#1 Drew1

Drew1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

POPULAR

Hey , have any of you guys noticed that Zack has sparked something special. I mean when was the last time we had 3 fights in a game and you seen Burr not even hesitate to step in , and apparently Ballard was begging perry all night to fight. Zack comes to the rink with and edge and he plays with it so perfect. Some of the older tough guys in the league try and intimidate him because he just turned 22 and is a kid but Zack doesnt care he always makes an impact. Complete game with Scoring , Assisting , Hitting , Fighting , Cycle game , everything . But have any of you noticed our guys arent taking crap in the post whistle scrums anymore?

Edited by debluvscanucks, 26 January 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#2 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

POPULAR

What about Volpatti? That kid can throw too and his game has been pretty good so far too.

0au3Jj.gif

#3 Drew1

Drew1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Yeah man thats what I am talking about. Volpatti everybody, our toughness has never been better ,

PS did anyone see perry miss the hit haahahah I laughed my a** off he was so mad

#4 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

And half the people on here were crying about trading Hodgson. Go figure
Life is short, LIVE IT

#5 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Who?
Posted Image

#6 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

PS did anyone see perry miss the hit haahahah I laughed my a** off he was so mad

You gotta admit watching Perry's antics is pretty entertaining

0au3Jj.gif

#7 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

the nucks always seem to need a "statement game" to get on track.

imo, that was a statement game.

Posted Image

#8 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

Huh?

Ya good game Patti!

#9 TowelPower82

TowelPower82

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Zack has been playing great. Other players besides Volpatti and Ballard have stepped up like Mayson Raymond, Edler, Weise. Tonight Schneids was the best player on the ice. Without his tremendous goaltending in the first 5 minutes this game could have been completely different.
Posted ImageGo Canucks GoPosted Image

#10 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

I've said since we got Zack, he will be a Lucic 2.0 if not better. A guy that finishes, hits, stands up and fights is a player we need the past 2 years and never had for playoffs. This is why Kassian is a more important and better player to have than Cody.

Edited by cmpunk, 26 January 2013 - 02:21 AM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#11 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

I love what I've seen from Kassian so far. He has a lot more upside than I thought. I was thinking too that he seems to have had an effect on the team as a whole. He's injected a lot of energy and grit and he's putting up points. Its inspiring. And 3 goals in 4 games is damn great.

#12 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

I think you're giving a bit too much credit to Kass but the kid still deserves mad Kudos. He does play with an edge, he's scared of no one, fights well, scores big goals and plays a solid game. His energy really is infectious too. But last year, and even in our run to the cup finals, we had too few guys filling too many roles. When Ehrhoff left, Bieksa, Edler, Hammer and Salo all had to step up to contribute to scoring. Pinching more meant getting caught out more and our defense suffered for that. Meanwhile Bieksa was also the only guy who could win fights, so he had to do that too. Secondary scoring, PK, PP, shutdown, everything fell on the shoulders of a select few. Eventually guys couldn't keep up the pace and got injured/stopped producing. Thus our slump last season going into the playoffs.

Now, we've got guys with roles. Bieksa can fight and protect our guys again because he isn't as worried about shutdown and scoring. Hammer can play a pure shutdown game without worries. Kass can make room for the Sedins meaning they don't have to make all room they're going to get just by themselves. The small guys can do their jobs because we have the big guys doing their jobs. It's just a massive trickle down effect. That's what you saw tonight. We had 3 guys happily throwing down, scorers on 3 lines, pure shutdown players, pure play-makers, pure checkers.

Edited by nateb123, 26 January 2013 - 02:53 AM.

Keswho.jpg

#13 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,275 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

Using Anaheim as a yardstick to measure Canuck progress is a bit of a joke. SJ will be more of a measure. That said I really liked the ice time the 3rd & 4th line got. Schroeder hasn't been a standout but he has been steady. Each game he looks more comfortable. He snapped a couple of wristers last night that looked great.

The biggest aspect of last night's game IMHO was Raymond's game. If he can return to form from 2 years ago then Van has a top 6 forward for the 2nd line. Either that or his value goes up big time in a multi-player deal.

#14 Rocket Robin

Rocket Robin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Glad to see we have some toughness finally remember in the finals Boston used the sardeens for bunching bags not anymore with Zak and Patti in town just what we needed in my opinion :sadno: :sadno: :sadno:

#15 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

POPULAR

I thought this was going to be a science thread.

:sadno:
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#16 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

I was blinded by science.

#17 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

You gotta admit watching Perry's antics is pretty entertaining

Nah, Perry is a piece of crap. More people need to realize that.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#18 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,450 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

String theory, sincerely.

