The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

I think TOR is out for the foreseeable future. Reimer & Scrivens are playing well enough that Nonis is going to stick with developing these two young goaltenders rather than trade away away any strong prospects.

So far no teams are tanking goal tending wise, but WSH is getting close. Neuvirth made some good saves against NJ so he wasn't a total siv. The next 5 games will be interesting to see though.

You do realize that the Maple Leafs have been very fast starters the prior two seasons, right? So if everything has to be status quo doesn't that mean they will go on a long winning streak right now?

Do you also realize that Vancouver had 1 more playoff win than TO last year?

There's only one winner each year, the rest are losers, and Vancouver was a loser just like TO.

I say wait and if Higgins doesn't pick it up, and Raymond plays the way he has, maybe offer Higgins for Clutterbuck.

To Minnesota: Chris Higgins, Kevin Connaution

To Vancouver: Cal Clutterbuck, Tyler Graovac

2 birds with 1 stone for us, as we would bring in more energy in physicality in Clutterbuck aswell as Tyler Graovac who has been playing very well with Brendan Gaunce, they get a defensemen who will likely be capable of cracking there line-up next year, as for us we can target Dimitry Orlov in a Luongo trade to Washington and that would give us an upgrade on Connaution for next year.

You aren't a Canucks fan, are you? I think your subjectivity is trying to cloud the fact Vancouver is a top team in the West, and probably, the entire league. They have won two consecutive Presidents' Trophy titles. I think, without further explaining Vancouver's accomplishments, evidence is quite conclusive that Vancouver is clearly better than Toronto.

So, what brought you in the Canucks forum, anyway?

I think you may need a little brush up on the "sell high, buy low" principle.

We have seen a whole lot of Raymond over the years and he has had fairly limited success. If he isn't scoring, he is of no use to the team at all... we actually have two players like that already in our top 6 and they both have the last name Sedin. Thankfully they are players that actually score all the time, Raymond will never be in that class and there will always be long stretches where he is of no use on the ice... especially considering he would be on the 3rd line in a healthy roster.

While he is on a high, you get something that complements our core better. Maybe read the rationale in my post that you quoted.

The goaltending they have gotten for the most part hasn't given them a chance to win, if this continues they will likely be in the market, and don't forget there owners loves making hockey decisions, so he will have a voice in whether they target goaltending or not.

Either way, we can use Corrado or sign someone, what do you think of the MIN deal?

I'm a fan of hockey...... I just don't like it when one team gets ripped for no reason. I was at a pub today watching the TO game and every time the Rangers scored the place went nuts..........they didn't like the Rangers, they just liked that TO was losing. it's not even because they hate TO, they are just programmed to think that way from what they hear from everyone else.

A few years ago I was in Calgary when the Canucks played game 7 of the Cup Finals. You would've thought I was in Boston. Every time the Bruins scored the place went nuts. Not a single Canuck fan in the house. Again, I would've thought that some people in Calgary would pull for a Cdn. team to win............again nothing............for no reason.

That's what drives me nuts........why can't people see and accept that a deserving team that plays well, deserves to win. You should always pull for your home team but why the other teams have to suck, just because...........drives me nuts.

You do realize that the Maple Leafs have been very fast starters the prior two seasons, right? So if everything has to be status quo doesn't that mean they will go on a long winning streak right now?

Do you also realize that Vancouver had 1 more playoff win than TO last year?

There's only one winner each year, the rest are losers, and Vancouver was a loser just like TO.

I'm a fan of hockey...... I just don't like it when one team gets ripped for no reason. I was at a pub today watching the TO game and every time the Rangers scored the place went nuts..........they didn't like the Rangers, they just liked that TO was losing. it's not even because they hate TO, they are just programmed to think that way from what they hear from everyone else.

A few years ago I was in Calgary when the Canucks played game 7 of the Cup Finals. You would've thought I was in Boston. Every time the Bruins scored the place went nuts. Not a single Canuck fan in the house. Again, I would've thought that some people in Calgary would pull for a Cdn. team to win............again nothing............for no reason.

That's what drives me nuts........why can't people see and accept that a deserving team that plays well, deserves to win. You should always pull for your home team but why the other teams have to suck, just because...........drives me nuts.

you do realize that the leafs haven't made the playoffs in 9 years right?

you do realize the leafs weren't in the stanley cup finals 2 years ago and have no chance of getting there in the forseeable future right?

you do realize the canucks were in the stanley cup finals 2 years ago and are in the top 3 favoured teams to get there again right?

you do realize your leafs have a captain who's 225 lbs but won't fight right?

you do realize your leafs are 3rd worst in the east in goals against right? but that you leaf fans don't think you have a defensive/goaltending issue right?

you do realize you are insane, delusional and a typical leafs fan right?

you do realize that the leafs haven't made the playoffs in 9 years right?

you do realize the leafs weren't in the stanley cup finals 2 years ago and have no chance of getting there in the forseeable future right?

you do realize the canucks were in the stanley cup finals 2 years ago and are in the top 3 favoured teams to get there again right?

you do realize your leafs have a captain who's 225 lbs but won't fight right?

you do realize your leafs are 3rd worst in the east in goals against right? but that you leaf fans don't think you have a defensive/goaltending issue right?

you do realize you are insane, delusional and a typical leafs fan right?

Archived