The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] BMO Ready to Go

The thing is he can't still play. If he could, then he would still be playing.

So... What good is it to sign guys that can't still play?

I am not in love with the idea, but he can still play and for league min (pro rated at that) he would be a good insurance policy without going the trade route. What happens if we get an a roll, another center goes down and Kesler isn't back yet? I would personally prefer a veteran Morrison (with top 6 experience) to someone like Ebbet.

Even if he rides the pine or sits in the press box off and on. Hell we are doing that with Barker, Alberts

Schroeder has been alrite i guess...

No real mistakes or anything; but by my take he needs to be more dynamic to justify his position. The coach is playing off him to protect him from match ups < watch the first two shifts of the Sharks game < and we need a match up third line centre who can take on the Joe Thornton's and Ryan Getzlaf's of the world. It's especially true while Kesler is out! If cant handle the match ups, he'd better be scoring!

Clearly BMO is not that guy either at this stage...

Actually in training camp he clearly earned a contract, but we low balled him and offered a 2 way deal. We did mishandle him, as he was better than alot of people in our camp and could have been a great addition.

And it was 10/11, not 11/12. It wouldn't have cut into Cody's time, Cody rarely played for us in the regular season and when he did he was on the 4th line.

I don't want him this time around though Schroeder has proven to be plenty capable.

Actually in training camp he clearly earned a contract, but we low balled him and offered a 2 way deal. We did mishandle him, as he was better than alot of people in our camp and could have been a great addition.

And it was 10/11, not 11/12. It wouldn't have cut into Cody's time, Cody rarely played for us in the regular season and when he did he was on the 4th line.

I don't want him this time around though Schroeder has proven to be plenty capable.

I guess you make a better GM then MIke gillis.

He was a last might invite, because HE HAD NO CONTRACT with any team. So we did him a favor and offered him a tryout which is fine.

He is on a tryout, so he can be cut at anytime.

I swear to god, I listed all the valid points of not offering Morrison a one way contract.

First off, he was an unsigned UFA. MIke Gillis was kind enough to do him a favor, which was give him a tryout. Peter Schaefar also got an invitation to try out for the Vancouver Canucks.

By the end of the try out, MIke Gillis asked him if he was ok with a 2 way contract. Keep in mind, Morrison needs to know, that the 2nd centerman position is taken by Ryan Kesler, who had a monster season. Brenden Morrison is f in out of his mind if he thinks he deserves a 2nd position after going through the entire summer unsigned.

Because he was on tryout contract, MIke Gillis has everyright not to offer anything. Because Brenden Morrison is an offensive player. He does not have the Grit to play on the 3rd line, and he is also 36 years old.

He went to the media after this, and critized the management for offering him a 2way contract. A player that was unsigned during the summer. That part I found rude and disgusting. Right away I responded to the Morrison thread at the time, that he's on a

But again, I wasn't aware that you and the other Canucks fans, can make a better decision then MIke Gillis and A.V. I forgot there are posters here, that can make decisions then our management team. I apologize for wasting your time. Becuase he out played some members of our bottom 6 players, he deserved a 1 way contract. MIke Gillis did a Generous thing, by giving him an oppurtunity to play a limited role for our team, gets cut, gives our organization the middle finger. 36 year old Centerman, thinks he's entired to jack all, on a try out contract. Good job Nucks fans. You guys really know your crap.

Schroeder has been alrite i guess...

No real mistakes or anything; but by my take he needs to be more dynamic to justify his position. The coach is playing off him to protect him from match ups < watch the first two shifts of the Sharks game < and we need a match up third line centre who can take on the Joe Thornton's and Ryan Getzlaf's of the world. It's especially true while Kesler is out! If cant handle the match ups, he'd better be scoring!

Clearly BMO is not that guy either at this stage...

I would take the chance on him. He played great in that preseason, then had a good season with Calgary. If he is healthy he would be a good 3rd line center, or even a depth guy.

The only reason I wouldn't take him is if it kept us from making a FA signing out of college or a trade due to cap space.

Archived