#19 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Kassian is having a wet dream just now. He is doing every thing bang on the button. I love the way he is winding defences up and virtually daring them to make something of it.

This is how I want him playing.......smart. Not fighting at every chance but getting under the skin of the opposition.........meanwhile the Twins are left to create magic!

It must be great for the Sedins too, to have a guy who is big, ballsy but with the skill to fit in to their creativity.

I am a long time fan of Volpatti too. In fact I said a while back he struck me as a player who would raise his standard the more you gave him to do. He is more of a "player" than most give him credit for.

I don't think he's a fighter but when pushed he can handle himself, he reminds me of the quiet spoken friend who always surprised you when it came to a ruckus.

It's still early days though and I just hope the guys who are dishing out the praise now have the class to stay with these players on their down spells...............because there will be times when they have poor games but I bet (like Raymond) you never see a lack of effort.
Kevin.jpg

#20 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,995 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

Volpatti threw out some big hits in game one and has followed up by being fearless in his own right.

I have noticed that the mentality appears to be changing and the guys ARE pushing back. Loved that Bieksa reacted on behalf of Hammy. That Kassian is ready to go in crazy man fashion.

Our team was held back from reacting for awhile...shellshocked, as the penalties/consequences were very unevenly applied to our disadvantage. I don't think we can care (about that) anymore and the team realizes the message we need to be sent can't/won't be delivered through the refs. That they need to dole out their own penalties when liberties are taken with our players. Good ol' old time hockey.

Posted Image

#21 Sundin + Luongo =Cup

Sundin + Luongo =Cup

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

yes I agree Kass changes the look of our whole team!! finally a guy that doesnt take s**t from other teams tough guys /goons or onther teams. I believe Perry is going to hear from him in the next game!!! and nobody is going to smack the Sedins whens he's out with them. Seriously we havent had this since Bert was here in his prime. A big talented tough power forward!! cmon Marchand, I dare you to give Daniel a face wash!!And MG seriously have to hand it to you nobody thought this was a good trade when It happened.

#22 menace

menace

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

This made me laugh,keep up the good work!

Edited by menace, 26 January 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#23 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Yeah Kass and Volpatti seem to give our whole team confidence in the physical department, something we lacked for a long time.

I liked when Allen was trying to get Kass to fight, and Zack just told him to look at the scoreboard.

Perry super pissed yelling eff off in the box was pretty hilarious also.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#24 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

i like perry he hates losing more than anyone in the league and will fight .. i never seen that much intensity from any of the canucks when the ducks blew us out. thats how hockey used to be played your losing get mad and fight show you care not just pack it in . he plays like a canadian something we dont have very much of.

#25 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

I think the next three games (SJ, LA, Chicago) will really determine whether or not we've actually toughened up as a team with Kassian's swagger and influence. Sure, Anaheim was a good sign, but Anaheim isn't a team that is generally a team that takes cheap shots and plays with dirty tactics.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#26 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

i like perry he hates losing more than anyone in the league and will fight .. i never seen that much intensity from any of the canucks when the ducks blew us out. thats how hockey used to be played your losing get mad and fight show you care not just pack it in . he plays like a canadian something we dont have very much of.

Yeah the only players who seem to show emotion on our team are Kassian, Volpatti and Juice so far this season.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#27 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

What is better than having a guy who is big and can hit and who can also play on the first line and put up points? A guy who can answer the bell and beat the living crap out of someone at any given time.

Kassian has all the tools to be a perfect hockey player, and he definitely gives the team a much different look. I think most of the Canuck players know this as well and has a bit of a trickle down effect in a competitive kinda way.

A guy like Bieksa for instance, sees Zach Kassian go and kick the crap out of Ben Eager and says hey buddy, you're not the only one who can win a fight here, and goes and drops the gloves the next game. I really don't think it's any coincidence that we've seen a bunch of scraps so far in this short season.

This is what we call 'team toughness'.
Posted Image

#28 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Posted Image

#29 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

I've said since we got Zack, he will be a Lucic 2.0 if not better. A guy that finishes, hits, stands up and fights is a player we need the past 2 years and never had for playoffs. This is why Kassian is a more important and better player to have than Cody.

I think Kassian is a better skater with better hands. That said, I think Lucic is the better fighter. Given his age, I'm starting to think I'd take Kassian, I'd say Gillis is starting to look like a freakin genius.

#30 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

I like our team so much more then last years already with Kassian and Volpattis play, I've been waiting a while for our team to finally get some tough players. Next game is going to be the real test though against the big boys.

Let's see how Schroeder fares against them as well.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.