#1 clynch

clynch

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

POPULAR

Wow! Must say I'm impressed with Raymond thus far. I was hoping that he would have a good start this season, but 3 goals in 3 games is great. It looks like the back injury is behind him and hopefully he can continue to be the second liner we need.

I can't say I've ever been a Raymond lover, nor a hater. More a sympathizer. I know his back injury was devastating and must have been more difficult to come back from then I can imagine. I'm just glad that early in the season he has performed like the team needs him too.

Based on what we've seen, I'm thinking he coud get close to 20 goals this year (30 prorated). What do you think?

#2 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

20 sounds solid, if he keeps this intensity up

Posted Image

#3 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Hahaha finally I thread for the Raymond believers!!
Looking great so far. Thinking and hoping 16-20 goals in this shortened season.

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#4 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Double

Edited by Bure fan, 25 January 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#5 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Triple.... *facepalm*

Edited by Bure fan, 25 January 2013 - 11:10 PM.

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#6 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,056 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

It's only appropriate he should benefit from some love threads - few people have taken as much s#!t on these boards.

#7 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

48 goals? Who am I kidding :P that's reserved for Zack Kassian, I think he'll get a good 15goals.
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#8 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

48 goals? Who am I kidding :P that's reserved for Zack Kassian, I think he'll get a good 15goals.

And it looks like you'll get quite a few apples too there Jordan.
Posted Image

#9 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

If there end up being 20 Goals for MayRay.

Then there will be 20 Assists for Schroeds.

Just the way it works.. :bigblush:

zackass.png

#10 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,320 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Everybody Loves Raymond

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#11 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Raymond's producing, which is good.

Most people rag on Raymond when he isn't scoring goals but for the most part he's always been playing the same way. Sometimes they don't go in for him and then he becomes a whipping boy.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#12 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Even if he didn't score today, he would have had a solid game. That's the true meaning of a legit forward.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 25 January 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#13 Canucksftw0205

Canucksftw0205

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

POPULAR

So glad that Raymond's doing great so far. Guy really deserves it, as he's had to overcome so much. I also thought it was really sweet of him to yell, "Go get that puck!" after scoring his second goal, knowing it was Schroeder's first NHL point.
Respect your Edler! Posted Image

#14 roland

roland

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

I admittedly was one of the ones who wanted Raymond gone, but I guess this is one reason why Mike Gillis is the GM and not me. He seems to have his wrist shot back too, even his shootout attempt against Calgary was well aimed and was on its way to the top right corner until Kipper got in the way.

#15 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Wow! Must say I'm impressed with Raymond thus far. I was hoping that he would have a good start this season, but 3 goals in 3 games is great. It looks like the back injury is behind him and hopefully he can continue to be the second liner we need.

I can't say I've ever been a Raymond lover, nor a hater. More a sympathizer. I know his back injury was devastating and must have been more difficult to come back from then I can imagine. I'm just glad that early in the season he has performed like the team needs him too.

Based on what we've seen, I'm thinking he coud get close to 20 goals this year (30 prorated). What do you think?

What I have always liked about Raymond is his effort. He never takes a shift off. He plays very good defence, kills penalties, is a great forchecker, so even when he wasnt producing offensively he was still productive.

Its great to see his wheels back, and dare I say he looks even faster (?) , he has def worked on his shot. Im so impressed with how far he has come back after that injury.

#16 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

All good with his game. Never too high, never too low, fans. He'll be good , then he'll be sub-par. Good start though. Hey Jim Lahey, how soft did Raymond look driving the net and getting fed 3 crosschecks from Getzlaf for the effort. He shied away and scored again. JimLahey???? Jim Lahey??? Where are you Jim Lahey??? I know, you are aboard the bandwagon.

Edited by TheCammer, 25 January 2013 - 11:54 PM.

Posted Image

#17 c00kies

c00kies

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

I'd still like it if he went into the slot more often, but he is starting to go there more often, so I can't complain.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#18 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

I admittedly was one of the ones who wanted Raymond gone, but I guess this is one reason why Mike Gillis is the GM and not me. He seems to have his wrist shot back too, even his shootout attempt against Calgary was well aimed and was on its way to the top right corner until Kipper got in the way.

Haha At least you admit it, most people just talk smack and don't admit when they are wrong! :bigblush:

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#19 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

POPULAR

I'd still like it if he went into the slot more often, but he is starting to go there more often, so I can't complain.

Did you see Getzlaf feed him the crosscheck three times in the paint? He doesn't get credit for his efforts. Never has and never will. Why? Because girls think he is pretty therefore many insecure guys think he is soft.
Posted Image

#20 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

if he hits 14, I;m happy with that. Zack has a chance to hit 17-19. I gave Raymond 10 games to show me he still has it.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#21 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

good job tonight mayray.

#22 eagleeyedak

eagleeyedak

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

trade him while there is still a chance...

#23 c-a-n-u-c-k-s

c-a-n-u-c-k-s

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,650 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Watch what happens to Raymond when Kesler comes back..... for now... he's a puck carrier... and has never had great chemistry with Kesler.
i make music - here it is - and run a label & musician community - sectionz [savant, mr.bill, katfyr, sirensceol, virtual riot, kaster etc....] (mainly edm)

#24 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Im not expecting Raymond to keep this pace up, but aslong as he skates hard to the net like he did tonight consistently, he should be able to reach 20 goals.

#25 tigerwilliams for pm

tigerwilliams for pm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Boy he sure does look good. His shot is strong & lazer accurate these days. I liked that one he batted out of the air. I hope it lasts he's been fun to watch

#26 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Everybody Loves Raymond

That's not even true.

#27 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

I never understood the raymond hate. The guy was pretty solid a few years ago before he BROKE HIS BACK! Im glad hes finally getting back to 100%

#28 ~AngelBelle~

~AngelBelle~

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Even if he cannot keep his pace, his efforts are obvious and something is clicking. People would stop flaming him if he continues this hardwork goal or no goal

#29 raymond.of.light

raymond.of.light

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

I've loved him since the first time I saw him skate. He's one of the most entertaining, fluid and exciting skaters I've seen. His form looks to finally be returning and he's looking like himself again. I reckon 20 goals sounds spot on, keep it up Raymond!
Believe in blue!

#30 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

i've been pretty hard on him the last couple of years, but he's proving me wrong so far. Hope he keeps up the good work.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.