watch it.

I was actually at the SCF Game 7 there bud. First goal was weak, the short handed one he folded like a cheap tent and ended up in the net with the puck. Not sure what game YOU were watching. Certainly wasn't the one I was at.

#816 MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

I would love to see Lu stay, but I truly think he is leaving soon. Notice that he has the same mask from last year.

Very sad time for me.
Posted Image
Sig pic by -Vintage Canuck- Thank You!!!!

Love the Canucks!

Keep Loungo in Vancouver :towel:
http://www.ipetition...o-in-vancouver/

#817 needtogetswole

needtogetswole

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

I was actually at the SCF Game 7 there bud. First goal was weak, the short handed one he folded like a cheap tent and ended up in the net with the puck. Not sure what game YOU were watching. Certainly wasn't the one I was at.

doesn't matter if he let in 10 goals or just 1...

we couldn't score so we would have lost anyways.

#818 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

He stood on his head game seven. Made a couple huge saves and the team couldn't help him out. Go watch the game. Just watch it once and tell me how many times u expect him to absolutely rob the opposition.

You obviously don't remember the game. Watch it.

LOL playoff inconsistency is his only flaw aside from puck handling and shootouts. Most Lu lovers will even say that.

Sorry bud, your favorite player is getting traded sooner or later :(

#819 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

great we moved on from torres/clutterbuck to luongo SCF bashing again.. awesome.

If Luongo stood on his head in Game 7 the way you claim he did, there would be a SC Banner in the rafters.

if lu hadnt stood on his head in games 1,2,5 it wouldve been an embarrassing 4game sweep. He has his bad games like every goalie he is not super-human nor is he the best in the league he is an above average goalie and when he is on his game he is one of the best.

#820 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Couldn't agree more. As a Jets season ticket holder, I have been waiting for him to be traded to the Eastern Conference. He's not perfect, but he's the best goalie the Canucks have ever had. Whatever team he gets traded to, I'm getting a Luo jersey of that team. Except, of course, if he goes to the Leafs. I will never get a Leafs jersey.

The correct respect and still realistic: Plus one sir! And btw the most welcome fan of another team on our forum. I love the anybody but the Leaf's bit too... B)

PS I bought a Jets Jersey when back home at Christmas despite being a Canuck fan now 20 years (since Selanne was traded) to add to my closet of appropriate ones. Couldn't bear to put Kane's name on it though, left it blank.

Yesterday's game was great for the Canucks in more than one way.
It showcased how valuable an asset Luongo is. The Canucks again played a poor defensive game and they were still in the game. For teams like Washington, Philly, Toronto and Florida a point can go a long way.
It also showed us we need some size on this team. Ebbett is too small and we have enough of those kind of players. A guy like Kostopoulos would be a good fit for now. I would hope the Luongo deal would give us another Kassian type player but to be realistic even if it did give us that guy, it would be a young guy that wouldn't be ready for the NHL.

Yip; a very good showcase! Including the need for another big forward so the goalie does not have to be under such pressure. Perhaps a bonafide puck moving right D (in a package with one of our surplus of left D) to help our PP?

Lou's numbers are also pretty much spot on his career average; near .920 and 2.21 goals against. We do need Cory to come around soon... Meh, no stress, it'll happen!

PS: I like Kostopoulos. An upgrade on Weise; but not in a major way. He's smaller and obviously not a top 6 guy, therefore not the main solution we're looking for. I'd look at him once other pieces fall into place as a depth guy, for which he would be a score!

#821 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,791 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

if lu hadnt stood on his head in games 1,2,5 it wouldve been an embarrassing 4game sweep.

And the reason for this is the Bruins had a franchise goalie who stood on his head for games 1,2,3,4,5,6, and 7; which is something that a franchise goalie may have to do in order for his team to win.

