The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Replacement GDT: Canucks Vs. Avalanche

DING

You have to look at context as a Canucks fan. I loved the team when I was 4 (The team was in year 2 at that time). A lot of hockey fans like my Dad had Original 6 loyalties.

The toughest part of being a Canuck fan was from 1983-1989, and the Messier years. Getting schooled by Edmonton and Calgary, and when they traded Neely I stopped watching hockey for a while. Pat Quinn/Linden and Bure was the guys who brought me back when they helped build a solid team and I've been a loyal fan ever since.

good move imo by AV.. this is about making the playoff... not catering to either goalie.. NEVER have once AV said Schneider is the #1 goalie and Luongo is a pure backup now.. by platooning them as a 1a 1b it makes the other goalie going to have to be their best or they'll be swapped next game. Competition makes people perform better. Luongo before could afford to slack off and not worry about being bench. now both goalie simply can't. Also this is a shorten season, every points count. so no there's no time for a goalie to go thru a slump and for the team to slowly work it's way out of it. by then it's probably already too late to make the playoff.

Archived