34 replies to this topic

#1 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

Sitting hear reading the boards this morning and thinking that we are just a little messed up with our early season expetations. Maybe we should look at some of the negs and positives and be happier with our early season start.

Point # 1 Edmontons players collectively all started Oct 1 ish, went through training camp and their core are all high scoring CHL first rounders. The best chance they have this year is to come out of the gate fast!

( We lost in a shoot out! We put one more in and it's 2 points for us)

Point # 2 San Jose has a great squad with no injuries to the core, and are a huge team that plays physical, and if you are not ready, will beat any team down.

( It's a game of inches and with 4 or 5 crossbars and posts. A little bit of luck and we win the game, not that we really deserved it! But it would have been close, and we did out shoot them during the middle of the game. With a little luck, we could have stole those points, from arguably their team is playing the best hockey in the west right now)

Point #3 LA didn't play the night before and it was their season opener. Our boys were gassed in the later part of the game....partly because of conditioning and partly the result of the San Jose game.( but bottom line is we got 1 point, and could have had 2)

So out of the last 4 games, we could have came out of them with easily 6 to 8 points, despite playing in our eyes " not so well " despite our defense not melding yet, and despite 2/3 of our second line not being here. And despite the on going goaltending distraction.

If we look at some of the unexpected plus's

Raymond looks much better this year, and ready to contribute.

Schroeder doesn't look out of place and is pretty bloody good at faceoffs

Kassian looks much better and maybe our best player out of the gate

Ballard and Tanev has had a great start to the season ( Thank God! )

Yes, those are Rose colored glasses, but honestly, we had been complaining about points lost and not that we have no talent and can't compete. Listen, other teams are getting better and maturing, just like we did years ago, but my point is we have not been playing well, and yet other teams have been lucky againt us to take the points they have.

If you want to talk Negs you can, there are lots. But you can attribute it mostly to conditioning, Kesler missing, and the goaltending debacle. And hey, we always knew we didn't have alot of depth on the farm!

#2 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

Sitting hear reading the boards this morning and thinking that we are just a little messed up with our early season expetations. Maybe we should look at some of the negs and positives and be happier with our early season start.

Point # 1 Edmontons players collectively all started Oct 1 ish, went through training camp and their core are all high scoring CHL first rounders. The best chance they have this year is to come out of the gate fast!

( We lost in a shoot out! We put one more in and it's 2 points for us)

Point # 2 San Jose has a great squad with no injuries to the core, and are a huge team that plays physical, and if you are not ready, will beat any team down.

( It's a game of inches and with 4 or 5 crossbars and posts. A little bit of luck and we win the game, not that we really deserved it! But it would have been close, and we did out shoot them during the middle of the game. With a little luck, we could have stole those points, from arguably their team is playing the best hockey in the west right now)

Point #3 LA didn't play the night before and it was their season opener. Our boys were gassed in the later part of the game....partly because of conditioning and partly the result of the San Jose game.( but bottom line is we got 1 point, and could have had 2)

So out of the last 4 games, we could have came out of them with easily 6 to 8 points, despite playing in our eyes " not so well " despite our defense not melding yet, and despite 2/3 of our second line not being here. And despite the on going goaltending distraction.

If we look at some of the unexpected plus's

Raymond looks much better this year, and ready to contribute.

Schroeder doesn't look out of place and is pretty bloody good at faceoffs

Kassian looks much better and maybe our best player out of the gate

Ballard and Tanev has had a great start to the season ( Thank God! )

Yes, those are Rose colored glasses, but honestly, we had been complaining about points lost and not that we have no talent and can't compete. Listen, other teams are getting better and maturing, just like we did years ago, but my point is we have not been playing well, and yet other teams have been lucky againt us to take the points they have.

If you want to talk Negs you can, there are lots. But you can attribute it mostly to conditioning, Kesler missing, and the goaltending debacle. And hey, we always knew we didn't have alot of depth on the farm!

