The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Spotted at PIT/WSH game - Mike Gillis and Laurence Gilman

Strombone1

I don't know enough about Johannson but if Laich + Broweur + Holtby is possbile I would take it.

Luongo, Raymond, Higgins.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Schroeder

Burrows Laich Brouwer

Hansen Lapierre Volpatti

Probably the best 3rd line this team has ever had, size, grit, fight, scoring, and fore check all in their 27-31 year old prime

Holtby with Schneider and Lack will be a great project to always have a goaltender than can perform at an insane level.

2nd line with Schroeder may be risky but, if it doesn't work we can always throw Hansen Burrows or Brouwer up there.

People have said our bottom 6 of

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Higgins Lapierre Volpatti/Malhotra/Ebbett

Can get it done, I don't know what they're smoking.

Higgins has evaporated, and if Raymond and Schroeder are our 3rd line going into playoffs I may just cheer for another team lol.

This is hilarious!

As much as Washington is struggling as a team right now and Holtby unable to get a very solid game under his belt. The Capitals are very UNlikely to trade for Luongo.

The team is commited to their goaltenders, contrary to a lot of comments on here Michal Neuvirth has been playing very well and is a very good young netminder with plenty of upside.

Braden Holtby had played very well last season, there was a very high chance that Holtby would come back down to reality and struggle somewhat this year, many hockey experts predicted this. He has a higher ceiling than Neuvirth but is a year behind in development. The team is happy with their netminders.

That said, if the team feels pressure maybe by ownership, or finds that they can make a deal for a Luongo that improves the team then as with any team they will explore the option.

I would have to say that a deal where Washington improves their team by acquiring Luongo likely does NOT involve moving one of Alzner or Carlson, or Backstrom, Ovechkin, Laich. As for Marcus Johansson, team's usually do not trade depreciated assets, meaning his stock is low, they would likely not move him until they could increase his value hence a better return.

Realistically, I think Luongo and Raymond for Brouwer, Wilson and Neuvirth is fair. They can send Hamrlik back to if they need a cap dump.

We get grittier today in Brouwer, a potential powerforward and a backup to Schneider.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Schroeder - Brouwer

Volpatti - Lapierre - Hansen

Malhotra/Weise

A lot tougher. I wouldn't be opposed to making a deadline deal for Torres....Get even grittier.

And we would have a lot of big forwards in the pipeline for the future: Kassian, Jensen, Gaunce, Wilson...

This is hilarious!

As much as Washington is struggling as a team right now and Holtby unable to get a very solid game under his belt. The Capitals are very UNlikely to trade for Luongo.

The team is commited to their goaltenders, contrary to a lot of comments on here Michal Neuvirth has been playing very well and is a very good young netminder with plenty of upside.

Braden Holtby had played very well last season, there was a very high chance that Holtby would come back down to reality and struggle somewhat this year, many hockey experts predicted this. He has a higher ceiling than Neuvirth but is a year behind in development. The team is happy with their netminders.

That said, if the team feels pressure maybe by ownership, or finds that they can make a deal for a Luongo that improves the team then as with any team they will explore the option.

I would have to say that a deal where Washington improves their team by acquiring Luongo likely does NOT involve moving one of Alzner or Carlson, or Backstrom, Ovechkin, Laich. As for Marcus Johansson, team's usually do not trade depreciated assets, meaning his stock is low, they would likely not move him until they could increase his value hence a better return.

I don't know enough about Johannson but if Laich + Broweur + Holtby is possbile I would take it.

Luongo, Raymond, Higgins.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Schroeder

Burrows Laich Brouwer

Hansen Lapierre Volpatti

Probably the best 3rd line this team has ever had, size, grit, fight, scoring, and fore check all in their 27-31 year old prime

Holtby with Schneider and Lack will be a great project to always have a goaltender than can perform at an insane level.

2nd line with Schroeder may be risky but, if it doesn't work we can always throw Hansen Burrows or Brouwer up there.

People have said our bottom 6 of

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Higgins Lapierre Volpatti/Malhotra/Ebbett

Can get it done, I don't know what they're smoking.

Higgins has evaporated, and if Raymond and Schroeder are our 3rd line going into playoffs I may just cheer for another team lol.

Neuvirth playing well?

Thats a laugh- yes he had a couple of good games, but if you go back and watch the highlights, he is averaging 1-2 suspect goals per game, and some games he has been down right awful. Not to mention the fact that he lost his job to a highly unproven goalie last year and still has not convinced the coaching staff that he is the number 1-why else do they keep going back to Holtby?

Do not get me started on Neuvirth's stats...

the great thing (sarcasm) about guys like Neuvirth and Reimer is that yes they can play great- but when they do, the team better play great as well, otherwise the team wastes one of the few great performances these guys will have.

Neuvirth lacks consistency- like a lot of goalies his age. If I am McPhee I could wait a little longer, but I would know that Luongo trumps anything Washington has ever had between the pipes.

Tom Wilson is overrated. No way I'd even consider him unless it's a throw in. Kid is all potential at the moment, nothing else. He's a big slow kid, who's tough. His Offensive skill is worst than Lucic was at the same age, and you can only pray that he develops like Lucic did. BTW Kassian shown to be better offensively than both of them at the same age. Tom Wilson is a guy, who needs to develop and you won't know what your going to get until 3-4 years down the road, but so far it hasn't been convincing. It looks more like he's going into a Eric Fehr type.

The skill guys Washington has, should hold much more value. You won't get Forsberg, you wouldn't want Kuznetsov, I still like Marcus Johansson. Easily replaces Raymond long term, whether he'd be on the 3rd line or 2nd line wing. The 2nd line needs a playmaker, with hockey IQ(Johansson) to pass the puck to Kesler. The only time Raymond has been successful is when he started passing, and he ended up scoring 25 goals. Now, he's thinking he's a goal scorer, he'll never gel with Kesler. Higgins will be the man, once Kesler is back because of chemistry. Raymond may fit on the 3rd line, if Schroeder becomes the 3rd line center.

None of the pieces above should be the center piece because your trading a elite goaltender. Only way you make the deal if there is a player that pushes you over the top. No prospect does that, therefore you can wait until off season.Makes no sense for the Canucks to acquire a Dman. Backstrom isn't going anywhere. Liach is too expensive.

Best case scenerio and if the media is right, Gillis is at the game to try to get one of the teams that is actually in Luongo to pay more.

Also of note, I'm sure Tallon is sitting there thinking about the possibility of Luongo going to a division rival for the next 10 years.

May put a little more pressure on Florida to do something.

Gillis is taking in the Florida/Winnipeg game next apparently.

Washington:

Luongo

Ballard

Vancouver:

Wilson/Orlov

Johansson

Hamrlik

--

We get our 3rd line center, a prospect and salary dump.

Hamrlik is a UFA and Ballard has 2 more years. So that saves us a buyout and gets rid of 2 big contracts.

Archived