Obviously, it didn't matter how bad Luongo played in a game or two of that series, if he held serve with Thomas for another game or two, allowing us to seal the deal. But in those other 4 games, we were done before the 2nd period ended (at the LATEST).

That's pretty deflating for a team already battered, bruised, and running on fumes. It's not like they were going to push in the 3rd periods of those games to score an extra goal or two just so the CDC guys here couldn't say "we only scored EIGHT goals!"
Posted Image

#822 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Would you do Luongo+ for Byfuglien and Kane?

Are you serious?

:lol:

zackass.png

#823 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

WATCH THE GAME. W.o Luongo it would have been over well before the second period.

Both teams came out firing. Thomas stood on his head like usual. Luongo looked a bit shaky.

The goals wren't great that he let in, I don't blame him for them but he wasn't 100% on his game.

zackass.png

#824 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

No u r wrong... you have to score one goal at least to win an NHL playoff game. Canucks didn't... they got shutout three time in the finals. Luongo was as good as he could have been in game 7. Lucky for us he was in net and we didn't get swept or lose 4-1 at the very best.

Also were lucky he was in net last night so we got one point. Luongo wears number one for a reason.
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#825 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

And the reason for this is the Bruins had a franchise goalie who stood on his head for games 1,2,3,4,5,6, and 7; which is something that a franchise goalie may have to do in order for his team to win.

Obviously, it didn't matter how bad Luongo played in a game or two of that series, if he held serve with Thomas for another game or two, allowing us to seal the deal. But in those other 4 games, we were done before the 2nd period ended (at the LATEST).

That's pretty deflating for a team already battered, bruised, and running on fumes. It's not like they were going to push in the 3rd periods of those games to score an extra goal or two just so the CDC guys here couldn't say "we only scored EIGHT goals!"

Tim Thomas had two phenomenal years. The reSt of his career he sucked and isn't playing this year. It happens in the NHL.

Sometimes a goalie comes from no where and plays amazing for a year or two. Luongo has been amazing for ten years. That's what you call a franchise goaltender... not Tim Thomas Who has two God like seasons and disappears

Edit: I'm not knocking Thomas... just saying u can't compare his two years to Roberto Who has dominated the worlds most competitive hockey league for a decade

Edited by apollo, 29 January 2013 - 04:59 PM.

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#826 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,154 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

nobody wants Lu's over inflated 10 year contract and no GM is gonna give Gillis anything close to what he is demanding so in the meantime Lu is sitting on the bench sucking up cap space and being paid for doin' nothing.  He played well last night to a point even though the pylons in front of him had their panties down around their ankles most of the night!!! Bieksa and Garrison are liabilities and should be unloaded.  Lu is a fantastic tender and should be dealt to another team for his contract unload only!!!  Gillis is the lousiest GM this team has ever had!!!...

You're trying way too hard, man...

The secret to being an effective troll is to be somewhat believable with your rants. You've just gone head first off the stupid end of the diving board...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#827 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

I don't get some of these ideas. I mean Anaheim loves Hiller, Chicago although there had been growing pains is comitted to Crawford moving forward.

Philadelphia I could see not being overly thrilled with Bryzgalov but he has potential to get hot as well so not sure this is a viable option or at least for this season.

Toronto I could see keeping their two goaltenders they have now. Why not ?

Florida does need an upgrade, but does that mean Markstrom is not ready to challenge ?

Toronto - Why not? Because for a team that plays in the self described "centre of the universe" and being the "most hockey mad market there is" it would be a collassal disappointment to not make the playoffs after a nearly a DECADE when everyone knows that your biggest weakness is goaltending.

Florida- Being ready to challenge and being ready to be an everyday #1 starter are 2 different things. Recent examples ( Cory Schneider, Pekka Rinne, Corey Crawford, Jimmy Howard) show that the majority of goalies are ready for that roll after they turn 25, and not 22 lik Markstrom. Why would they want to rush it and risk his development? That's where Luongos contract comes onto play and they have to decide if it is worth it to bridge the gap for 3-4 years until Markstrom is ready.

