Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Which media outlet will report the Luongo trade first?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 vwnuck

vwnuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Posted Image

this has to be the dumbest thread i have ever read..................................................................ever!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 Beeekz

Beeekz

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

"...true to his word?..."

I guess you didn't see the intermission interview with Cam Cole. He clarified that it was taken a bit out of context while he paraphrased Gillis on some of the challenges of trading. In other words, before he "quoted" Mike, he should have used the words "for example" so that it read "For example, we have a deal in place but it is dependant upon the other team doing something with one of their players. This is why it's not so simple in putting a deal together." If he had worded it like that, Team 1040 would have had nothing to beat into submission all day Tuesday and Wednesday. Cam also noted that, if it was an honest to goodness true statement, he would have lead the story off with that gem instead of it being buried in paragraph 27.

It's no wonder this whole situation is out of control. Social media on steroids and the general inability for the masses to comprehend things at face value.

There is no deal in place. It doesn't mean there won't be one, it just means you have to stop wishing it would get here like Christmas morning.

Believe me when I say I'm not one of the ones waiting and wishing for this deal to happen, I'm happy keeping both (although the cap is a problem) here for the time being. These 2 have been one of the best tandems in the league the last few years. I know one of them has to go, whether it be during this season, or in the off season, and I'll be sad to see either one go, but it is going to happen.

As for Cam Cole's interview in the intermission, no sorry, I had to make dinner and I missed all of that, but would actually like to see what his take on this whole thing is... No one would happen to have a link to it would they?

#33 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

What if he doesn't get traded? Who will report that?

Unfortunately, everyone is!

#34 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

:picard: :sadno:
Posted Image

#35 doctorkush

doctorkush

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

ahahah str8 up its gonna be the birds who lets the words out lol "Twitter"

#36 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Who cares who reports it first? I'm more interested in where he will be going.

Edited by Kesler's Nose, 24 January 2013 - 02:22 PM.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#37 Unpredictables

Unpredictables

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

I think Washington Caps is in the mix for Luongo.. Seeing they are 0-3 this season, I think Holtby and Neuvirth can't retain the #1 job.

#38 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Eklund

zackass.png

#39 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Luongo + Connauton for Kuznetsov

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.