What but didn't you know that the Canucks are 2-2-2? Its time to hang the usual scapegoats people! Let's take to the streets in mass panic! The Canucks need to forfeit every game and dissolve the organization! Then together we shall all drink poison Kool-aid when the Stanley Cup is awarded to which ever team we hate most at the time! :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: THE END IS NEAR REPENT NOW!!!! :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: All the armchair Canuck Critics can't be wrong!!!!
Posted Image

#3 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,756 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Tied for 1st in the division and only 6 games into the season the idiots are out in full force

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#4 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

hear hear, fire AV, trade the Sedins for Crosby & Malkin, its already all over, just pull the plug so we can draft first already!!!!

#5 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

POPULAR

Gave away all of my Canucks stuff to a Calgary fan.......scraped off my Canucks tattoo with a wire brush.....told all of my best friends who i watch the games with that theyre stupid and i dont like them anymore......cant live with a tv that has the potential to play canucks games so i threw it out the window.......had seen a news stand and there was a copy of the Provence sitting there, bottom side up; I was so insulted I shot the news stand owner and burnt it to the ground.......used to love Vancouver but I'm thinking of moving to Chicago.....will bury my head in the sand until July.......(in july, head comes out of sand) -- > we won, what do you mean we won???

#6 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Gave away all of my Canucks stuff to a Calgary fan.......scraped off my Canucks tattoo with a wire brush.....told all of my best friends who i watch the games with that theyre stupid and i dont like them anymore......cant live with a tv that has the potential to play canucks games so i threw it out the window.......had seen a news stand and there was a copy of the Provence sitting there, bottom side up; I was so insulted I shot the news stand owner and burnt it to the ground.......used to love Vancouver but I'm thinking of moving to Chicago.....will bury my head in the sand until July.......(in july, head comes out of sand) -- > we won, what do you mean we won???

This is how to panic properly!
Posted Image

#7 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Panic? There's no panic. Just alot of pissed off fans who want to see AV finally gone after 6+ years.
Imagine what they could do if they actually had someone who coached and not leaving it to them.
Unless you think all the Canuck players are overrated?

#8 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Panic? There's no panic. Just alot of pissed off fans who want to see AV finally gone after 6+ years.
Imagine what they could do if they actually had someone who coached and not leaving it to them.

This.

Hey lets sit on a lead and give up our 3rd 2 goal lead this season.

or

Hey guys lets put Edler in the shootout and throw away another point!

How stupid can somebody be?

Edited by TheGame., 29 January 2013 - 12:30 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#9 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Yeah. Imagine. We could wait another 17 years again to get even close to the Stanley Cup. Course, you prolly have a "magic" coach who has never won a cup, but you fell has a miracle cure for our team that AV is too blind to see, but you see it, and your coach see it.
Sig too big.

#10 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

No coincidence Kassian, Schroeder and Tanev have been playing for months and have been playing well.

#11 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

No coincidence Kassian, Schroeder and Tanev have been playing for months and have been playing well.

Can't really say the same for Raymond, who's been a really strong possession player this season. He's playing like the Raymond who potted 25 goals a couple seasons ago.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#12 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Can't really say the same for Raymond, who's been a really strong possession player this season. He's playing like the Raymond who potted 25 goals a couple seasons ago.

Quite true, but I believe the argument could be made for Raymond that his rehab this summer is the reason he is in the shape he is in.
Sig too big.

#13 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,246 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

We Are All Undecided

Posted Image

#14 Pistachios

Pistachios

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Even if the Canucks were 6-0 people would still find something to complain about.

0au3Jj.gif

#15 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Tanev-Ballard should be on the powerplay instead of Hamhuis-Bieksa, they have great chemistry and look like they've been on the power play for years when they got that chance.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#16 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,591 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

We're gonna win this division again, maybe even conference or PT, and once healthy with Kesler and Booth back, the new guys like Garrison, and whoever we get in a Luongo deal (if there is one) will start to gel and get used to the system this team will start rolling. If they can stay healthy this team has a really good shot to win it all. I'm not worried at all, its a .500 start with a 2-2-2 record, not a 0-6 start. I'm excited with the potential and depth this team has.
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#17 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Oh no! We are not dominating and in the middle of the pack in the standings while missing most of our 2nd line! Fire AV! Fire MG! Trade the team! Move the team! Destroy the world!