Edited by TmanVan, 29 January 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#828 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,039 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

nobody wants Lu's over inflated 10 year contract and no GM is gonna give Gillis anything close to what he is demanding so in the meantime Lu is sitting on the bench sucking up cap space and being paid for doin' nothing. He played well last night to a point even though the pylons in front of him had their panties down around their ankles most of the night!!! Bieksa and Garrison are liabilities and should be unloaded. Lu is a fantastic tender and should be dealt to another team for his contract unload only!!! Gillis is the lousiest GM this team has ever had!!!...

Omg...

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#829 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,154 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

No u r wrong... you have to score one goal at least to win an NHL playoff game. Canucks didn't... they got shutout three time in the finals. Luongo was as good as he could have been in game 7. Lucky for us he was in net and we didn't get swept or lose 4-1 at the very best.

Also were lucky he was in net last night so we got one point. Luongo wears number one for a reason.

Dude, I agree that Luongo wasn't the biggest reason for the SCF loss, but that's not what you were arguing.

The fact is, Louie had three excellent games and four not very good games in that series. (The dagger IMO, was game six) And we were all "watching".

BTW: I don't think we got shut out three times in that series...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#830 niklas

niklas

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Lp

#831 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I have to agree here. Lou was stellar in the games we won but he was sub-par for the games we lost. However, he was not the reason we lost the series. The lack of scoring and how they played us physically was the biggest concern in that series.

#832 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Lu wears number one because he only thinks about himself and can't take a minute out of his busy back up goalie schedule to hang out with a teenage transgendered goalie.

Cory Schneider is the best goalie that has ever lived.

#833 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Lu wears number one because he only thinks about himself and can't take a minute out of his busy back up goalie schedule to hang out with a teenage transgendered goalie.

Cory Schneider is the best goalie that has ever lived.

Straight from the deepest depths of the Hell of Pathetic Morons.
Posted Image

#834 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Straight from the deepest depths of the Hell of Pathetic Morons.

I'm a pathetic moron from some kind of hell that houses them?... That is rather rude.

#835 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

And if the rest of the team was not so riddled with injurys and could find ways to score and yes play defence there would be a stanley cup banner in the rafters
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#836 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

I feel as though this saga will go into the summer. there seems to be no urgency by MG

You would think that not having a second line with Kesler & Booth out it would be different

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#837 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Who cares if you were there , Does not mean you have a better evaluation of the game . The whole team crapped out because of injurys and were unable to score and play defence
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#838 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

nobody wants Lu's over inflated 10 year contract and no GM is gonna give Gillis anything close to what he is demanding so in the meantime Lu is sitting on the bench sucking up cap space and being paid for doin' nothing. He played well last night to a point even though the pylons in front of him had their panties down around their ankles most of the night!!! Bieksa and Garrison are liabilities and should be unloaded. Lu is a fantastic tender and should be dealt to another team for his contract unload only!!! Gillis is the lousiest GM this team has ever had!!!...

....go to your room and do your homework !!

#839 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Its a shame Washington is winning right now, because Philly and Florida are losing.

The Panthers if they lose tonight will be 1-5-0 and Flyers 2-5-0

Panic will set in, and we could see a Luongo deal soon. :)

#840 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Its a shame Washington is winning right now, because Philly and Florida are losing.

The Panthers if they lose tonight will be 1-5-0 and Flyers 2-5-0

Panic will set in, and we could see a Luongo deal soon. :)

That's great and all but I think Lu needs to start to panic a bit and go to a place he may not want to go to.
I think there is a deal out there for us but Lu doesn't want to go there.
Eventually something is going to have to give.
I'm sure if one of those 3 teams you've mentioned really want Lu and give us a package that'll work for us, Gillis can sell Luongo on playing the rest of his career there. At least lets all hope he can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.