#18 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Reality check is we need to get bigger, last 2 games showed once again this team isn't built for playoff savagery.
Like a freakin broken record. Out hit by a mile last night, we used to do that to other teams, not anymore.

This team only has 2 forwards willing to throw a solid body check . :lol:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#19 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

For a team that is suppossed to be elite 2-2-2 is very subpar. But it is early and we are missing 2 of our top 6 fowards. What really kinda concerns me is the change of style the Canucks have undergone. Ever since midway point of last season they seem to not attack on the forecheck. That was my favorite part of our team. We had 3 and most nights 4 lines that would hem the other team in thier zone creating chance after chance. Now, if we are lucky, we see the Sedin line do it a couple times a game. We get a lead and sit back on it till its gone. We used to keep the pedal down and we didnt have to worry about defence so much. I fear that if they keep this gameplan we will have a hard time making the playoffs and if we do, we wont last long.

#20 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Posted Image

#21 magoomba

magoomba

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

The Northwest division is weak.
Really it's a good and bad situation. Good because the chance to make the playoffs and have home ice is greater.
But bad because Canucks aren't use to competing against the upper tier teams.

#22 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

hear hear, fire AV, trade the Sedins for Crosby & Malkin, its already all over, just pull the plug so we can draft first already!!!!

what are we waiting for , Lets do it !!!!
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#23 DreamHerO

DreamHerO

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

There's always an excuse
Posted Image

#24 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

garrison is getting paid 5 million and I hardly see any shots. All the shots I have seen so far missed the net. Can someone please pass to him more

#25 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Sedins Kass

Higs Bur Hansen
Raymond Schroeder Weise
Volpatti Maholtra Lapiere

Oh where oh where did our second line go?

#26 jwizenhl

jwizenhl

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

garrison is getting paid 5 million and I hardly see any shots. All the shots I have seen so far missed the net. Can someone please pass to him more

This is because Edler is too busy passing the puck to the other team.

#27 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

No Salo for Edler.
No other offensive d man to lighten Edler and his load.
No Kesler for a proven 2c and cup run that only he can provide.No return date and no guarantee if or when he will ever be the same again.
No Burr to get the puck to the Sedins.
A goalie that never wanted to return here has usurped the new team #1 and that is really positive for both of them and the coach and the team.
Two wins against teams that will not make the playoffs.
Time for a reality check,all right.

#28 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

No Salo for Edler.
No other offensive d man to lighten Edler and his load.
No Kesler for a proven 2c and cup run that only he can provide.No return date and no guarantee if or when he will ever be the same again.
No Burr to get the puck to the Sedins.
A goalie that never wanted to return here has usurped the new team #1 and that is really positive for both of them and the coach and the team.
Two wins against teams that will not make the playoffs.
Time for a reality check,all right.

We start slow every year and these posts come every year.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#29 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Keser is not out every year with no set return or status.
Kesler stirs the Canucks martini's.`
No Salo this year and no offensive replacement.
Salo was the solidifier and Edler hand holder.
Luongo is not supposed to be here.

Those three facts means this is not like any other year-one #1 goalie,one #1 D and one #1A C all gone,going or undetermined.
This is nothing like any year since Gillis arrived.

Edited by nuck nit, 01 February 2013 - 02:26 AM.

#30 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,339 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

Keser is not out every year with no set return or status.
Kesler stirs the Canucks martini's.`
No Salo this year and no offensive replacement.
Salo was the solidifier and Edler hand holder.
Luongo is not supposed to be here.

Those three facts means this is not like any other year-one #1 goalie,one #1 D and one #1A C all gone,going or undetermined.
This is nothing like any year since Gillis arrived.

Kesler was out last year and we managed to do just fine with a rookie taking his spot temporarily.

Salo has been replaced just fine, wait 20 games for Garrison to get comfortable, people forget Hammer took 20 games to get adjusted and playing to his capabilities too.

The right deal hasn't come along, had we already shipped Lu off for whatever has been offered thus-far we would look alot worse than we do now.

zackass.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.